[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
Some feedback on the smp server - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:39

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 00:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Generally quite pleased with this map, the spawn is exactly what I was talking about, very nice job there. Boats are a great way to get around the map if you can get to the coast. Bedlam has prevented the cobble and dirt huts that are never returned to from being littered arond the place.

Some issues though. Getting to the coast is a bit of a task at the moment, walking is very tedious in minecraft, running is interupted at every bump. I did decide to live by a river than ran though back into the sea, turned out the river was full of terrible chokepoints, sea mines aka lily pads, and that notch had somehow made boats worse. So I think it would be a good idea to make local means of transport in well populated areas away from the coast, that either go to the coast or to the spawn. It'd be nice to have small rails just to get to the coastline, but I'm going to assume they're still out of the question.

The economy is quite confusing at the moment. It seems that it is only worth killing creepers for money, but is that the only source of income, or do we get a fixed rate? Currently I'm far off being able to res all of my home, and that is the same case as my friend on the server living opposite, so mobs spawn indoors quite a lot. Even when I manage to get the money, the residence would disappear should I take a break from smp, I'd have to make thousands a month. This is probably not a possible feature, but I think the poorer you are the more money you should earn from mobs, that would make the economy less top heavy, and spending money would be better than saving it up.

I think there needs to be a global price guide on the forum, so people have a rough idea of what things sell for. For instance I don't know whether an iron ingot sells for 500 or 50. Managed to get some netherbrick, probably worth a fair bit, no idea what to sell it for. Luckily I took a lot of iron, and an anvil for repairing armour, and a ton of food to the nether and probably killed about 100+ blazes during my stay there, yet I only got 2 blaze rods for all that used iron, food and effort. what's up with that? :( The journey to get to the nether is also insanely long for a place you can be killed so quickly in.

Finally I think ops+ need to be able to moderate bedlam, I know it's meant to be ruleless, but when it comes to stuff like camping, and other special cases, moderation shouldn't be hindered. Self restraint should be all that is needed to stop ops interferring too much in bedlam.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 03:45 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
and probably killed about 100+ blazes during my stay there, yet I only got 2 blaze rods for all that
This is due to the anti mob farming plugin. if a mob is killed within a certain distance of a spawner then it wont drop loot.
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Finally I think ops+ need to be able to moderate bedlam, I know it's meant to be ruleless, but when it comes to stuff like camping, and other special cases, moderation shouldn't be hindered. Self restraint should be all that is needed to stop ops interferring too much in bedlam.
I have stepped in on a few serious matters where there was like 3 people spawn camping this one guy. But it wasn't easy to do as they were full iron Armour with iron swords, and i had no Armour. and there was no easy way to get back after i had finished it. Mind you with the other OP+ people on i was able to be tp'd back to Homestead.
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
It'd be nice to have small rails just to get to the coastline, but I'm going to assume they're still out of the question.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
No
Perhaps there is another way we can get around this. Perhaps a smaller boat port at leos with boats going to 2 - 3 places in homestead so that there is a boat closer to where people live. Again this is all up to howard. But I think it is something that should be done. I made the walk to leos once. From my place in the north west of homestead it took 2 MC days. Almost dying and an ocean that i couldnt boat across due to the damn lillypads.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 04:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh right, I thought that might of been the case so I backed off from the spawner, but not far enough back I guess.

After some long tedious work I've cleared the tight banks, and lily pads and make some small burning towers to guide the journey. So there's like one functioning way from my house to the ocean, the yallahs river :lol: it's still a tedious journey.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 05:23 
Likes to type... (229)
I pretty much feel the same way about the server, thanks for sharing! However, I noticed that there are tweaks still being made to the server, so this is not the final config.
Hopefully the issues would be fixed eventually

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 09:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Glad you are liking it by and large. Thanks. :D

Local transport is always the rub. I thoroughly agree that walking everywhere is a total pain, especially in a supposedly safe environment like Homestead. Thing is I've given solutions to this in the past and I got shouted down about them (Babel) so I just don't know what you want.

Rails are still not a viable option thanks to the lag factor (a huge shame) so what are the alternatives?

- A localised transport hub using gates?
- A roadway system with markers?
- A combination of the two?
- A canal system?

Its up to you guys. talk it through and think what you want for your map. I am more than happy to put a team of people together to get an official transport network built for Homestead, whatever its design. Work through some ideas and we'll get something started.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 10:05 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
About prices: Going to get a list up of the prices at the NPC markets to make that more clear.

Regarding mobs: The anti-camp plugin is a bit screwy and not doing what I want. The reward on zombies and the like is low enough that I don't think it matters if people camp and if people want to stand and camp blazes, which are flatly quiet dangerous, then I think we should let them. I've turned of f the anti-camp and I'll look at manually tweaking the drops from all the mobs to spice things up a bit.

EDIT - I've also swapped around the base prices on the regular mobs too. I actually did this before when I upped the default reward on giants and creepers but it must not have saved. Most mobs are now worth killing. I have however lowered the night-time multiplier from 5 to 3.5 as it was a bit much.

ro 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 14:08 
Has learned to write! (185)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
About prices: Going to get a list up of the prices at the NPC markets to make that more clear.

Regarding mobs: The anti-camp plugin is a bit screwy and not doing what I want. The reward on zombies and the like is low enough that I don't think it matters if people camp and if people want to stand and camp blazes, which are flatly quiet dangerous, then I think we should let them. I've turned of f the anti-camp and I'll look at manually tweaking the drops from all the mobs to spice things up a bit.

EDIT - I've also swapped around the base prices on the regular mobs too. I actually did this before when I upped the default reward on giants and creepers but it must not have saved. Most mobs are now worth killing. I have however lowered the night-time multiplier from 5 to 3.5 as it was a bit much.
Well there still are way to many mobs , now another problem appeared , I got 1k dollars just from trying to avoid monsters and that was in 5 minutes of nightime running from them( 2 of them where spent in the ocean with no reach to monsters) and killing only what I could not pass. A player can easily make 4k a night , that's enough to buy 27 iron ignots or a diamond ,from the admin shop so 2 things can happen , players start making money , start buying residences start buying materials and so on , making the game pretty much worthless because they don't need to build anymore , they don't need to mine anymore so they start leaving because they get bored of the conditions they themselfes create or it could be the exact oposite thing , people start buying materials ,get more relaxed , start building more demanding builds (resource , time) bigger then their old ones because the greater income of resourcess and so on.

My opinion is that the money gained should be measured by somebody ( one night trying to kill monsters on a flat area no torches ) which would be the max and then the money income reglated so it wont make players able to buy 1 maison every hoer...

Those are my toughts ,not sure how well argumented they are since I just woke up , and I hope I helped by sharing them.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 17:22 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think local hubs that just take you to the coast would be the best thing, or they at least charge you for trips to the spawn, or cities. One proposal I'd like to make would be to lengthen the durability of gold tools, so while they wont rival diamond for ok speed, and long durability, they will be still viable to use. Perhaps as durable as stone or at least wood?
7Sins-Lust wrote:
Well there still are way to many mobs , now another problem appeared , I got 1k dollars just from trying to avoid monsters and that was in 5 minutes of nightime running from them( 2 of them where spent in the ocean with no reach to monsters) and killing only what I could not pass. A player can easily make 4k a night , that's enough to buy 27 iron ignots or a diamond ,from the admin shop so 2 things can happen , players start making money , start buying residences start buying materials and so on , making the game pretty much worthless because they don't need to build anymore , they don't need to mine anymore so they start leaving because they get bored of the conditions they themselfes create or it could be the exact oposite thing , people start buying materials ,get more relaxed , start building more demanding builds (resource , time) bigger then their old ones because the greater income of resourcess and so on.

My opinion is that the money gained should be measured by somebody ( one night trying to kill monsters on a flat area no torches ) which would be the max and then the money income reglated so it wont make players able to buy 1 maison every hoer...
2Fat, you go through mobs like I go through women, very quickly and with little or no compassion :lol: but yeah typically I make 1k a night the money is all from creepers, if you put that much time into killing mobs it might aswell be rewarded, because it is a little tedious. Plus it does cost food and armour hunting mobs. System has to work so hard workers don't become super rich, while casual players can still afford to use the markets and protect their homes. The main issue for me is, you save up to protect a large build, but then don't make that money again, the month after you'll lose it.

Oh and on subject of mob earnings, endermen don't give much money, and they're more difficult than creepers, and rarer too. The zombie pigmen drop rotten flesh and a gold nugget! Would like to see them drop a gold ingot, and some cooked pork. Though they do sometimes drop cooked meat anyway.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 18:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think local hubs that just take you to the coast would be the best thing, or they at least charge you for trips to the spawn, or cities. One proposal I'd like to make would be to lengthen the durability of gold tools, so while they wont rival diamond for ok speed, and long durability, they will be still viable to use. Perhaps as durable as stone or at least wood?
7Sins-Lust wrote:

2Fat, you go through mobs like I go through women, very quickly and with little or no compassion :lol: but yeah typically I make 1k a night the money is all from creepers, if you put that much time into killing mobs it might aswell be rewarded, because it is a little tedious. Plus it does cost food and armour hunting mobs. System has to work so hard workers don't become super rich, while casual players can still afford to use the markets and protect their homes. The main issue for me is, you save up to protect a large build, but then don't make that money again, the month after you'll lose it.

Oh and on subject of mob earnings, endermen don't give much money, and they're more difficult than creepers, and rarer too. The zombie pigmen drop rotten flesh and a gold nugget! Would like to see them drop a gold ingot, and some cooked pork. Though they do sometimes drop cooked meat anyway.
This (the part I highlighted) is the crux of the issue. I need as much feedback as possible on what needs changing as I cannot test this all myself.

Sure, people can earn serious cash through mob killing but that is how should be. The only issue comes when it is then too easy to become rich and, as 2fat says, afford everything you want.

Keep in mind that buying residence is only first step. You ahve to maintain rent on them as well so an easily accessible source of cash is a necessity.

pt 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 19:43 
Geek (697)
I'll say it again, change the obsidian prices!! Yesterday someone told me he was able to get 9 stacks of obsidian in 1 day, that's 45k. True there are risks but if you take the right precautions it's still easy money. Maybe making it 4k or 3.5k a stack would be more suitable.

I'm still wondering about the golden apples, they're 7.2k each but considering that gold isn't all that easy to find it might not need to be reduced, but it is highly more worth it to sell a golden apple than pure gold (1280 a stack of gold; 20 a piece; 20*9= 180 each block of gold; 180*8=1440, now compare the final result to the price of a golden apple, it's like a regualr apple is worth 4760 lol).

As for the transport issue. The top right corner of Homestead will soon (?) have an airship to Admin Valley (I don't know how fast it's going, but soon enough I'll be able to go help again!) so that's the furthest place away from Leo's already covered. Now there could be 2 more normal ships that lead to the bottom left and the top right. Just regualer ships that will lead you to land since it takes 2 days and 2~3 nights to cross the middle ocean..
And I think that should be enough, people would take less than half the time to travel compared to right now, but would still have to move quite a bit.

ro 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 20:57 
Has learned to write! (185)
JMPanty wrote:
I'll say it again, change the obsidian prices!! Yesterday someone told me he was able to get 9 stacks of obsidian in 1 day, that's 45k. True there are risks but if you take the right precautions it's still easy money. Maybe making it 4k or 3.5k a stack would be more suitable.

I'm still wondering about the golden apples, they're 7.2k each but considering that gold isn't all that easy to find it might not need to be reduced, but it is highly more worth it to sell a golden apple than pure gold (1280 a stack of gold; 20 a piece; 20*9= 180 each block of gold; 180*8=1440, now compare the final result to the price of a golden apple, it's like a regualr apple is worth 4760 lol).

As for the transport issue. The top right corner of Homestead will soon (?) have an airship to Admin Valley (I don't know how fast it's going, but soon enough I'll be able to go help again!) so that's the furthest place away from Leo's already covered. Now there could be 2 more normal ships that lead to the bottom left and the top right. Just regualer ships that will lead you to land since it takes 2 days and 2~3 nights to cross the middle ocean..
And I think that should be enough, people would take less than half the time to travel compared to right now, but would still have to move quite a bit.
You just reminded something , now when I didn't feel like making money (speding 2h for 14k) I came up with an idea , I have noted myself all the minimum sale prices at the admin shop and buyed every single piece of anything that was under the minimum price , afterwards I realized I just spend 3k dollars to get 16k , what I'm trying to say here is that 2 things have big prices , as JMPanty said 1 is obsidian , you get 5k dollars per stack , the second one is brick , you get 2500 per stack and you can find clay every 10-20 blocks in the sea , it's not that rare , now moving on I saw the gold apple price , 7.200 , well firstly nobody will buy it (that's the minimum price) due to the price , it's basicly stupid , you need 8 gold blocks for one , that is 72 gold blocks (20 dollars per block) which is basicly 1440$ to gain 7200$ if you find cheap gold , now it can be abused by x-rayers and or griefers , which may find this suitable and a good way to buy themselfes residences and not grief them practicly ruining a city. (that idea came up in like 30 seconds after the first one). In rest I consider the prices ok , redstone is a tad high , but nobody will be able to profit too much on it , aslo note for any ops in ishleron tachamp's shop sells redstone at 40 dollars per 32 pieces of redstone , that means 80$ for 320 for selling a stack at admin market. Now he does not have 1 piece of the darn thing in his shop because of me , but you get the idea.

Now JuncoPartner , you forgot one thing you get rotten meat , that's basicly all you need as food , I'm a particulary good player when it comes to fighting , especially when it comes to fighting mobs. Now you do need armour , but let's be honest about this , you can do just fine with iron armour untill your repair skills go to level 50 , then you can simply change to diamond and repair the armour as you go. You mine during the day , fight during the night , get a nice income.

Now besides that people can still 'abuse' the system , gain a large ammount of money in a day , but it's really hard and demanding , plus the pay off is minimum so we do not have to worry about that , it's actually better to hunt mobs during night time at 10% of the curent money you get for 1h then spend 2-4h to get money via that metod.

Now we firstly need a list of all the prices in the game (preferably minimum prices) to get an idea on how the economy might be abused using admin shops , after going trough that we have to make a rule in which we dissallow players actually making shops in the middle of their houses selling things cheam ( For example hwinwuzhere sells coal at a very low price , I bough all of the darn thing , but boy if they would sell it at a admin shop they will get some money , and it ain't just coal he's selling ) or even better , make them unable to sell items lower than the minimum in a admin shop , that means figuring a minimum for what's not on the list so they wont go arround some items that could basicly affect anything else.

I used the nsfw thingy because I could not find spoiler , nothing noughty in there it's only the minimum price for things in the admin shop (the minimum means the price you can sell).
Ok , that's what I found. Also I belive pistons should requier a op approval ( a zone where they can work ) because of the new glitches I continue to discover on my server , they can be exposed in the new videous of various team sooner or later , like the crash glitch that was exposed by TeamRevision about 2 weeks before the update came , it was total chaos on many servers that had or had not nocheat. I also discovered a new way to detect people that use hacked clients , which I will comunicate to Howard right away. (note it only works on nocheat servers). That's about it.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 23:02 
Likes to type... (229)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Glad you are liking it by and large. Thanks. :D

Local transport is always the rub. I thoroughly agree that walking everywhere is a total pain, especially in a supposedly safe environment like Homestead. Thing is I've given solutions to this in the past and I got shouted down about them (Babel) so I just don't know what you want.

Rails are still not a viable option thanks to the lag factor (a huge shame) so what are the alternatives?

- A localised transport hub using gates?
- A roadway system with markers?
- A combination of the two?
- A canal system?

Its up to you guys. talk it through and think what you want for your map. I am more than happy to put a team of people together to get an official transport network built for Homestead, whatever its design. Work through some ideas and we'll get something started.

Localised transports with gates would be best...sorta like Bedlam but more inland and not on the edge of the world. Boats and minecarts are a laggy pain to deal with, and a lot of effort to set up

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 00:06 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OK, I'm not saying no, but with having transport hubs you make new problems. The gates become focal points for building: people just step out of the gate and start making a cobble box. It leads top arguments, griefing and disputes.

Needs more thought putting into it than just making some gates.

cz 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 11:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
The hub could have a big res like babel did so you can't build near it

pt 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 21:17 
Geek (697)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
OK, I'm not saying no, but with having transport hubs you make new problems. The gates become focal points for building: people just step out of the gate and start making a cobble box. It leads top arguments, griefing and disputes.

Needs more thought putting into it than just making some gates.
Place a sign saying that it's forbidden to build close to it by an X amount of blocks? (and res that X area around it?)
It could even have more info next to it regarding markets (advising players to use the current markets and not just make their own shops in their houses) for example.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 22:09 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah I see the issue with local hubs hmm

I was thinking though, perhaps buying a house in a city would allow you to have a gate going to your home, or you'll be allowed to warp there. If the /warp has cooldown like /home you could go to your city house do what you need to do, then return home but still have to wait for the cooldown to finish to do it again.

Another would be to give warping and teleporting a heavy fee to pay, and that would probably encourage people to spend a lot.

pt 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 05:23 
Geek (697)
Just wanted to say that the new selling value for obsidian is a *bit* too low..it's almost like selling melons. Making it 2000 or 1500 would be more reasonable imo.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 20:32 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Yeah I see the issue with local hubs hmm

I was thinking though, perhaps buying a house in a city would allow you to have a gate going to your home, or you'll be allowed to warp there. If the /warp has cooldown like /home you could go to your city house do what you need to do, then return home but still have to wait for the cooldown to finish to do it again.

Another would be to give warping and teleporting a heavy fee to pay, and that would probably encourage people to spend a lot.
Interesting thought. One of the plugins I had planned for this server (but got canned when all hell broke loose with the lag) was Vouchers. This lets you use in-game money to buy vouchers. Vouchers can be tied to any in-game command so they could teleport you, heal you, make you god a for a short period - all kinds of stuff. I was initially thinking that these would be a good Contributor bonus but that could be expanded. The contributors could just get them cheap/free.

Thoughts?

pt 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 01:11 
Geek (697)
That would be kinda broken, unless you only use it for transport. PvP would be highly unbalanced with heal, temp god, etc.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 02:25 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
JMPanty wrote:
That would be kinda broken, unless you only use it for transport. PvP would be highly unbalanced with heal, temp god, etc.
Temp god is actually not possible (I checked) but heal is not that OP. It takes time to "use" these vouchers so they are bugger all use in PVP

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 05:21 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Sounds good to me.

pt 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 19:28 
Geek (697)
Yes, as long it won't unbalance the pvp part of the game I won't "whine" about it lol

se 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 20:18 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
My 2 cents on the transport issue:
I was one of the people against babel. It was simply too easy to move around, and boomed would ever venture into unprotected zones.
In my opinion we should make a road network that connects major settlements. Have them well lit and ressed (only the actual roads not any surrounding area) keep pvp on.

A few ops with world edit would be able to quickly make these roads.

Players could then place their homes near these roads.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

au 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 00:41 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Roads need to follow the landscape. one way is dropping gravel. but otherwise its a pain in the ass

au 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 01:13 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
I like the sound of those vouchers. yesterday, it took me two hours to get to the nether portal. And I died when I got swarmed by blazes.

Two hours. Wasted. I lost my armour to the hundreds of creepers I encountered on the way. I would've been happy to spend anywhere from 500 to 1500 dollars just for the teleport to get there.

The journey from Junco's place along the yallah river was shitty enough, those godfucked lillypads made my journey to spawn 10x slower. And it took me five minutes in the dish just to find the ladder. Then I had to run through bedlam, getting raped along the way, to hop into the nether portal area and die to various pigmen and blazes before even getting there.

Twas very, very irritating. Getting to spawn shouldn't be an hour-long trip.

And is it just me, or do boats take years to turn and have craptacular handling?

I suggest we permanently remove lilypads.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 03:38 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Best way to turn a boat is slow it down, use A and D while looking where you want to turn. If you follow the right path the Yallahs river is pretty good, I don't hit any lilys, but feel free to take out any you see on the river. Though I must agree with removing all lilypads, may aswell just make them a /kit instead.

My issue with roads is that they don't offer much, especially when there's dynmap, a road would have been good at the start so people would have lived by it, but then people like nice large private spots, and but still want easy transport. Problem mainly is that you're still walking.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 03:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think we need an incentive to PvP eachother, no one really enjoys being killed unprepared, nor do some have the nerve to hunt someone down without them knowing. If walked over to one of my neighbors and started killing them, and making off with their loot, you can imagine feelings would be a little sour. Betrayal of trust, when you welcome someone to your home, and then they pounce on you. I think the money drops are a good move, but there needs to be a way to make oppertunities to PvP more frequent, without making players feel uneasy, and distrusting around eachother.

So I suggest an arena that players can warp to, for a big bloody fight. Now this place would remain empty if open at all times, so I suggest periodic brawls every hour or twice a day for everyone to warp to. I think ops should be responsible for these brawls, no point doing it too often or when it's too quiet, so it will need some human judgement.

The arena would have no exit, so you'd purely go there for these fights. Spawning in a non-pvp room with paths leading to the arena itself, a seperate starting gate for each player. My only concern though this is poor arena design, everytime I have seen an arena built, from huge to small, they never offer much more than players just running at eachother and tappping m1. I think this one should have it's layout designed carefully. This would be a chance for people to put their enchanted swords, and potions to use for a potential prize, but hopfully if designed properly the winner will be the most cunning, not nessesarily the richest.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 05:33 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
This idea sounds great. I would be happy to work on arena mechanics for it and building and what not.
I think rather than warping ops can TP anyone who wants to watch or battle.

There should be some parties set up. i.e Red,Blue,Green,Yellow and Arena where the colors are 4 teams and arena is for anyone watching.

Perhaps maybe even a plugin that handles it all??
does the team chat and the arena party can see team chat but the teams cant see arena chat.
the warp type things that will only be accessible by an admin typing a command to start an event.
Another option is an event starting only when enough people type a command saying they want to battle, this avoids warp abuse.
This would then also make an option where after the battle all the players could be teleported back to where they were.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 14:02 
Doesn't get out much (376)
well there was this one time I... built a giant arena.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 16:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Frimple's arena is not in and being finalised.

I am far from certain I like the idea of people being able to teleport to the arena - the only way I'd allow it is if the plugin returned you to where you came from so it cannot be used as cheap transport.

Having an arena plugin or event sounds great, but the server has, at maximum, 11 players on it these days as most people have upgraded to 1.1 and whether they like it or not, it will be a LONG time before we update.

There would also need to be a reward for the arena fights but again, one that cannot be abused.

This still needs a lot more thought...