Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:45

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: Minecraft Update
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 07:46 
Geek (883)
Hi all,
Haven't been very active but I heard about the new MC update and was wondering does it apply to all Minecraft versions, or just Windows 10? Also if and when the update is available for all versions, will we get a new map on the server? (If we don't already have a fresh map) Anyways its always nice to see how you all are doing.

--
Brown

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

fi 
 Post subject: Re: Minecraft Update
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 08:19 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I don't see why it would be restricted to Windows 10. And yes, we'd be silly to not create a new world for 1.9.
We might go with a traditional temp world before the 1.9 comes out, but the current world is the same old one – WITH THE YULE DIMENSION! WOOOOOOO!

Also, you've been missing out on a lot of things ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 15:44 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Haven't you heard of Christmas in July??

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 21:43 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
They ARE making a dedicated Windows 10 version of Minecraft, BUT it's pretty much Minecraft: Pocket Edition with mouse and keyboard support and will be compatible with the PE servers. That being said, it will not work with the current PC version. I believe they said the PC players who bought the game will get the Windows 10 edition free.

They will continue to update the PC version separate from Windows 10/Pocket Edition, so our servers will still be special :wink:

We were talking about you the other day on SMP, we'd been hoping you were alright :P I think it was you that FireHeart wanted to talk to (although you can't quote me on that).

It's been pretty laid back around these parts, the server is getting a little more active but I think that'll change once 1.9 comes around with new maps. Hopefully the new update brings new players. :ugly:

I hope to have cleared stuff up for you! If I did, mind leaving a good review on my seller profile? Wait... this isn't Amazon :lol: :18

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 00:43 
Geek (839)
Minecraft is still a game?
SpA is still a community?
Computers still exist?

Welp. Better hop on more often.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 07:09 
Has learned to write! (161)
I think I single handedly tripled the servers activity in one day by talking to AF and Fire. I have been on most days working on my race track that next had a race. My work schedule is stable now so I have a couple hours each night to play while all the EU people are asleep :evil:

I plan on being on the server most of tomorrow you should all join me like 11-12 hours from now...

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 19:16 
[SpA]AP4rk3dC4r wrote:
I think I single handedly tripled the servers activity in one day by talking to AF and Fire. I have been on most days working on my race track that next had a race. My work schedule is stable now so I have a couple hours each night to play while all the EU people are asleep :evil:

I plan on being on the server most of tomorrow you should all join me like 11-12 hours from now...
Not to mention the fact that I was streaming :P Credit to you! I've just gotten that itch to play Minecraft again, not sure why.

ca 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015, 03:29 
Doesn't get out much (374)
Tscuz <3 Long time no see :) Come on Irc and Chat with me :-13

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

us 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2015, 22:21 
Geek (883)
[SpA]Halexboom88 wrote:
Tscuz <3 Long time no see :) Come on Irc and Chat with me :-13
Hi

I have a laptop, just got it. I want to play Minecraft....reset the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you all log on!!!!!!!!!

us 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 09:04 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
Maybe a reset when 1.9 is finalized? (bring back the diablo drops and wrath of mbl swords) would be perfect for some combat :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 03:10 
Geek (883)
jdue722blues wrote:
Maybe a reset when 1.9 is finalized? (bring back the diablo drops and wrath of mbl swords) would be perfect for some combat :mrgreen:
Yeah I liked diablo drops. I just wish we had a temp map, just to play with the new add ons, playing on single player is boring.

be 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 11:56 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
The problem is that we're right now running a version of Bukkit that was never meant to exist. Once 1.9 comes chances of it still being available will be even smaller.

What we'll most likely do is switch to Sponge, which will have virtually none of the plugins Bukkit has.

cz 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 22:20 
Doesn't get out much (379)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
which will have virtually none of the plugins Bukkit has.
Is that a Bukkit API layer for Sponge I heard driving in the Ferrari? :D

us 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 02:24 
I'm sure someone here could whip up something to make bukkit plugins work with sponge. It would be a converter, seems fairly simple. May have to be on a plugin-to-plugin basis though.

be 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 11:44 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
seems fairly simple.
Yes, of course. :|

us 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 02:07 
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
seems fairly simple.
Yes, of course. :|
I get to say that, after having said that for my own projects and learning the "simple" things can take the longest. The only real benefit I can think of getting from re-making the plugins for our own server would be that we can tweak the smaller things and make the plugins our own. Then again MCMMO and other plugins are pretty much already balanced. :ugly:

au 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 05:51 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
The problem with making a wrapper for Bukkit to Sponge is that there is just soooo much in Bukkit, it would take forever.

Remaking the plugins, although it might be nice for those tweaks, we would lose the testing and updates of those plugins that are well established (MCMMO for example).

Thankfully 1.9 is still yet to be released, which means we still have a little more time to try and work out our game plan.