Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:34

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Space Engineers
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 08:19 
Geek (839)
Now SpA hosted!

Space Engineers is a Steam game where players collect materials, and build machinery in space. There are many possibilities as to what to build, and which direction to take when building. Currently the system we have to join and play is through an application process through Google docs. However, the future plans is to set up something through the forums, and to have it solely through the SpA community. Once you apply, you are added to the "SpA Space Engineers" Steam group, where you can then access the game. For all game info, including IP etc., look in the group description. Apply for SpA Space Engineers Steam group here.

Future events, and event ideas:
Post from wiki:
Information from Steam description:
Current world settings:
16 asteroids
12 player max
Multipliers x3
Very very large inventory
Trash Removal
SAFE meteors
Pause-when-empty
For more information on gameplay, development info, tools and objectives, etc. visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/2448 ... _702_7__13
Or, a how-to-play at http://www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/how-to-play.html

Last edited by Arbogeddon on 01 Aug 2014, 23:02, edited 4 times in total.

be 
 Post subject: Re: Space Engineers
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 10:03 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Other games, Other games is where you want to post that :p

I've played it with mbl and some of his friends already, it's fun to play however running a dedicated server isn't that easy right now. There's supposed to be a modding API that will come in the future that should make life much easier for that.

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2014, 00:29 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Here's a playlist for some footage of the multiplayer. It's pretty much a non-broken moonbase alpha with quite a but of content. It's slow unless you turn everything on the most unrealistic settings ever though. I am interested in this game, seems worth buying. SpA could host a server for it as well from what I understand, although it would need to be a members-only server like our Minecraft FTB server.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... lKUZjR44no

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2014, 04:21 
Geek (839)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
SpA could host a server for it as well from what I understand, although it would need to be a members-only server like our Minecraft FTB server.
So like an application-based process?

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2014, 11:51 
Arbogeddon wrote:
So like an application-based process?
Yeah, due to the fact it can get very laggy with a lot of people on. That and the fact that people can tear all of your hard work apart, and resources are valuable.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2014, 18:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Can deffinetly vouch for this game, especially if you liked FTB in Minecraft, has the similiar process of survivng, collecting and refining materials for creating machines, or just make machines do it all for you. Haven't spent much time playing it, because it is a very time consuming game. Unless you count multiplayer there's no real objectives and the AI isn't very intersting to fight at this point in the development, but the mechanics and physics are excellent.

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2014, 18:48 
Geek (839)
From looking at the console and research I've done, there is a way to add a Steam group as whitelisted. Anyone in that group will be allowed to join the server, anyone who is not in the group cannot. We can set up an application process and add people as time goes on.

Along with simple gameplay, we can also have events like Faction PvP and who can survive the longest (turn on meteor showers). Thoughts?

us 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 22:05 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Hello all, just a heads up, SpA is going to start hosting it's own Space Engineers server! The server will be managed by Arbogeddon from here on out.

Due to the fact Arbo is not available until Tuesday, I have set up a simple vanilla 8 person server for the time being. When Arbo returns he has plans on making the server unique, so I can't guarantee the map will be used in the future. If you notice the server having issues before Tuesday, let me know, anything after speak to Arbo :ugly:

The server is closed to all those who are not in the Steam Group. Arbo plans on setting up an application system to regulate admission, but for now, message me on steam to add you if you wish to play!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 22:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Would recommend having the fastest build times and having it set to a large invent, it can get pretty tedious otherwise.

us 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 23:39 
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Would recommend having the fastest build times and having it set to a large invent, it can get pretty tedious otherwise.
I agree with this statement ^

us 
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 00:34 
Geek (839)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Yeah, have talked to someone more experienced with the game. Going to 2x most speeds.

us 
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 19:56 
Geek (839)
I need a complete reply on anyone who is, or will be interested in playing this game. I've got a couple suggestions and ideas but need an amount before making any major decisions and/or events. A couple ideas are:

The Last Survivor
Meteor showers are infinite - meteors are on fire.
Zero to little amount of health regeneration without a medical room.
Raiding will be allowed

Faction Wars
Players would be randomly selected and placed between two groups, allowing them to choose a Faction leader. This, however, is not required.
Two ships would be spawned on each side of the map.
Normal meteor showers
Normal health regeneration

Once I get back on Tuesday, I'll make some adjustments to how things are, increasing amount of asteroids, speeding up each process to (2x), and the player's invent to full capacity. If you all have any suggestions, post below.

us 
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 20:24 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Well I will play.

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

be 
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014, 11:51 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
I've been playing a bit on the server yesterday and today, I'm almost always busy fixing damage from the meteor showers, might be worth it to disable them? :p

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014, 19:32 
Good lord this game is almost impossible on normal settings, imagine the last survivor :ugly:

It might be worth it to slow down the meteor showers. If you go with the faction wars option we could add new channels to the mumble server for each faction. May not want to make the game too easy but also don't want to turn people away by making it too difficult.

I would love to play, I just have to wait until I make a bit more money to be able to purchase the game, unless someone wants to gift it to me 8)

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 01:58 
Who all wants to play? :4

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 03:59 
Geek (839)
The applications are now up and running!

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 23:13 
Community slut (13473)
When there is a server, there are graphs...!

us 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2014, 01:10 
Geek (839)
New server up:
16 asteroids
12 player max
Multipliers x3
Very very large inventory
Trash Removal
SAFE meteors
Pause-when-empty

us 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2014, 04:48 
Edit the main post Arbo :D This is awesome :P

us 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2014, 22:52 
Geek (839)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
Edit the main post Arbo :D
Done :18

us 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 04:38 
Hate to bother anyone but the server needs updating :lol: Current version: 1042020

us 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 04:44 
I've been having a problem connecting. I can not find it in the SE server list and when I use steams Server tab is just pops up the Red Orchestra 2 server. I really wish SE had a search feature. So anyone have a idea of how to fix this so I can connect once it gets updated? Also since I figure someone may ask this, yes I am part of the steam group.

<redbanana22> Ok

us 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 04:48 
redbanana22 wrote:
I've been having a problem connecting. I can not find it in the SE server list and when I use steams Server tab is just pops up the Red Orchestra 2 server. I really wish SE had a search feature. So anyone have a idea of how to fix this so I can connect once it gets updated? Also since I figure someone may ask this, yes I am part of the steam group.
Well nevermind I fixed my problem.

<redbanana22> Ok

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 11:50 
Community slut (13473)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
Hate to bother anyone but the server needs updating :lol: Current version: 1042020
I've updated the server, but I am not sure if I booted the correct instance... I'll ask Arbo to keep an information post so that we can restart it properly 8)

us 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 16:18 
Geek (839)
Hey, my fault. Time zones are a killer, and I've been away a lot. I'll make sure to post the information on it, and sorry for the inconveniance on the late restart.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 19:50 
Arbogeddon wrote:
Hey, my fault. Time zones are a killer, and I've been away a lot. I'll make sure to post the information on it, and sorry for the inconveniance on the late restart.
It's all good. I'm going to attempt to livestream Space Engineers tonight (9:30PM EST [US&Canada]) and I think the server would be the best environment for the stream. :)

us 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 02:16 
Space Engineers announced to be coming to Xbox One! http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/space ... ement.html

us 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 02:36 
awesomefriends56 wrote:
Space Engineers announced to be coming to Xbox One! http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/space ... ement.html
Why would that be good? that just means they will make things Xbox One exclusive, so then we would have to buy a xbox one to have access to everything.

<redbanana22> Ok

us 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 02:44 
Oh also the server needs to be updated to the latest version, they really need to add a auto updater to the server.

<redbanana22> Ok