Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:19

All times are UTC+02:00

Should we get the Factions plugin for SMP?
Yes 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 25
gb 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:02 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I wanted to gauge people's reaction to the possibility of us using the Factions plugin. This DOES NOT mean that we ARE getting it, I am just considering it.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:30 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
personally i think it would just divide people even more than it is at the moment, so i would say no at this point

tr 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:01 
Has learned to write! (211)
I say yes. Why? Because rich people can finally use their resources to earn more resources while protecting not very rich people.

<Mono> <PTB3> badrandsteve: ima go in smp for 8 mins then rage quit love u all
<Mono> * PTB1 * badrandsteve connected.

au 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 08:49 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
ells551 wrote:
personally i think it would just divide people even more than it is at the moment, so i would say no at this point
Agreed,

I've seen good servers turn into horrible 'trolling-Spawnkilling' ones just from this plugin. Do not get it. It will only turn players on players and friends on friends. It's a nice idea but I strongly disagree with the idea of adding it.

Also, we don't particularly need it. We already have the residence plugin which works just fine and does it's job of protecting players homes.

ALSO, (important part)

It will completely destroy the idea of 'theme builds'. Unless we can run the 'residence' plugin along side with the 'factions' plugin, simutainusly, it won't work, you'll have res'd land here and 'claimed' land there. It'll look ugly.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 14:52 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
It could be exclusive to bedlam, giving bedlam more purpose and some means of protection, and guests do come on asking for it.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 16:05 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I think people are misunderstanding what this plugin does. It won't replace or break residence but will work along side it.
It will allow people to form groups and work together to gain power on the map. The claimed land is easily destroyed simply by killing members of a given group.
I'm not saying its a good idea, just that its an idea. Looks like people don't want it anyway.

us 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 16:25 
Doesn't get out much (374)
I say No because in the past when i have played on a faction server Usually EVERY single person that seems to exist makes there own faction which then, leaves a faction with only one person in them. This is kinda How people like to build there own citites but then it seems to be only them livign in them.

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 16:46 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Halexboom88 wrote:
I say No because in the past when i have played on a faction server Usually EVERY single person that seems to exist makes there own faction which then, leaves a faction with only one person in them. This is kinda How people like to build there own citites but then it seems to be only them livign in them.
Gotta admit, this is my main concern, but it can be easily limited by a) only letting certain ranks MAKE a faction and b) charging to set them up (and I mean really charging)

Just more thoughts...