Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:46

All times are UTC+02:00

ro 
 Post subject: Teeworlds!
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2008, 22:23 
The Necromancer (4970)

Time to say something about this amazing FREE multiplayer game on the forums. ^^

Mint and I have been playing it for a while and it's a really nice late-night "casual" game although there's nothing casual about the gameplay or skills required. =)

The basic description would go like this: Kirby meets Soldat/any other shooter. :-D

More in-depth description: it's an online 2D side-scrolling shooter with various gameplay modes and even server-side MODs (like instagib). You have several weapons at your disposal and the nice thing is that they are ALL very balanced - you also have a grappling hook and a double jump both of which you must master to get around quickly.

I think it'll be better if you just download the game and see for yourself - it really is awesome - both cute and disturbing at the same time and it REALLY takes some skills to be good at it!

Some screenshots to boot (all taken hastily on one map and a single server :-P):

Angry Tee getting hit | Attacking with the hammer | Happy Tee after a kill :-D

Image Image Image

Another server, another map, another gameplay mode (CTF). Notice the ninja sword - it's Teeworlds' equivalent of the Quad Damage but only for melee. =)

Image Image Image Image

So, meet you in-game! There are dozens of dedicated servers, maps can be downloaded from the server - there are even custom skins on the Teeworlds DB!

http://www.teeworlds-db.com/

Download now!
http://www.teeworlds.com/

And to finish the post: the poorest pun being brought up in-game all the time... ^^

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Teeworlds!
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2008, 23:16 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I tried to play this game whilst shit faced.

Didn't go too well I must admit.

de 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 10:21 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Haha... now we finally can go multigaming... :4

no 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 12:22 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
this game is so great for those moments when you're in doubt if you want to do any serious gaming, it's a really nice change from the usuall stuff.

and yes Craig.. you were pretty shitfaced..... to say the least, I'm suprised you even remember how to turn on your computer.. but it's all for lols!

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 12:43 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
Ah nice! Gonna try this one out. Hope i wont get any connection problems with my router on this game :P

We Shall Not Be Moved!

ro 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 13:03 
The Necromancer (4970)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
Ah nice! Gonna try this one out. Hope i wont get any connection problems with my router on this game
Ha, ha - insider jokes for the win. ^^

No, you won't get any problems since Teeworlds doesn't require you to open any ports unless you're a server - very much so like any other game with a client-server architecture (e.g. TF2 :-D).

See you in-game then! ^^

P.S. Some player skins are quite awesome but sadly players have to share them "manually" if they want to see them in-game (that is: have the skins installed - then you'll see all the players using one of the installed skins normally) since there's no skin download option - intentionally by the way - player skins are simply PNGs and it would be too easy for some morons to make invisible Tees or start turning the game into a horrible mess with Goatse skins etc. However, since Teeworlds is open source we might see a feature like this appear in the program as a server-side option but this will require many safeguards.

Download this one if you want to see me in my full cow-y awesomeness:

In fact, download all the skins by lordskelethom since they display a consistent amount of quality (unlike some others):

http://teeworlds-db.com/?s=2&seite=1&us ... dskelethom

Post all the non-standard skins you might be using so that we can download them - it's really easy to make skins yourself as well as you have noticed.

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=996

no 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 13:29 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
Ah nice! Gonna try this one out. Hope i wont get any connection problems with my router on this game :P
hehe, actually we found out that it lagged so much anyway that it was kind of unbarable.... although it made for some funny lols when we synchronized stuff ;)

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

ro 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 13:38 
The Necromancer (4970)
Quote:
hehe, actually we found out that it lagged so much anyway that it was kind of unbarable....
Not Teeworlds, of course, but our whole retro emulation initiative (just to clear it up). I'll have to try how well it works e.g. for Sega Genesis games since it uses the Kaillera network which benefits from having a client-server architecture and hence synchronization problems should be less prevalent.

Back to player skins.

Here's a (virus infected) pack of 95 skins I have chosen - you can download it so that we are all "synchronized" skin-wise. Extract the archive to your data -> skins directory.

myskins.zip (844 KB) (epic file size! ;-)