[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
The OLD Vote discussions - Page 2 - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:43

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 23:59 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
gardoure wrote:
i have an idea that would integrate a lot of peoples ideas, so instead of having bedlam we would have a completely new map and it would be just like hub right now so both of the worlds would be the exact same as hub, so that way we could keep our existing builds and get a new map thus satisfying the needs of 3a and 2+1. and to get from each map we would have a system like the tower of babel to get from each world. plus we all would keep our items. any questions? cuz i am not so sure if i explained it that straitforward

That made... little sense. If you mean you want another map on top of what we have then no - we cannot have more maps.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 00:50 
Crap at posting (36)
im saying replace bedlam with a second hub

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 00:54 
Has learned to write! (152)
Ok 2 things here...

1.) it more of a question about 3a...when u say protected road network what do you mean?...like are all builds going to have to be connected to a road? please clarify on what you mean by protected road network

2.) i voted for 1b here because i like how things are now but yeah we do need portals to more place's...like Jam_ezzz's market area, or any market area in general...plus the commands do need re worked a bit too

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 01:07 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Choice 3A is for me

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 01:09 
Crap at posting (36)
let me rewrite this, keep hub the same way it is, then completely delete bedlam. create a new map from the new update, and then copy the mods placed on the original hub and thus creating hub #2. to make it easier for people who build in both worlds i would suggest something like the tower of babel from a previous map.

advantages
*people get to keep there big builds in hub
*guests will be able to build in all worlds thus eliminating the confusion of new people coming to the server
*we will have access to the new items that will spawn naturally in the new update
*guests will have a better time on the server

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 01:30 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
adog114 wrote:
The problem with the option 3 is that we have to share a map with guests! Most of them are derps and griefers.... Why would you want this? Even though it would be nice to get a new map and all, why? You build something it would be griefed the next day!!! There would be no point in anyone registering. No point of even being there.... This will quickly back-fire if you ask me.
Thats why you proctect your builds

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 01:42 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
Ok 2 things here...

1.) it more of a question about 3a...when u say protected road network what do you mean?...like are all builds going to have to be connected to a road? please clarify on what you mean by protected road network
Wasn't my idea but I think the general thought was to have a sort of "main highway" system that could be used to navigate the map. people can then extend the road off and make their own settlement. With a good set up of sign posts it would be a way for people to navigate.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 02:20 
Doesn't get out much (376)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
tigerdragon180 wrote:
Ok 2 things here...

Wasn't my idea but I think the general thought was to have a sort of "main highway" system that could be used to navigate the map. people can then extend the road off and make their own settlement. With a good set up of sign posts it would be a way for people to navigate.
If this refers to my road suggestion I would limit the Frimple Highway System to near spawn, just to keep the area of landscape that guests will be destroying clearly delineated and easy to repair, if people want to take it further than that that's up to them.

Also: Jam's market has a portal now e'rybody! Find it 'twixt the thunder island boat and the airship. {Disclaimer it is not actually " 'twixt" the boats, more "to the side" but that contained no apostrophe}

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 02:29 
Crap at posting (36)
so what do u think of my idea? :?

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 02:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
gardoure wrote:
so what do u think of my idea? :?
We're not here to review your ideas, Gardoure. If you want to push your ideas, present it as well as you can and get others to discuss it.

That said, I don't see the point. 2 Hubs? What?

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 02:35 
Crap at posting (36)
the point is to get the new stuff out of the update and to keep our original builds

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 03:43 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
gardoure wrote:
the point is to get the new stuff out of the update and to keep our original builds
But that makes no sense. Having 2 Hubs is utterly pointless - 2 maps that do the exact same thing. If there are to be multiple maps, the maps need top server different purposes.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 05:11 
Pretty useless (78)
The problem for me is 3a is no different than just being put in bedlam, sure there would be protections as I hope there will. The BIGGEST reason why guest quit is because they've A. Been griefed multiple times B. Raided multiple times C. Killed or died multiple times. Sure the greifing and the raiding will go but what about the part of Killed Multiple times? I'm sure one the of the reason we have separate map is because: usually the people with ranks have more items and such with them than someone who just started the server. What do you think people will do if they have more items than a weak newbie....? I'm sure they wont quit after one kill but what about after another and another, etc.? Would you stay on a server that you have NO chance on? I know that MOST of the people on here would not kill a newbie including me but what the other people who do kill the newbies? I'm positive it wont be AS bad as bedlam but it would still not help.

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 06:00 
Crap at posting (40)
Ok i guess i would be cool with a new map.... But could we make it so there are like some annual events and stuff? The last map in 1.7.3. I was alone for the entire 2 months i was on. I would like to have some tournements or another arena at least. Something so i dont sit in a corner and rot like before. I dont know... I guess i'm just scared of losing what i hold so dearly... That sounds SO stupid. Oh well ^^

au 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 08:45 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
What ever we do, can we please keep the theme builds? Or at-least the ones being currently worked on? My team and I would be so pissed if the months and months of work we put into AquaCity was wasted...

Just putting that out there..

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 09:51 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
adog114 wrote:
The problem for me is 3a is no different than just being put in bedlam, sure there would be protections as I hope there will. The BIGGEST reason why guest quit is because they've A. Been griefed multiple times B. Raided multiple times C. Killed or died multiple times. Sure the greifing and the raiding will go but what about the part of Killed Multiple times? I'm sure one the of the reason we have separate map is because: usually the people with ranks have more items and such with them than someone who just started the server. What do you think people will do if they have more items than a weak newbie....? I'm sure they wont quit after one kill but what about after another and another, etc.? Would you stay on a server that you have NO chance on? I know that MOST of the people on here would not kill a newbie including me but what the other people who do kill the newbies? I'm positive it wont be AS bad as bedlam but it would still not help.
3a is closest to the original map which i joined in, you probably wernt around then but it was a good map where personally i saw nothing wrong with it (apart from portals from build to build) but when players got killed multiple times admins usualy saw to it that the person got what was coming to them so it all works out pretty much.

Last edited by ells551 on 14 Jun 2012, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

au 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 09:52 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
stesser wrote:
Ok i guess i would be cool with a new map.... But could we make it so there are like some annual events and stuff? The last map in 1.7.3. I was alone for the entire 2 months i was on. I would like to have some tournements or another arena at least. Something so i dont sit in a corner and rot like before. I dont know... I guess i'm just scared of losing what i hold so dearly... That sounds SO stupid. Oh well ^^
So kinda like the bomberman mod then where you can play games of bomberman ??

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 10:02 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
gardoure wrote:
But that makes no sense. Having 2 Hubs is utterly pointless - 2 maps that do the exact same thing. If there are to be multiple maps, the maps need top server different purposes.
what i guess gardoure is trying to say is have 1 map which is homstead right now so it keeps all the builds ect ect but then have a new map as well so like bedlem but pretty much a clean version of homstead, again i have the same problem with howard saying whats the point it would mean polayers will get divided and the clean version of homstead will just get all guests in while all the older players will keep in homstead.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 13:23 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
What ever we do, can we please keep the theme builds? Or at-least the ones being currently worked on? My team and I would be so pissed if the months and months of work we put into AquaCity was wasted...

Theme Zones are only included in the top options. You want an option that includes them that isn't listed then make a proposal, get it seconded and I'll add it to the list. If 3A happens everything - everything - we currently have is gone.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 13:36 
Pretty useless (94)
Not sure if this has already been asked, but will there be a storage for any of these options? Will any chests be brought across?

[21:00] <[Patogy]> *bends over jammy*

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 14:27 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
Not sure if this has already been asked, but will there be a storage for any of these options? Will any chests be brought across?

Depends on the option. For 3A, as I've said, as far as I am concerned its a new server. You wont even keep your money.

au 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 14:38 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
26 votes for choice '3A' ... My city's fucked.. :cry:

au 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 15:12 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
It wont be my fault this time :D

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 15:14 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Then change peoples# minds. Create another option, get it seconded and I'l post it in the poll.

How many times do I have to say the same thing over and over here until its read? :?

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 17:55 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Then change peoples# minds. Create another option, get it seconded and I'l post it in the poll.

How many times do I have to say the same thing over and over here until its read? :?
Just make another proposal like 3a but keep theme builds or somting like that.

se 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 19:27 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
My suggestion would be an adapted version of option 3A. Personally I don't think starting over would be the best, but as most seems to want so I would want to suggest a alternative nearly identical to 3A. I suggest that people will be able to get ONE double chest for things to be brought over to the new map. Themezones if the themeleader wants it, will get copied over(Not sure about zone 16, as it seems barely started on). Not sure what to do with other builds as frankly there is a ton of them and copying too many builds is not a task I would be up to do.

Keep in mind that the things that this would entail is things that would be time-consuming and will certainly delay any kind of new map opening up for the public.

Choice 3C:
Same as option 3A. But with ONE large chest of stuff to be brought over. And copying of themezones over to the new map. But these things will increase the time it takes until the new map would open up to the public.

Permissions will probably have to be discussed once the decision has been made about the map.

Apparently can't change my vote(?).

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 21:37 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Mr.green wrote:
My suggestion would be an adapted version of option 3A. Personally I don't think starting over would be the best, but as most seems to want so I would want to suggest a alternative nearly identical to 3A. I suggest that people will be able to get ONE double chest for things to be brought over to the new map. Themezones if the themeleader wants it, will get copied over(Not sure about zone 16, as it seems barely started on). Not sure what to do with other builds as frankly there is a ton of them and copying too many builds is not a task I would be up to do.

Keep in mind that the things that this would entail is things that would be time-consuming and will certainly delay any kind of new map opening up for the public.

Choice 3C:
Same as option 3A. But with ONE large chest of stuff to be brought over. And copying of themezones over to the new map. But these things will increase the time it takes until the new map would open up to the public.

Permissions will probably have to be discussed once the decision has been made about the map.

Apparently can't change my vote(?).
I like this idea the most. But, I have a few ideas for the spawn to be redone. The current spawn is, fucking amazing, but it has minor flaws that makes it horrible. Comparing Iron City and the current spawn, what's different other then Iron City being almost shit? Symmetry. The current spawn is a symmetrical circle with all parts exactly the same. That was extremely confusing for guests, admins and myself. If I didn't have flying capabilities to fly to the other side because I went the wrong way, I would of disliked it even more.

The new spawn should be nicely build, not just Iron and Diamond blocks thrown together. But, we should also try to keep sections of spawn not exactly the same on each side. Iron City was easy to distinguish; In the front there was the portal room to Babel, behind was the market, to the left was public furnaces and rooms, right was that maze thingy. We can take these same concepts into our new spawn while having an amazing build, except maybe the maze :P. The buildings should be the same theme, but in different shapes and designs. Take Islerlohn and Leo's city(The central parts of both); Each building was it's individual structure and allowed every building to be easily distinguishable.

That's about all I can think of now.
Please add to this.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 23:13 
Doesn't get out much (376)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
_BlueFlame_ wrote:

Theme Zones are only included in the top options. You want an option that includes them that isn't listed then make a proposal, get it seconded and I'll add it to the list. If 3A happens everything - everything - we currently have is gone.
Up until you posted this and added the blue text in the OP this wasn't clear to me, I don't know whether this was clear to other people.

I voted for 2 clearly but and just as in favour of 3 but not if it involves wholesale slaughter, we can afford to let people keep items and, under specific and/or exceptional circumstances, builds. We don't need to be that brutal to our established player base in the name of encouraging the development of a new one. We want new players to be integrated into thriving community where their potential goals and role models are laid out in front of them, rather than into another empty wasteland where everyone is destitute and this time annoyed that they've got to start from scratch.

be 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 23:39 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
I wouldn't be bothered with copying over builds, but they have to be worthwhile! So not just a simple/single house.

And as always, nothing has been settled so far, we've only been suggesting and voting for the so far available options.

I might add to this, bukkit allows you to use custom generators for worlds, maybe we could use one to make the map more unique?

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 01:22 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
So we have a poll that will decide the future of the server in which a) no one has really read the OP and b) no one understands the consequences.

Oh this should be fun... :roll:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next