Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:06

All times are UTC+01:00

pt 
 Post subject: Re: A Proposal
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 17:03 
Geek (697)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
There is every chance I will ban TNT globally. You people cannot be trusted with it...
Aww there goes my chance of making a TNT cannon in bedlam and trying to fire into the other areas :C /joke

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 17:26 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
hi.

i know i dont often play minecraft,

but could you put the spawn point inside a school.

so people would have to complete the school to get out onto the server.

basicly a few rooms with the rules and general theme of the server, which should generally stop people claiming ignorance!

dont know if this sounds good to you guys but yeah my tuppence for you!

us 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 07:46 
Crap at posting (25)
Just a few questions for the new map...

How will city managers be appointed on the new map?

What powers do they have? Now Howard said they can't rollback or ban so what tools will they be given to structure there land and enforce their power to those who don't listen???

So a city manager will be in control of 1000x1000 land size?? Will he be the only form of power in the land?

That's pretty much it! Thanks for your time.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 15:46 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
bro1010 wrote:

What powers do they have? Now Howard said they can't rollback or ban so what tools will they be given to structure there land and enforce their power to those who don't listen???

So a city manager will be in control of 1000x1000 land size?? Will he be the only form of power in the land?

As I see it, these 1000x1000 land will be res'ed so whatever control residences have, you should have

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 18:44 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:
bro1010 wrote:

As I see it, these 1000x1000 land will be res'ed so whatever control residences have, you should have
Exactly mate. WHile there will be no "admin" tools, you will simply be able to remove someone build rights if they don't behave. Simples :)

us 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 08:54 
Crap at posting (25)
Well than that's a lot easier implement.

us 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 03:14 
Pretty useless (67)
So who will be put beldum, is it like a punishment for example? The new people that join the server, will they have to be in beldum until they rank? Thanks!

btw great ideas

us 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 03:18 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Ferrarir0b27 wrote:
So who will be put beldum, is it like a punishment for example? The new people that join the server, will they have to be in beldum until they rank? Thanks!

btw great ideas
bedlam is for everyone, newbies and members

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 21:22 
Pretty useless (68)
Omg this all looks beautiful <3

Can wait to see how it all works out :) And I literally went OAO when I saw Fade is a theme owner (in happiness not sadness obviously)

Is there a thread for theme suggestions yet? Just wondering, I haven't been on for donkeys so I haven't a clue. Might have a few ideas springing to mind.

cl 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 23:27 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
TerriBerriify wrote:
Omg this all looks beautiful <3

Can wait to see how it all works out :) And I literally went OAO when I saw Fade is a theme owner (in happiness not sadness obviously)

Is there a thread for theme suggestions yet? Just wondering, I haven't been on for donkeys so I haven't a clue. Might have a few ideas springing to mind.

Well, I made one just to see what people would like in general; but the answer given by Howard was "You have to present detailed information on themes you present, including exactly what will be built there, etc."

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 13:06 
Crap at posting (30)
Some thoughts about Bedlam:
* LWC on, at least for a few critical elements, such as chests, iron doors (but not wooden), and pressure plates (wouldn't want trespassers to miss out on that deathmachine, now wouldn't we :)
* Limited residences. You can build a small safehouse/panic room (for free?), where you can safely rest... provided you locked your doors... People can enter and murder you if you forget to close your doors, just not break through walls to get to you. And probably a 2nd residence to safeguard the personal stargate.
* Off-the-map. The dynamic map will not show where people are, nor any map features (except maybe the initial virgin map). For obvious reasons, I want noone to know where I am, nor warn my unsuspecting victim I'm about to give them a taste of their eternal reward. :)
* Bedlam should be enclosed by a visible (3 block high fence with perma fire on top?) and an invisible barrier (top to bottom), except for 2 main gates (normal ones, perhaps with a stargate, see below) in the west and south.

As for the main stargates, perhaps put 4 of them 'in the field' rather then in a city (unless the city is build around it), each 1000 away in a cardinal direction from the center of the map. So [-1000, 0] (west) would be between Homestead and Themepark, [0,1000] (north) between Homestead and Bedlam, [1000,0] (east) between Bedlam and Themepark, and [0,-1000] (south) in the middle of Theme Park (or a particular themed build). (That would be an interesting city on the edge of Bedlam.. black markets, assassins-for-hire, sleazy brothels...)

Perhaps we could even have clans in Bedlam, with war and such :D

Oh, and anyone caught griefing/being offensive would be banished to Bedlam and cannot access the other areas until an admin/op lifts their exile :D

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:12 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think we should keep a percentage of our money, it's a shame doing all that earning, and selling and then having it reset on every new map, along with pocessions. Even like 10% would be something, but 30%, 40% would be better.

Are we keeping the McMMo stats? Takes ages to build them up to anything useful, went through stacks of diamond and gold building it up to repair diamond, which for you repair at a loss anyway until you level up much further.

Lastly the markets, I think they should be organised on the new map. Circling an area over and over looking for something that either isn't there or is out of stock, is frustrating.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:49 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think we should keep a percentage of our money, it's a shame doing all that earning, and selling and then having it reset on every new map, along with pocessions. Even like 10% would be something, but 30%, 40% would be better.
The problem is that there have been many, many ways of earning money that are just too easy and some have far too much while others have none at all. The new map will have a very different economy so allowing finances from teh old server to carry over does not make sense to me. Still undecided though.
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Are we keeping the McMMo stats? Takes ages to build them up to anything useful, went through stacks of diamond and gold building it up to repair diamond, which for you repair at a loss anyway until you level up much further.
MCMMO will continue but the plugin author has stated that he is radically changing the way it works to better compliment the (totally shite) features that Notch built in. Gonna have to see what happens here.

[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Lastly the markets, I think they should be organised on the new map. Circling an area over and over looking for something that either isn't there or is out of stock, is frustrating.

Out of stock? In that case you mean player markets and there is no way to organise this. Players do not attend regularly so their shops will always be out of stop and totally ramshackle - nature of the system.

pt 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:56 
Geek (697)
How about having a main market in the spawn city for players to make their stalls, but divide it into sections (minerals, tools, organics, building-only blocks, etc.), won't solve the out of stock problem but will make it easier for anyone to find whatever he/she needs.

Edit: ah also, Howard, any idea when we're going to swap maps? I've made a few airship examples on my free time, but still wanted to know how much longer I have to make a few more~

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
The problem is that there have been many, many ways of earning money that are just too easy and some have far too much while others have none at all. The new map will have a very different economy so allowing finances from teh old server to carry over does not make sense to me. Still undecided though.

Out of stock? In that case you mean player markets and there is no way to organise this. Players do not attend regularly so their shops will always be out of stop and totally ramshackle - nature of the system.
That is true, that the economy is quite top heavy, though I do enjoy that you earn money for killing mobs, anyone can do it, and it makes the mobs more than something to shut out of your home. We need taxes lol but yeah I do think a little money should carry over, so any work trading done before the new map pays off, there'd be little point trading until the new map. On top of that, how would people go about protecting their first homes? Especially if they're ambitious builders?

I think the layouts for the markets should at least be so you can browse them linearly, and like Panty said, have sections so you know where to get what you need. Not like stalls selling a mix of fences, melons, cobble, and ender eyes. An idea is that cities specialize in certain goods, so you'd have an incentive to travel to mutiple cities. I guess all this is up to the market owners though.

Last edited by [SpA]JuncoPartner on 13 Nov 2011, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:33 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well having sections for the player controlled markets is a good idea but how will it be enforced? I don't think that OPs will want to spend their time checking all the stalls and then having to yell at those who sell eggs in the armour section :lol:

be 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 20:07 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Well having sections for the player controlled markets is a good idea but how will it be enforced? I don't think that OPs will want to spend their time checking all the stalls and then having to yell at those who sell eggs in the armour section :lol:
Oh I already check the stalls at Leo's, and there are some people willing to help with that like ferrarirob27 ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:41 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
heldplayer wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Oh I already check the stalls at Leo's, and there are some people willing to help with that like ferrarirob27 ^^

Errr...kay. Didn't really expect people to pursue things that far with this. It's a market - is it really such a hardship to look for the thing you want?

That being said the player markets will officially be Leo's damned problem so go badger him :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 01:08 
The one and only (619)
Leo will probably be busy playing skyrim ^,^

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 18:11 
Likes to type... (229)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
For example: There is a large, flying galleon outside Spawn City right now. Stepping through the teleport arch in its hold takes you to an identical flying ship above Leo's castle (which not features docking spires). Each Theme will be able to pick its own vehicle to represent the zone.
a little bit late but:

Could we not like 'fiddle' with the coding of the portal thingy - and instead of having you be teleported when you walk through the nether portal - you could use like air blocks and kind-of walk through a door way of what looks like air and be transported to the other place (could be notified with a sign letting the player know they are about to walk through so they don't just walk through randomly!) -- i'm just thinking it would look a lot better... if that's still the plan that is... and yes, by "we" i mean "you" :D

like i say its a little late - but still a nice enough idea - no idea if its possible though! :D

au 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 06:15 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
This is already a feature of the plugin. If you have seen the diamond portal in the middle of babel (Before the temp maps). There was no portal stuff there, but it still transported you.