Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:47

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 23:35 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
So I finally have a decent machine to play Minecraft on as well as other games hosted by SPA. That being said, I wanted to warn everyone that my presence is coming.

The machine:
HP Pavilion 17 Laptop
AMD A10-5750M APU Quad-Core with Radeon HD Graphics @ 2.5 GHz (64-bit)
8GB RAM (Wanting to call it DDR3, but not sure)
750GB HDD With 64-bit Windows 8 Installed

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few things but you get the point. It may not be the fastest machine out there but it can sure play the games I need it to at decent framerates even with the graphics cranked all the way up.

NOW, to the thing I need help with, it's not urgent but for some odd reason every time I start up Minecraft and put it into full screen it crashes. All it tells me is the null pointer exception error, on ANY version. Any ideas would help.

Why I left unexpectedly:

cz 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 10:20 
Doesn't get out much (379)
Play it on maximized but not on fullscreen? :D

ro 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 18:08 
Has learned to write! (185)
Uuuu! And a10, nice. The ram must be DDR3, I mean if the motherboard supports an A10 it wont fucking have DDR2 ram slots.
8 GB is plentiful as you'll not be using it all.
Now don't be hoping at more than 60 fps on Minecraft, fullscreen with everything on max, the processor is a tad slow for that. Though you should be able to play quite a few games on it, maybe even TF2.

About missing a few things, you'll need a headset, some ear-buds (during the summer you wont want to use a gaming headset, you'll feel like your brain is cooking) I know quite a few good ones for 10-20$. I for say am using a rather cheap one and the quality for its price is amazing, when I was recording myself I felt like I had a fin' Yetti.

That being said, welcome back. We'll see you on the dark side.

fi 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 19:20 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
zXPoison wrote:
-- you'll need a headset, some ear-buds (during the summer you wont want to use a gaming headset, you'll feel like your brain is cooking) --
Lies, no cooking happens.
I myself can't use earbudsewells, because my ears start bleeding and they're bloody uncomfortable.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

ro 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 22:36 
Has learned to write! (185)
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
zXPoison wrote:
-- you'll need a headset, some ear-buds (during the summer you wont want to use a gaming headset, you'll feel like your brain is cooking) --
I myself can't use earbudsewells, because my ears start bleeding and they're bloody uncomfortable.
You live in fucking Finland, how is it supposed to be cooking around your parts? :/

fi 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 23:24 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
zXPoison wrote:
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
You live in fucking Finland, how is it supposed to be cooking around your parts? :/
The coldest place in Finland was the hottest place in Europe just before summer. Sometimes it's 30° C around here, but now it's - luckily - getting colder and colder. Soon it'll be too cold... D;

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

nl 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2013, 23:43 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Welcome back awesomeman

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2013, 22:17 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
On the framerate. While I was able to play fullscreen I got an average 60 FPS. Unfortunately It always crashes while going fullscreen.

I do have a few pairs of headsets as well as earbuds, so that's not a problem. However, this laptop only has one jack on it which supports smart phone headsets and earbuds with the mic built in. The problem with that is the mic I like to use and the headset I like to use can't be plugged in at the same time...

I can live with maximized but fullscreen would be nice to use.

On the subject of games. It runs Garry's Mod, TF2, Minecraft, etc. no problem. The only issue with TF2 is I can't find our servers.