Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:00

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
gb 
 Post subject: The OLD Vote discussions
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 20:57 
Doesn't get out much (376)
Option 3a's the one for me.

I understand that a lot of people have but time and effort into their builds, I'd I would be willing to hear petitions for builds to be moved over and would give people time to move items over, but I also don't see the point in having 10 people building magnificent stuff in an empty server.

We need our new guests to be immediately integrated into our server community and shown how to play, what they can achieve, and why we're the server to do it on. And that's not happening under the current system of isolating them in another map.

I am in favour of keeping the guest spawn away from the market and transport hub that most people would use day to day, just to keep the worst griefers at bay, and to keep repairs at the spawn location as easy as possible, but we do very much need to balance our desire to reduce grief without desire to keep a healthy player base.

Last edited by [SpA]Frimple on 13 Jun 2012, 10:43, edited 3 times in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 21:10 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Choice 3a for me personally

although i havnt been on the server in a while (computer issues having to get a new hard drive put in dew to hard drive failure -_-) i think option 3 is the best, it seems much like the old old map, which i diddnt have a problem with really, we were getting guests join and they were sticking around, even people who just ran off at the start and diddnt bother reading any rules, even they sticked around so really my saying is dont fix what isnt broken, although the old old map needed some tweaks this option seems to iron out the tweaks and is the best for guests joining (so people can meet and greet them or whatever) although we all seem to agree on advertising ect ect, i think this option will keep the new players around and still keep the old players around as we have seen old players leave dew to not liking the map or how it was set, so even though we are thinking about new people joining we also have to think about the players that are still here as if they go then we just wont have anyone to meet the new players that are joining.

So in conclusion option 3a :mrgreen:

Last edited by ells551 on 13 Jun 2012, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 21:52 
Crap at posting (42)
Question with option 3 there will only be one world map?

im going with option 2

Like frimple suggested there should be a place to showcase past server builds , id be willing to help edit them so that they look natural when placed on the server, im also really getting into the adventure themed build ive started up there - could edit all chests empty in that whole world if the economy part is an issue.

Then turn bedlam into option 3

us 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 21:59 
Crap at posting (40)
I like choice 1B. Bedlam and Homestead needs to stay but they both can be improved. When I was in Bedlam, I had the WORST time there. I had thought about quitting the server at one time, then I never would have gotten to know all the awesome people that are here! I like the implication of adding extra portals and warps to builds for an easier time of getting around. I hate having to go to Bedlam through Leo's Castle and then spawn city.... only to die and have to make the journey again hoping that i won't lose my stuff. There are a lot of good people in bedlam that i would like to build with, but the journey is too great. I would also like for the Non-registered people to be able to res at least 1 build, and have the R+ be able to res more. So your house is somewhat protected from griefers, everything else is fair game.
I would hate to see all the builds that we have spent so much time on wiped clean with a new map, or not having a Homestead. Thank you for your consideration. Vote 1B :D

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 22:15 
Pretty useless (94)
Would Choice 4 be an unlimited map size? i.e. no world border

[21:00] <[Patogy]> *bends over jammy*

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 22:47 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
Would Choice 4 be an unlimited map size? i.e. no world border
No it would still be limited but as it would be single map it could be larger, maybe 5k x 5k?

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 00:50 
Pretty useless (78)
With choice 3 would we get to have our builds copied over to the next map? I would be ok with it as long as we get our builds copied over because I spent hours and hours and hours building my town and it would SUCK if I spent all that time and effort building and gathering materials just so it would be erased.

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 01:40 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
adog114 wrote:
With choice 3 would we get to have our builds copied over to the next map? I would be ok with it as long as we get our builds copied over because I spent hours and hours and hours building my town and it would SUCK if I spent all that time and effort building and gathering materials just so it would be erased.

Most likely not. Unless the admin team feel like taking this on it is a new map for all situation.

ca 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 02:40 
Doesn't get out much (374)
Are we able to do something like choice 3, but keep the current map and add the equivalent to The Tower of Babel? I Personally Like the map that we have, except for the fact that I cannot find any items (ie Ores Etc), Plus I have alot already And I dont really want to go through the process of finding them all again, plus im sure everyone else doesnt want to aswell? And if we did creat a Whole new map, I would like my house to be copied over, I spent alot of time on it, But if not I can always remake it ^-^

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 02:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Halexboom88 wrote:
Are we able to do something like choice 3, but keep the current map and add the equivalent to The Tower of Babel? I Personally Like the map that we have, except for the fact that I cannot find any items (ie Ores Etc), Plus I have alot already And I dont really want to go through the process of finding them all again, plus im sure everyone else doesnt want to aswell? And if we did creat a Whole new map, I would like my house to be copied over, I spent alot of time on it, But if not I can always remake it ^-^

We can implement whatever the hell is the most popular answer, even if its not one of the above. :mrgreen: Make your case, get someone to second it and I'll add it to the poll. People can always change their vote.

The only thing I will not guarantee is the copying of builds. I am not signing up for this like I have in the past but if you can convince the admin team to do it them I am sure we can come to an arrangement.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 03:23 
Geek (839)
I voted for choice three, but thinking we would keep our map now, just change spawn. I also have spent many hours working on houses/items/etc.. A loss of all would be just... Horrible. :cry:

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 03:48 
Pretty useless (78)
I just had an ok idea... What if we just kept the old homestead map and just added another map to homestead? It would make perfect sense if you ask me. I'm sure no one wants to loss all there builds and items of all the time and effort they put towards them. It would work out perfectly, If you look at the docks of the homestead part there is one spot for a ship left! We could simply call this new map "New Homestead" and It could have all the new things added in the recent updates like jungles temples and etc! No one would whine about their builds or things gone (I would most likely :| ) and no one would whine about why there's not a new map! Im sure it would work out perfectly It would keep the same idea of the map as of now and work out. I do not like the idea of sharing a map with guest since most of them arent the smartest people in the world and bug the hell out of everyone. Also it would save the admin crew time if we do this, than if they decided to copy builds into the new map. We should have a /spawn for easier transportation. And if possible a lower /home cool down. Well please consider this as one of the choices. This is probally the longest and most thought out thing I've ever written on the forums. Well bye! :18

Last edited by adog114 on 13 Jun 2012, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 03:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
adog114 wrote:
I just had an ok idea... What if we just kept the old homestead map and just added another map to homestead? It would make perfect sense if you ask me. I'm sure no one wants to loss all there builds and items of all the time and effort they put towards them. It would work out perfectly, If you look at the docks of the homestead part there is one spot for a ship left! We could simply call this new map "New Homestead" and It could have all the new things added in the recent updates like jungles temples and etc! No one would whine about their builds or things gone (I would most likely :| ) and no one would whine about why there's not a new map! Im sure it would work out perfectly It would keep the same idea of the map as of now and work out. I do not like the idea of sharing a map with guest since most of them arent the smartest people in the world and bug the hell out of everyone. Well please consider this as one of the choices. This is probally the longest and most thought out thing I've ever written on the forums. Well bye! :18

So you want ANOTHER map? :? No, the server cannot cope with this.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 03:56 
Pretty useless (78)
:L
:D I made you post you <2012> Post :3

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 04:48 
Pretty useless (78)
The problem with the option 3 is that we have to share a map with guests! Most of them are derps and griefers.... Why would you want this? Even though it would be nice to get a new map and all, why? You build something it would be griefed the next day!!! There would be no point in anyone registering. No point of even being there.... This will quickly back-fire if you ask me.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 06:09 
Crap at posting (34)
Option 3A sounds like the best to me, but what would be done with the nether? Would it be possible to have it so people can make their own portal and go to the nether, or will there be portals in certain locations, that everyone has to use?
Quote:
The problem with the option 3 is that we have to share a map with guests! Most of them are derps and griefers.... Why would you want this? Even though it would be nice to get a new map and all, why? You build something it would be griefed the next day!!! There would be no point in anyone registering. No point of even being there.... This will quickly back-fire if you ask me.
I think it's not a good idea to separate guests from everyone else. There are less derps and griefers than you think. They would feel more welcome in the server if they got to play with everyone else instead of being isolated. Plus, forcing guests onto a map with no rules was a bad idea. I hated being stuck in bedlam, and I'm sure many others did as well.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 06:19 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Oh yeah, 3A. If this comes to be, I might come back to SMP (read "take the time to fix the goddamn memory problem with Java").
Now if we just could remove PvP and go classic...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

Last edited by [SpA]Dolf on 13 Jun 2012, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

ca 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 06:24 
Geek (776)
Voltblades wrote:
I think it's not a good idea to separate guests from everyone else. There are less derps and griefers than you think. They would feel more welcome in the server if they got to play with everyone else instead of being isolated. Plus, forcing guests onto a map with no rules was a bad idea. I hated being stuck in bedlam, and I'm sure many others did as well.
That's the way I feel. The thing I like about main is everyone can build on it (though we try to reserve more room for guests). The idea of everyone being able to all be next to each other builders, members, and guests alike really adds a greater sense of connection. I have a feeling this would apply to smp, also. I refrained from voting though, due to lack of general knowledge and experience for these matters.

au 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 10:10 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
I pick the alternative option 5! :ugly:

Basically, this is just my opinion combined with several of the already stated solutions.

So firstly, my overall opinion
Now, onto the alternative option 5:
I think I covered everything here, I encourage alot of you to discuss this idea as its very complex and covers more issues then the other 6 choices. I also encourage the creation of a alternative option 5B or whatever.

But to be honest, as long as theme builds are kept, I'm happy with what ever benefits the community the most...

Last edited by _BlueFlame_ on 13 Jun 2012, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 12:22 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
I pick the alternative option 5! :ugly:
'Bout time someone did :wink:

As to your suggestions: well as I say, I wont be deciding how this new map works but let me throw some facts against your ideas:
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
New World - 8000 blocks x 8000 blocks (Extra size needed when combining bedlam and homestead together)(World size arguable)
Why is the extra size needed? The old map (that had Iron City) was under 4000 x 4000 and by the time it was removed was less than 25% full. An 8k square map will lag like a motherfucker and mean you need an even bigger transport system.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
New Spawn - 1/3 of the current size, theme discussable
The entire idea of New Spawn was to give players an impressive entrance. Old Spawn Town and Iron City looked, with the best will in the world, like utter shit. They gave the impression that we simply had no building talent and no clue what we are doing.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Removal of registered rank - To provide less confusion
The entire point of Registered rank was to a) make people give a damn and get them on our forums and b) root out the idiots. If you cannot even work out how to register on a website then why would we want you here. You see it is a barrier but it is just a filter and one that has dramatically - dramatically - increased traffic to our site.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Theme Builds kept on display in another world - World size discussable
Why? Who would see them? And if people are working on them in another world you still run the chance of no players being in teh main world to play with the guests.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Keeping the nether - but shrinking its size by up to 50%, and resetting the world (discussable)
You want to DOUBLE the out-world map and HALF the Nether map? Think you need to go get a calculator and get back to me...
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Socializing more with guests - (Keeping guests and regulars in the same world)
I agree thoroughly.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Restrictions on guests - Same as before not allowed to use residence or LWC (discussable)
Then you will alienate Guests even faster as they will be griefed by players too.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Plugins - Keeping the most part of the plugins the same, but removing the 'AcceptRules' Plugin (Very discussable)
The only plugin that absolutely works and does its job? Ok, but what will you do when people break the rules while no OPs are on then claim they did not know the rules when confronted? It is the only way to force players to read the rules.
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Rules - Same as before but; there'll now be rules between guests and members, members cannot steal or grief guests (unlike before), but guests can do what ever the hell they want with one another (discussable)[/hidden]
And you would enforce this how? Like we had on the old map that never worked and meant that the OPs were constantly being badgered to use Logblock (which is now dead and has not been replaced) to rollback damage to their build.

The whole point of the current server was to give everyone something they wanted and to remove the need for OPs to have to waste all their time dealing with grief. The removal of grief and the ability to do many things were what I was requested to add constantly. Now they are here, no one wants them. I think that is the most important lesson t be taken from this server.

au 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 13:48 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Yeah good points there, tbh I didn't really realize how big the original world was.. I was just estimating, this's just what I'd like in a server. And as I 'attempted' to point out, my points are flexible and discussable, just because I write a few things down, doesn't mean that is what we're doing for sure.

I made a few 'adjustments' to it, might wanna check it out, again.

Now discuss...!

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 16:02 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
And as I 'attempted' to point out, my points are flexible and discussable, just because I write a few things down, doesn't mean that is what we're doing for sure.
Don't get paranoid. Some things that people will suggest will be impossible or misguided - its still good they suggest. All ideas welcome, even if I have to shoot them down straight away :lol: :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 17:04 
Has learned to write! (209)
I like Blue's ideas but with a few ideas of my own :)

1) A Whole New World *insert Aladdin song here* I think a world size similar to the one we have will be fine but should have more land area, although there is a lot of land there is a lot of ocean, and because it is central it seems as if the land is all pushed a side. More land because it's a bitch to make good looking islands :P If you're anything like me; you don't like to be near big builds or lots of other people's builds to form a 'town'. I like my space and like to share the area with a few but not an area where everyone and their dog's coming to MY area. Antisocial yes, un-reasonable, no. I often build my stuff and then move once the area becomes crowded, almost nomadic. So land where i don't have to build an island to get enough elbow space.

2) Spawn, when i first joined SMP I was put in a very dark town that was hard to navigate, i ended up looking on the forums and asking others about the rules, even then i was unsure about every one of my actions,
Iron City was good, it had all the rules laid out along with any additional information i would need. But after the removal of the north and south portals i found it hard to find my way out of the city.
Our current spawn is very nice and fun to explore, i've found lots of areas that i'm unsure if others have been to before me (this is what i like about SMP, Discovering things). The only problem i find isthat for reasons that are beyond me; guests (granted not all) struggle to find the portals.
I think it'd be nice to have a spawn city where the spawn has basic information (not rules, see 7) on signs they spawn facing. The spawn wouldn't be in the centre but rather just before the entrance/exit, this way people can explore the city, or can go out and get straight to however they may like to play.

3)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
The entire point of Registered rank was to a) make people give a damn and get them on our forums and b) root out the idiots.
I have certainly noticed the influx of Imbeciles People who are new/don't have a clue when it comes to forums. These people who have asked for registered usually get it, and then never interact with the forums again. The registered rank is a great idea, but when we share a map with them what are they registering for, other than the rank?

4)Theme builds; Maybe copy and scatter them over the map. Accidently stumbling across stuff and discovering things are part of the fun. At the moment they are all to one side. There isn't really anything to find.
Make more things to discover, maybe puzzles and rewards. or just a temple with a story with signs or whatever.

5) The Nether is good, i like that it can be hard to get there, keep it the same. It makes it fun and more valuable. :)

6) Players and rules.
Everyone should be allowed LWC, but it should cost. I don't know how configurable it is but if possible maybe chests more than doors or vice versa?
People should be allowed to raid houses but can't grief to get in (or maybe raids allowed and no sympathy for those that don't protect their own builds)
Attacking people should be allowed (non spam). Warn guests before, maybe have completely no PvP areas, possibly temples(?) so that we run with a theme?
Any others you think need addressing I'd be happy to force my opinion on you. ;)

7) The acceptrules plugin is clear for me. You've accepted the rules, break one and you can be banned, simple. It's clear if i haven't read the rules and i get banned it's not an excuse, I've accepted them. Have this at the beginning rather than having the rules at spawn as people can run past them.

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

ee 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 17:18 
Pretty useless (68)
Our problem now is that many players have lost interest, A new map would give every player interest to build a new house and explore the new things. Improving the transportation would make it easier to explore the already made world. I vote for a new map but we must keep the players interested with new things every month or so. We could also start having competitions in frimps arena this would keep people interested and just be fun :lol:
Bottom Line: We need to keep the players interested

[10:36] <+Mack_> Howie I cant die D:
[10:36] <@Howard_s> challenge accepted...
macktastic360 was slain by SpA_Howard

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 17:39 
The one and only (619)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Choice 3A:
A whole new world. A new map with a central Spawn City (not the current one as apparently no one likes it), players markets, protected road network and a limited portaling system. This will be far more like that map that had Iron City on it.
I couldn't help it!

I chose the true survival option over the Iron City because I just prefer to play how Minecraft was intended.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 17:48 
Has learned to write! (209)
Jam ezzz wrote:
*insert Aladdin song here*
Oh, you actually did, :P

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 17:54 
Geek (839)
Ok. So I voted for choice 3A, but I was wondering if there could be an add-on to that. Many people have shitloads of stuff they don't plan on losing, so I was wondering if we could bring back a world that is a storage building? I remember back in the Beta days, we had a portal leading to that storage, so what if we bring it back? This way people can keep their stuff, yet still have a new world. Idea. ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 18:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
mack360 wrote:
Our problem now is that many players have lost interest, A new map would give every player interest to build a new house and explore the new things. Improving the transportation would make it easier to explore the already made world. I vote for a new map but we must keep the players interested with new things every month or so. We could also start having competitions in frimps arena this would keep people interested and just be fun :lol:
Bottom Line: We need to keep the players interested
And this is exactly why, if my vote were being counted, I would not vote fora new map. Sure, everyone will come back for a visit, see its a new map, and for about a week there will be a flurry of building.
Then they will get bored again and leave.

You can argue that having a new map plus adding lots of new things will keep their interest but I think everyone is kidding themselves. One of the main things I wanted to see in SMP when I took over here was the growth of our server. I wanted to look back in a years time and so how the cities had grown, how the transport networks had evolved through them and how the markets had sprung up. I wanted to see the effect the players would have over time here, their mark being left - for good and bad - wherever they went. I wanted organic builds that got added to, changed and evolved. I wanted our own, hand-crafted SimCity, built block by block, each build adding to what came before. I wanted us to have a map that told a story, from our shaky start to our triumphant accomplishment. :4

But what we will have is another blank canvas and no way to distinguish ourselves from any other server bar gimmicky plugins and organised death-match. :-14

Just my 2 cents...

be 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 21:51 
Crap at posting (46)
I chose for 3a because i liked the map with Babel and Iron city. the only thing i tought was wrong with that map was that there were to much Portals and some of them led nowhere. My suggestion is that you would have to apply if you want a portal and there would be some conditions :
- portal area has to be zoned
- it can't be 1 portal/player else there would be to much of them
- you would have to pay a certain amount of money ( could be ingame or a donation, no idea) ?

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 22:04 
Crap at posting (36)
i have an idea that would integrate a lot of peoples ideas, so instead of having bedlam we would have a completely new map and it would be just like hub right now so both of the worlds would be the exact same as hub, so that way we could keep our existing builds and get a new map thus satisfying the needs of 3a and 2+1. and to get from each map we would have a system like the tower of babel to get from each world. plus we all would keep our items. any questions? cuz i am not so sure if i explained it that straitforward

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next