Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:47

All times are UTC+01:00

Which zones would you like to see in-game for the themed area?
Nature-Jungle 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Ancient Asia 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Hell 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Sea Sanctuary 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Eskimo City 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Ancient Europe 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Total votes: 54
cl 
 Post subject: Themed Zones
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 07:15 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
So, another guy started a thread about his personal zone, I didn't want to invade his, so I made this. This is to ask/answer questions about the zones. Howard stated there would be 8 zones, but he has only named 3 so far. City, Ruins and Medieval. bro1010 proposed a nature zone too.

So so far, the zones are the following: (Will edit as we decide... Assuming we get to decide, if it will be an admin only choice, please tell me and this will only be a question/opinion thread.)

1.- City Build -- Fade_to_black
2.- Ancient Ruins -- MrGreen
3.- Medieval Build -- j_mon5
4.-
5.-
6.-
7.-
8.-

PROPOSED:

Nature-Jungle (Parks, relaxing theme, huge trees, treehouses, waterfalls, a little magical) -- bro1010 - PeterPorty
Ancient Asia (Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, etc.) -- PeterPorty
Science Fiction (Futuristic) -- PeterPorty
Hell (Nether-Like) -- PeterPorty
Sea Sanctuary (Water... And Temples...) -- PeterPorty
Eskimo City (Snow and small houses) -- Patogy
Special Ed (Giant, short yellow bus) -- OneYankeeRebel
Flying Islands (Clouds and stuff, bridges connecting islands) -- PeterPorty
Ancient Europe -- Thaw11

So... Feedback and opinion time! Feel free to propose new stuff and I'll add them to the list. ^_^

Last edited by PetePorty on 18 Sep 2011, 19:24, edited 5 times in total.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Themed Zones
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 10:42 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Eskimo city, a big city lay in the snow with small houses ect. Ill bring out a preview of it soon-ish to let it see lol. (Patogy)

us 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 12:14 
Doesn't get out much (327)
Special Ed City
A themed city which looks like a giant, short yellow school bus with square wheels, where all single digit IQ minecrafters can live in perfect harmony.

Who wants to be manager of this one?

au 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 12:40 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
whats a manager?

cl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 16:58 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
The manager is like the "King" or the "Supreme Ruler" of the themed land. He would set rules in his section, and who's allowed to build and who's not. Since there would be no admins, he would have to set policemen or something, or maybe he can handle it himself. The thing is, your zone, your problem.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 20:19 
Doesn't get out much (327)
PetePorty wrote:
The manager is like the "King" or the "Supreme Ruler" of the themed land. He would set rules in his section, and who's allowed to build and who's not. Since there would be no admins, he would have to set policemen or something, or maybe he can handle it himself. The thing is, your zone, your problem.
Manager is a far cry away from king or supreme ruler. Howard remains King, Supreme Ruler and God. But yeah, your zone, your problem. I would hope a themed area manager would not be some dickhead megalomaniac.

pt 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 20:32 
Geek (697)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
I would hope a themed area manager would not be some dickhead megalomaniac.
They'll have to have patience and be good at explaining how they envision the area to others, or else it will be a bit of a mayhem.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 21:58 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
JMPanty wrote:
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
I would hope a themed area manager would not be some dickhead megalomaniac.
They'll have to have patience and be good at explaining how they envision the area to others, or else it will be a bit of a mayhem.
Exactly - no matter how good your ideas for a given zone, unless I see a level of maturity and calm in you as a player, there is no way in hell you are gonna manage a whole zone.

Short version - shape up, act well in game and make one hell of an application when then time comes (and get as much support for your ideas as you can - Zone Managers don't have to be a solo act)

cl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:06 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Poll added, not enough commenting, guessed maybe we need some more voting. :P

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:58 
Likes to type... (229)
Ancient Europe!

cl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 23:08 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
What kind? Doesn't that mainly fall into medieval? I was gonna suggest ancient rome, but I assumed it would also fall into that category... In fact, even Ancient Asia might, but none of this is my call, we should wait for jmon to say something...

ca 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 23:50 
Doesn't get out much (377)
I'm hoping for Hell and Sea
I think those themes will be fun.

cl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 00:15 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Tomorrow, I'll delete the options with 0, 1 and 2 votes and add the new options. Depending on how many new options there are, I might not delete the ones with 2. (Hope people will keep voting, since the votes will be reset once that happens)

pt 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 00:41 
Geek (697)
Why Ancient Asia/Europe? Just make it Ancient in general.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 01:06 
Geek (631)
Well ancient Asia, or just Asian architecture in general, is a lot different than ancient Europe's, so them being in the same zone could be a bit of a contrast. In general most minecraft buildings are in ancient style, so I think that an Asian theme along with a medieval one would be pretty cool to see.

The water idea would be pretty cool to see as well, people could make ships, and floating fortresses, and maybe even semi-above and below water cities. That would be an interesting thing to see.

[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I CANT MOVE
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I HAVE POLIO
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: HELP

[22:21] <@UNICORN_XD> *facedesk* sciece is so broing

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 01:20 
Likes to type... (229)
PetePorty wrote:
What kind? Doesn't that mainly fall into medieval? I was gonna suggest ancient rome, but I assumed it would also fall into that category... In fact, even Ancient Asia might, but none of this is my call, we should wait for jmon to say something...
Nahhh, i meant pre-medieval.. medieval is later and is more wattle & daub style house- while ancient is more temples and monuments and marble and sh*t

cl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 01:23 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Thaw111 wrote:
PetePorty wrote:
Nahhh, i meant pre-medieval.. medieval is later and is more wattle & daub style house- while ancient is more temples and monuments and marble and sh*t
Ok, I'll add it tomorrow when I delete the crappy options.

pt 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 04:24 
Geek (697)
[SpA]Mc_MrCat wrote:
Well ancient Asia, or just Asian architecture in general, is a lot different than ancient Europe's, so them being in the same zone could be a bit of a contrast. In general most minecraft buildings are in ancient style, so I think that an Asian theme along with a medieval one would be pretty cool to see.
I'm not saying to mix them up, I'm saying forget about making something from "our past" or just our world in general. Making up original stuff is way more interesting and creative than remaking something that already exists. Not saying I don't like them (I do love aciant asian architecture), just saying what would make things *maybe* a bit more interesting.

cl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 04:53 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Maybe, unless Howard is against it, we could have subsection inside the themes... ie, medieval theme, sections: european, asian, arabic, IDK.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 06:38 
Crap at posting (25)
Hey pete, I'd say the jungle theme would go hand and hand with my idea for a nature theme...They both accomplish close to the same goal, which would be tranquility. We should combine them together to strengthen our idea as a group!

cl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 06:56 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
KK, so far the Jungle is the one that has the most votes in total, so tomorrow I'll rename it to nature-jungle. ^_^

cl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 19:22 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Yay! Double post!

In any case, bumping for counters being reset. Deleted the 4 options with the least votes, namely, Special Ed, Nature Build, Science Fiction and Flying Islands.

Right now there are only 6 options left, and 5 themes are required... So I need you people to give more ideas. ^_^

Also adding Ancient Europe.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 20:40 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
a preview (kind of) of how eskimo city will look like
(Only look at the snow parts!) not the grass ect.
thanks,
-Patogy

pt 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 22:28 
Geek (697)
Petter, since there's fewer options make it so people can only voite for 3 ^^

Edit: nice job there Pat, did you try to use netherrack on fire inside the chimeney instead of cobweb? ;P

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011, 22:38 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Ehh, sadly enough.. 1 of the houses burned down which isn't on the pics haha.. I think it only works when spread fire is off :P

cl 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011, 01:05 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
I thought about it, JMP, but there are 5 open spots, so I assume keeping less than 5 is a little stupid...

pt 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011, 02:06 
Geek (697)
Just cutting out the weed, we don't need to fill all the themed areas asap. Maybe someone will come with better ideas/plans for themes after a while.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011, 02:41 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Yeah I've let this run so far so that people can spit ball ideas but these theme zones will not be filled straight away. When the server starts there will be 4 filled and no more and that will be chosen by me out of the proposals offered (proposals being FAR more than just a theme: they have to detail who will run it, how you will plan, what exactly are you building).

You guys are getting a long ways ahead of yourselves.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011, 04:33 
Crap at posting (25)
Quote:
=[SpA]Howard
Yeah I've let this run so far so that people can spit ball ideas but these theme zones will not be filled straight away. When the server starts there will be 4 filled and no more and that will be chosen by me out of the proposals offered (proposals being FAR more than just a theme: they have to detail who will run it, how you will plan, what exactly are you building).

So will all this info be presented to you when the thread for this comes out, or do you want us to just shoot you a message with the info??

cl 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2011, 05:47 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Oh? I assumed we just said themes and you/the admin team would select the owner and stuff... I mean, I understand why someone might not want me as a theme-zone owner, but I don't think the person should affect the theme... I'd rather have cool themes owned by people who didn't propose them than crappy themes from cool people. Just my 9.6 Chilean Pesos.

Also, alright then, I'll reduce the voting to 3 for the next voting session.