Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:05

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:29 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
KarlJW wrote:

So, what I'm trying to say is (sorry for the long winding sob story!), the camera is currently being repaired! :4
Yay :4
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Yeah, I'm well aware of the tripod and slow shutter speed setup.

That 7D sure does sound sexy though. I had a short go of Anna's in Romania, but I was not worthy of it, and it began to melt my face, so I had to hand it back.
:demm:

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 23:56 
FUCK YOU! (320)
You went to Romania without me? :(

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 23:58 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
SpA meeting :18

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 00:04 
FUCK YOU! (320)
I used to be in [SpA]. I should of been invited. :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 00:06 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Everyone in SpA was invited :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 00:09 
FUCK YOU! (320)
I don't go to meetings anyway. Meetings come to me. 8) :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:21 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I want a dslr, so expensive though ;(

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 18:52 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I want a dslr, so expensive though ;(
Not all are. What is your budget?

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:08 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
£3.99 is what I have in my bank :P

I could probably muster up £800 if I got round to selling things and if my bloody scholarship money would come through :( Not really something I desperately need though, I think survival is more important, especially since it would just be a hobby. I think if I were to get one I would be aiming to spend over £1000.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:12 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:12 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:

I could probably muster up £800 if I got round to selling things and if my bloody scholarship money would come through :( Not really something I desperately need though, I think survival is more important, especially since it would just be a hobby. I think if I were to get one I would be aiming to spend over £1000.
Why spend that much if you're starting out? That's like buying a Ferrari when you just pass your test.

Get something similar to McMoist's and get to learn it and know it before you go up with the more expensive equipment. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:23 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
KarlJW wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:

Why spend that much if you're starting out? That's like buying a Ferrari when you just pass your test.

Get something similar to McMoist's and get to learn it and know it before you go up with the more expensive equipment. :)
I see it like buying a more powerful computer, rather than cars. With a more powerful computer, you get good results when doing the normal stuff like browsing the interwebs and the like, but then you have the capacity to do more advanced stuff as well when you are ready ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:28 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:36 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
KarlJW wrote:

I see it like buying a more powerful computer, rather than cars. With a more powerful computer, you get good results when doing the normal stuff like browsing the interwebs and the like, but then you have the capacity to do more advanced stuff as well when you are ready ;)
It doesn't work like that with photography. Buying a top end, semi-pro/professional camera does not make you instantly take better photos, nor does it make any difference when learning how to take photos.
It's about the person behind the camera, not the camera itself.

Having a camera worth £1,000 does not make every photo you take, whether it be simple or complex, better at all. You need to know how to use it.
The top end cameras are designed for the professionals for a reason. They need the things it can do, the full frame sensors, the detail, because they are going to use it in ways you can't. Not until you understand it all.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:38 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
My camera is more than capable of advanced stuff.

I'll go do some advanced stuff right now. Just you wait and see! I'll show you, Jack! I'll fuckin' show you!! :7
Your camera is a brilliant camera, and is along the same lines are my first D-SLR. I got some great results with it and it could do so much, and yours is technically better than my first one as it's a newer model so can do so much more.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:39 
FUCK YOU! (320)
I could, if I wanted to, when I bought my Canon EOS 7D, dug into my savings and purchased the new Canon 1D, the top, top end of Canon D-SLRs, but I didn't. I have no reason to buy such a camera as I will never use it in the way it is made for, thus in return making it a useless camera for me.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 20:06 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
KarlJW wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:

It doesn't work like that with photography. Buying a top end, semi-pro/professional camera does not make you instantly take better photos, nor does it make any difference when learning how to take photos.

Having a camera worth £1,000 does not make every photo you take, whether it be simple or complex, better at all. You need to know how to use it.
The top end cameras are designed for the professionals for a reason. They need the things it can do, the full frame sensors, the detail, because they are going to use it in ways you can't. Not until you understand it all.
I said it would give me the capacity to use the more advanced features when I feel ready, using your example; when I know how to use it and understand it. I don't see how that translates into me saying that the camera will give me better results as soon as I get it.

Patronising me for something I didn't even say is cool though.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 00:27 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
KarlJW wrote:

I said it would give me the capacity to use the more advanced features when I feel ready, using your example; when I know how to use it and understand it. I don't see how that translates into me saying that the camera will give me better results as soon as I get it.

Patronising me for something I didn't even say is cool though.
Mate, I wasn't patronising. Really, I wasn't. I apologise if it come across that way.

I know where you're coming from, I really do. I thought that at first when I started out, but it really does not work that way.

You are better off getting an entry D-SLR camera, such as McMoist's, and starting from there. Seriously. I wouldn't just say that.
That way you'll get to know how it works, how it functions, what it can do. Plus, you forget the camera is only 10% of a photo. You've got the photographer and the lenses.
Get a an entry camera, learn about it. Once you're ready, upgrade. Then when you're ready again, upgrade again.

It isn't as easy as, I have a pro camera, I can't use it but will and one day I will understand it.

I sincerely do not mean that in a horrible way. It's a completely different ball game to technology in terms of, 'I've got better,'

I suggest you get an entry cam. Canon, of course. You can still use all Canon lenses, so don't worry about that. Just remember that EF lenses will not have a true focal lengthy on cropped sensors.

Please take this on board. I am not trying to be horrible, patronizing or anything of the sort.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 01:35 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
My bad, spent too much time playing tf2 today rather doing things I had to do D:

So how much do you think is a good amount for a entry level dslr? What are the different options?

I've read up on lenses but I still don't really know what to go for, can you just get like a 28-90mm f/4-5.6 and be good to go? :P

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 11:47 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
My bad, spent too much time playing tf2 today rather doing things I had to do D:

So how much do you think is a good amount for a entry level dslr? What are the different options?

I've read up on lenses but I still don't really know what to go for, can you just get like a 28-90mm f/4-5.6 and be good to go? :P
Oops! Forgot about your reply, mate. Sorry about that!

It all depends on what your budget is really, but around £400 will get you a nice Canon D-SLR + a kit lens, but I'd recommend you buy a different lens straight away. It all depends on what you're most likely to shoot?

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 11:48 
FUCK YOU! (320)
By the way, folks, my camera should be on its way back to me as I type this! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 12:12 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
The new 550D is a neat little camera, I checked it out in the shop just to see what it was like. Defo agree with Karl with upgrading the lens, don't go for the kit lens if you can afford it. Here's a review of the 550D CanonEOS550D

@ Karl... :4

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 12:42 
FUCK YOU! (320)
The kit lens will do what you want to a degree, depending how serious you are. For point and shoot with the family or whatever, it will do fine, but for anything else, you'll want better quality glass.

Although, the kit lens has been improved since I bought the Canon EOS 400D.

If you want, buy the body only and a lens instead of the body + kit lens package.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 20:18 
SpA Fookah (4459)
you got great discount if you buy the body with a lens deal on a lot of sites. If you find something you like , or as you live in the uk, you could have karl maybe cock up some links of nice deals?

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 21:38 
FUCK YOU! (320)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
you got great discount if you buy the body with a lens deal on a lot of sites. If you find something you like , or as you live in the uk, you could have karl maybe cock up some links of nice deals?
You do get some good deals with lenses, but not the sort of lenses I'd use. A lot of the entry level cameras come with a cheap lens which may seem good to the average person (and do the job, I guess), but it isn't top quality glass. I guess I'm just viewing them as I would, but I'm not buying it, so I've got to think like I'm starting out again.

I'm more than happy to help out someone buy something. If they tell me what they're most likely going to be shooting I can help with some lens comparisons. There's some sites which do some wicked reviews and compare lenses.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010, 20:08 
FUCK YOU! (320)
Meh! The camera has to be sent back to repair again. They put something in wrong, so it seems. I took some photos of this weird yellow thing in the CF card slot and they said something needs to be put into the correct position. So basically, they cocked up.

Fucks sake!

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 12:08 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Is it fixed now?

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 17:16 
FUCK YOU! (320)
Yep, it's all fixed and in tip top working condition. I'm thinking about selling it at some point though.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 21:41 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm