Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:53

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 21:12 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Here's some photo's I took at last years 10 years of ATP festival:

Friday:
We arrived a little late but fortunately so did Karen O and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's

Saturday:

First up and my most anticipated act of the weekend Afrirampo

There's a huge content gap here mostly bacause getting anywhere near the stage for Modest Mouse, Battles, The Breeders, and OM was impossible. I was however almost on top of Sunn O))) and despite the smoke got a couple of good shots

Sunday:
I started Sunday with Shellac one of my favourite bands containing people resposible for some of my favourite albums out side of shellac... I didn't take many photos I was to busy enjoying myself.

Next up was the Magic Band, these guys can play and play well what sounded difficult 40 years ago...

Then came The Mars Volta, their insane light show eventually forced me to drop back to black and white on the last damn song >.<

I then caught Lightening Bolt, however my photo session was cut short when Afirirampo joined them on-stage and I went to rock out instead... My optimism was rewarded with Pika crowd-surfing

Last band of the night was Polvo who played almost in its entirety "Today's active lifestyles"

Other bands I saw but failed to get decent photos of:
Mudhoney, Deerhoof, Explosions In The Sky, Apse, Mum, Tortoise and Fuck Buttons

I have 1055 photo's of the weekend so I just took a few from that I'll see what else is good later. I'll start sorting through ATP 2008 at some point too :D

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 22:03 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yay ATP! i'd like to go to next year's with GY!BE, but it probably won't happen : (

also, sunn o))) live? that must have been a mindfuck and a half. awesome shots, will take a look-through that gives them justice later

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 00:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i would love to see the mars volta live :)

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 11:15 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I've hardly heard of any of those bands... but who cares I LOVE FESTIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS :4 :26 :-11

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 11:19 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
yay ATP! i'd like to go to next year's with GY!BE, but it probably won't happen : (

also, sunn o))) live? that must have been a mindfuck and a half. awesome shots, will take a look-through that gives them justice later
You mean this years Nightmare Before Christmas? Apart from Neurosis there's not much on that line up that I haven't seen and would be desperate to sit through again, prefer the line up to Bowlie 2.

Its actually the 6th time I've seen Sunn play, not to mention having seen Khanate, Burning Witch and Goatsnake play before.. ah the old days.
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
i would love to see the mars volta live :)
3rd time.. At the Drive In were better live... ah the old days.
[SpA]annarack wrote:
I've hardly heard of any of those bands... but who cares I LOVE FESTIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS :4 :26 :-11
It's at Butlins in Minehead so you get to sleep in a bed, like civilised people. Its also curated by a band or artist each year so it tends to be full of Artists who appeal to Artists. My Favourite festival.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 11:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Although they share some members, i prefer the tone of The mars volta.... but im not saying at the drive in are not the big titties also :D

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 11:37 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
It's at Butlins in Minehead so you get to sleep in a bed, like civilised people. Its also curated by a band or artist each year so it tends to be full of Artists who appeal to Artists. My Favourite festival.
I love Butlins in Minehead.... I would spend all day, everyday on the carousel :D