Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:45

All times are UTC+01:00

au 
PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 16:36 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
So it has come to my attention that games such as HungerGames, CTF, and other mini-games, are very popular games to play with in minecraft. So basically here is my question/proposal; are there any game modes like the previously mentioned ones that you would like to play? Within a week or so there shall be some changes to the server that will allow us to be able to run these kinds of games.

Currently we have a prison server in the making, however the mind behind that is away on holidays so the project is on hold for a bit.

In your suggestions please specify the game mode you wish to suggest, along with a description of how the game mode would work (Include links to youtube videos or bukkit plugins if available). Also try to think of an idea to make these games unique. There are many servers out there hosting the same thing, but what can we, as a community, offer to make our servers a step above the rest and make people more likely to choose them.

Please Suggest and Discuss :mrgreen:

*I would also like to add. These servers would not have the same lag as SMP would. The current lag in SMP is due to the high number of entities. An issue that I will be addressing shortly. However plugins to help manage this problem are difficult to find

us 
PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 18:54 
Geek (883)
UHC..
Description is in the link
http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 92&t=14797

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 21:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
This.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

ro 
PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 02:43 
Has learned to write! (185)
CMP, hidden mod, hunger games, paintball mod. Although I like tscuz's idea a lot as well.
Whislt I cannot abtain myself to get to the 'clitoris' of the problem faster, avoiding the much needed prelude with overusage of irony and sarcasm... I can only say a few words. (needed to remind myself, God help me because it didn't fucking work the first four times...)

1.Who will administrate the server?
2.Does mbl have enough time to make the repairs, upgrades and tweeks it will eventually need?
3.Should we concentrate on gaining popularity first before branching? (in the idea of making everybody vote for the server, branching will make us more popular)
And finally:
4. Should we make some YouTube videos? Some basic server how to's, some basic Jarva coding, a few builds from the server. All of those on the official channel will help us a bit.

us 
PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 03:50 
Geek (883)
Make a co-mbl!! So it would be mbl and some other slave of SpA MC!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

ca 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 02:01 
Doesn't get out much (374)
Not sure if anyone has mentioned The Walls? I'm not sure how it works but I have seen it around on youtube :)

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

us 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 02:16 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
The Walls is a map split into 4 corners(or slices if its round) by sand or gravel(or both for a nice design). The user has 15 minutes to make traps, hide, prepare and then after that time, the walls fall and starts an all out war. The last player(or team) remaining wins. There are little rules, just be the last to live.

au 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 14:19 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
UHC:
I have said time and time again, this will simply not work unless it is an organized event. (By UHC I am assuming you mean the mindcrack UHC). For this game play to work you need to have a group of people dedicated to play MC non-stop for a rather lengthy period (3+ hours). Thus the only downfall with that. However it is possible for us to release a modded version of this idea. A survival world, made much harder than UHC is with the ultimate goal of killing the dragon. Each season/round could have a time limit of one month and players could join/leave as they please. Death would result in an instant ban, which would only be revoked after the season has ended (Either by timeout or the ender dragon was defeated). There would need to be some form of Tie breaker in the event that the ender dragon was not slain during the season. This game would be something that becomes more refined as we do it, and we will have to learn as we go. Prizes could be given to the winner such as SpA points, or some other perks on SMP.

So questions regarding this:
-Should it be whitelisted? (I think that it shouldn't, but then there is a PVP free rules section that once you leave you can't re-enter)
-How much more UHC should it be than the mindcrackers
-Is this a viable option?

Hunger/Survival Games:

Well this game mode is rather popular and it would be silly for us not to use it. However there needs to be something unique that isn't too game breaking. Here's an idea; As you play you gain points from killing people, surviving and winning. Points allow you level up from district 12 all the way to district 1. Each district has new perks in the game such as better kit from 'sponsors'. Another idea is that you can unlock districts using points, however you need to have unlocked the previous districts (You cant just unlock district1 from the start). Each district will have special perks, but to maintain balance they will also have cons.

I have watched the hunger games, however I am not that familiar with the books.

Questions:
-What do you think of these ideas?
-Got any other ones?
-Suggest some perks :3

CMP: CMP is something I am not familiar with. I have no real idea how to manage one. I will have a look around at some things and get back to you :3

The Walls:
This game mode relies on 2-4 players that are online at the same time, who have an extended amount of time to play. This idea could work very well however it might be best to stick to survival games and UUHC (Ultra Ultra Hard Core) for the time being.

zXPoison wrote:
1.Who will administrate the server?
2.Does mbl have enough time to make the repairs, upgrades and tweeks it will eventually need?
3.Should we concentrate on gaining popularity first before branching? (in the idea of making everybody vote for the server, branching will make us more popular)
And finally:
4. Should we make some YouTube videos? Some basic server how to's, some basic Jarva coding, a few builds from the server. All of those on the official channel will help us a bit.
1) Overall I will manage them all, however each server will have admins. The current SMP op's+ will be admins on these servers, however in future things may change.
2) For the most part, yes. I do have the help of a few people who are giving me a hand in putting together the in game parts such as builds. For the plugins and such, I have a few people in mind to help me, however I have yet to ask them :p
3) Voting was a bit of a flop. We just didn't have enough people to make it work. Frankly boosting the popularity is something that you all should be doing anyway. For example, sharing the word around the internet, telling friends, etc.
4) There were plans to make some videos, but it appears no progress has been made. Its all still in the discussion phase. If players want to make videos and submit them to me. I will then organize with saintk about uploading them. Java coding may not really be a big hit, but if people are willing to try then go for it. If people want to make a video giving a walk through of their builds, go for it! Just try to make it a video that people would want to watch, make it fun, and interesting. If your using music then please make sure you have ALL the rights to it, and that you include the details of those rights with your video

Keep the suggestions and ideas coming guys!!

us 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 05:02 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
We really need a "Pin the tail on the Patogy" game.

us 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 07:07 
Crap at posting (43)
I believe that UHC (Mind Crack UHC) is an unreliable option and that Survival games would be much more enjoyable. I also would like to bring back Arbo's suggestion of using McMMO for extra "Strengths" To see more about that check out his post under "Survival Games, Yes I said it". I think that there would be an area to train the skills then when ready, and a starting game is open, they may enter the arena.

I would also like to input that I am available to be part of the committee to build/moderate. I understand that the admins will be the SMP Op+ but I am always available. :P Anyways, Hope this helps with the debate.

au 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 08:17 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
By all means, dont feel discouraged just because I said that SMP op+ will be admins. This is just to begin with, eventually each server may have different people in the admin teams as SMP administration and Game Server administration are rather different. Should there not be enough admins from SMP willing to be apart of the games admin team then I will look at including some veterans.

With MCMMO I feel that it would not be a viable option. Its based on an MMO style of play, not a survival games server. Perhaps I am getting this wrong.. Can you build, break and craft in Survival games? My thoughts were always no, and then the SpA-UUHC (Not an official title) server would be the survival with building, breaking and crafting

au 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 10:47 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Just an extra note, with the SpA-UHC we can mod all sorts of things. For example
-Make mobs track players at a greater distance
-Make crops grow at different rates
-View distance
-Hunger mechanics

nl 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 17:38 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Ideas for SpA-UHC

In a 2000x2000 map you will be teleported to a random location on your own or in teams, after 1h you will be teleported inside 1000x1000 (with possible team) 30min later 500x500 15 min later to 200x200.
There you stay until everybody is dead, you can't go outside the area.

This makes games short and fun.
And ofc, you would need a countdown for every teleportation so you don't lose stuff.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

au 
PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 00:39 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well, there isn't really a need for this, Assuming we go with the one game a month idea I had in a previous post. However something like that might be good for the SG which we want to end sooner rather than later

us 
PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 02:28 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
Not advertising, but I've seen a server that has UHC every hour. After a set time, anyone left alive is teleported back to spawn, and they duke it out. Then, they regenerate the world (takes about 6 mins, and the terrain is different) and they play again.

us 
PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 20:45 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Bow Spleef and normal spleef. And paintball

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 01:20 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Found a cool one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8YtSfFOeJk