Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:13

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 

How should /spawn work in the new server?
Totally disabled like now? 24%  24%  [ 11 ]
Free to use at any time? 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Free to use but on a timer? 53%  53%  [ 24 ]
Total votes: 45
gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 13:06 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
The poll if pretty self explanatory. Let me know what you all want for the new server.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 13:19 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I voted for timed but I don't want a 30 minute waiting period like /home :)

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 13:20 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:

3 hours then? excellent. Done. :D

us 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 13:21 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
bubbajim3 wrote:

3 hours then? excellent. Done. :D
Lol :p

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 14:26 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
What he ment to say was, how long of a waiting period do you want?
you not not 30 mins, does this mean you want it more or less?

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 16:44 
Doesn't get out much (376)
I genuinely don't know with this one, only if the spawn has no markets I think, even then I'm not sure how it would work with the portals and that.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 22:37 
Geek (631)
With portals being probably around where most people are, I don't really see the need for /spawn, other than people wanting to take the least amount possible with every single thing there is in the game, and just be lazy and using /spawn. I think honestly the things that should be stripped down are the things that would make game play easier to do like /spawn or /home, teleporting, compass porting, flying (last 3 for the ops+). One of the reasons I started losing interest in smp is how easy it started to become, it's called survival multiplayer for a reason. If people want everything instantly given to them they shouldn't be playing smp. If we have things like teleporting for free use, people are going to lose interest in the server, and just leave because there isn't a challenge. In the end, they want to work hard for everything, and really earn it all, and when they do, they will feel great accomplishment and be happier players on the server. That's how I see it at least, even if they don't think it now.

[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I CANT MOVE
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I HAVE POLIO
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: HELP

[22:21] <@UNICORN_XD> *facedesk* sciece is so broing

cl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 00:28 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
I would rather have /spawn which takes you to the stargate hub than /home, TBH.

fi 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 21:11 
Illiterate (13)
I voted for time, but meant more than 30 min. Tower of babel is great idea, and it keeps even a small bit of adventure alive, moving with commands is pretty boring... Still, I meant like hour- 30min, not that 3 hours 8)

us 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 00:35 
Likes to type... (247)
[SpA]Mc_MrCat wrote:
With portals being probably around where most people are, I don't really see the need for /spawn, other than people wanting to take the least amount possible with every single thing there is in the game, and just be lazy and using /spawn. I think honestly the things that should be stripped down are the things that would make game play easier to do like /spawn or /home, teleporting, compass porting, flying (last 3 for the ops+). One of the reasons I started losing interest in smp is how easy it started to become, it's called survival multiplayer for a reason. If people want everything instantly given to them they shouldn't be playing smp. If we have things like teleporting for free use, people are going to lose interest in the server, and just leave because there isn't a challenge. In the end, they want to work hard for everything, and really earn it all, and when they do, they will feel great accomplishment and be happier players on the server. That's how I see it at least, even if they don't think it now.

I agree with this. It isn't freebuild smp... you work for your stuff.

<+Aadolf> Obama isn't gay, Obama is homo.
<+Aadolf> Black people resemble horses.
<+Aadolf> Obama is a horse

cl 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 01:05 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
I insist that if we're gonna keep one, make it spawn instead of home... It's a single place where absolutely everyone can TP to, you can NOT set a personal place, it's just the stargate, in case you get lost, or simply in case you want to go to another place... I think /spawn is a necessity, TBH.

us 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 01:28 
Doesn't get out much (327)
PetePorty wrote:
I insist...
How's that working for ya? :9 :8 :lol: :demm:

cl 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 01:33 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Perseverance? IDK, but they say it's a good thing.

Note that insist is NOT demand, I'm just saying I haven't changed my mind...

(And if you want factual proof that it's working, I just want to note that my poll option is winning. :P)

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 21:10 
Pretty useless (68)
If there are easy access portals, then no /spawn.

If someone decided to live far into the wilderness where there is no portal at all, then spawn to the nearest portal, with a timer, sounds like a good option.

One /spawn and one /home every half hour sounds good.

(sorry for short answers, I am really tired atm. This is the amount of logic I have in my head so...)

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 21:19 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TerriBerriify wrote:
If there are easy access portals, then no /spawn.

If someone decided to live far into the wilderness where there is no portal at all, then spawn to the nearest portal, with a timer, sounds like a good option.

One /spawn and one /home every half hour sounds good.

(sorry for short answers, I am really tired atm. This is the amount of logic I have in my head so...)

Wait...didn't you leave? :)

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 21:27 
Pretty useless (68)
I left the 1.7.3 ;) Who said I couldn't come back for 1.... what are we on now? :P

And besides, even if I don't play, the input can help right :D

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 14:04 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TerriBerriify wrote:
I left the 1.7.3 ;) Who said I couldn't come back for 1.... what are we on now? :P

And besides, even if I don't play, the input can help right :D
Absolutely. Glad to have you back!

au 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 15:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Okey, I've read through everyone's posts and it seems as though, players want the 'adventure' part of the game to stand out more, so I thought up a few idea's.

Idea 1: pay a fee of $50 to teleport to the spawn.. *simple

Idea 2: pay a fee starting at $5 and every time you want to use /spawn the price doubles.. But when the price say gets to $320 the price resets back to $5... Ect..

Idea 3: pay a fee To teleport to the spawn, DEPENDING on your current where abouts on the map.. ( the further away you are from the spawn, the more it costs ).

Example:

I am about 1500 blocks from the spawn, it would cost me $150 to teleport back to the spawn.

So here is the basic rule to figure out how much it'll cost you:

DistanceFromSpawn x 0.1 = CostOfTeloportation

But....

If you got some random cost like: $125.56868 , that goes into decimals, than we could just round it back to basic 2 digit cents ($125.57). Or just round it back to basic dollars ($126).

Well, to be honest Im not sure if you would be able to understand all this gibberish, but if you do.. Thanks..

(remember these are just "made up on the spot" ideas...)

au 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 15:28 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Sounds alright, but how we would do ideas 2 and 3

pt 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 19:13 
Geek (697)
Idea 2 could work better on a cooldown, instead of simply reseting after reaching max value, it would stay at that value until a X amout of time before reseting.

Idea 3 also sounds good with some kinda of distance calculator.

The thing is, is it possible to configure it like that?

be 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 21:54 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
But....

If you got some random cost like: $125.56868 , that goes into decimals, than we could just round it back to basic 2 digit cents ($125.57). Or just round it back to basic dollars ($126).
Well actually, iConomy saves ALL the decimals.

au 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 09:32 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
JMPanty wrote:
Idea 3 also sounds good with some kinda of distance calculator.

The thing is, is it possible to configure it like that?
It is possible, but we would need to find or possibly get a custom made plugin.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 09:48 
Doesn't get out much (382)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Okey, I've read through everyone's posts and it seems as though, players want the 'adventure' part of the game to stand out more, so I thought up a few idea's.

Idea 1: pay a fee of $50 to teleport to the spawn.. *simple

Idea 2: pay a fee starting at $5 and every time you want to use /spawn the price doubles.. But when the price say gets to $320 the price resets back to $5... Ect..

Idea 3: pay a fee To teleport to the spawn, DEPENDING on your current where abouts on the map.. ( the further away you are from the spawn, the more it costs ).

Example:

I am about 1500 blocks from the spawn, it would cost me $150 to teleport back to the spawn.

So here is the basic rule to figure out how much it'll cost you:

But....

Well, to be honest Im not sure if you would be able to understand all this gibberish, but if you do.. Thanks..

(remember these are just "made up on the spot" ideas...)
Hi, having the cost depend on where you are on the map would encourage everyone to build close to spawn, so nooo.....

this sounds like it is getting more complicated by the minute, what happened to simplifying things? We dont want folks to have to use trig or calculus to figure their cost of doing /spawn.

KISS folks, keep it simple.

And are yall the same ppl who were hollaring about having a cool down and no /spawn in the game???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

au 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 13:30 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Well, I spoke to Howard a few hours ago, and he seemed to like the idea.. And kinda asked me to start working on the pugin. :P

But, yes I can see what you're coming at and well, why don't we flip it around like this:

(4000 - DistanceFromSpawn) x 0.1 = CostOfTeloportation

*The reason why it's '4000 - DistanceFromSpawn', because Howard recently announced that the new map size will be 4000 blocks in any direction.

Okey, so with this 'changed' rule, the player will find the further he/she travels away from the spawn the LESS it costs, that way it would incurrage player to travel away from the spawn.

So basically, say I was 2566 blocks away from the spawn:

[(4000 - DistanceFromSpawn) x 0.1 = CostOfTeloportation]
Soo...
(4000 - 2566) x 0.1 = $143.40

Soo... Is that better? :P
It's not that confusing, just a little Maths... :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 13:38 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I did think this sounded like I good idea.

It isn't. No zones are big enough for this to matter and it just encourages people to cluster around spawn/hubs.

The entire concept of /home and /spawn will need rethinking with the current design.
We shall have to see.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 04:22 
Geek (733)
Just a suggestion, I think that there should be a command like /spawn that teleports you automatically to the market. Also, I like blueflame's idea I of a cost to teleport to places.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 05:09 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
/spawn is a good command to have but I think instead of having it for everyone, it will be for registered+ and it would have a one hour cool down peroid as well as a cost that will be determined by whomever feels like making one.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 11:14 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
CoDxFeeds wrote:
Just a suggestion, I think that there should be a command like /spawn that teleports you automatically to the market. Also, I like blueflame's idea I of a cost to teleport to places.
Stop necro-ing 5 month old posts...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]