Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:37

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
us 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 02:03 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
So we have a poll that will decide the future of the server in which a) no one has really read the OP and b) no one understands the consequences.

Oh this should be fun... :roll:
Well, I'm not going to vote until I see an option I agree with or an current option evolve into something I agree with.
Green's option so far is one I like the most, along with my spawn idea :P

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 04:48 
Doesn't get out much (376)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
So we have a poll that will decide the future of the server in which a) no one has really read the OP and b) no one understands the consequences.

O- I didn't vote for 2 apparently. Well I don't have anything to move over really but I would regardless counsel against being hasty with this.

Or I'd propose:

3C [Frimple Edition]: Like 3A but people get the chance to move over a certain amount of their goods and builds will be consider for transfer.

It's too late at night to work out if it's a good idea to propose that or not. Also even late at night I know it's not a good idea to keep resetting the vote. Perhaps we could iron out any issues like this one in a brief second round of voting as clearly 3 as it in the bag.

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 05:30 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
bubbajim3 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Well, I'm not going to vote until I see an option I agree with or an current option evolve into something I agree with.
Green's option so far is one I like the most, along with my spawn idea :P
:ugly: Ooorrr just start scheming a comfortable dreamworld of your own :ugly:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 08:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
It seems I can't change my vote, anyway, I secound Mr.Green's '3C' idea.

Last edited by _BlueFlame_ on 15 Jun 2012, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

be 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 13:22 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
You can remove your vote by clicking the X next to what you've voted.
EDIT: doesn't work

Also, I third Frimple's idea

Last edited by [SpA]heldplayer on 16 Jun 2012, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 14:24 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
heldplayer wrote:

Isn't Frimple's idea similar to Mr. Greens idea? Just trying to consolidate so it confuses me less :P

[SpA]Mr.green wrote:
My suggestion would be an adapted version of option 3A. Personally I don't think starting over would be the best, but as most seems to want so I would want to suggest a alternative nearly identical to 3A. I suggest that people will be able to get ONE double chest for things to be brought over to the new map. Themezones if the themeleader wants it, will get copied over(Not sure about zone 16, as it seems barely started on). Not sure what to do with other builds as frankly there is a ton of them and copying too many builds is not a task I would be up to do.

Keep in mind that the things that this would entail is things that would be time-consuming and will certainly delay any kind of new map opening up for the public.

Choice 3C:
Same as option 3A. But with ONE large chest of stuff to be brought over. And copying of themezones over to the new map. But these things will increase the time it takes until the new map would open up to the public.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 15:10 
Doesn't get out much (376)
bubbajim3 wrote:
heldplayer wrote:

Isn't Frimple's idea similar to Mr. Greens idea? Just trying to consolidate so it confuses me less :P

[SpA]Mr.green wrote:
My suggestion would be an adapted version of option 3A. Personally I don't think starting over would be the best, but as most seems to want so I would want to suggest a alternative nearly identical to 3A. I suggest that people will be able to get ONE double chest for things to be brought over to the new map. Themezones if the themeleader wants it, will get copied over(Not sure about zone 16, as it seems barely started on). Not sure what to do with other builds as frankly there is a ton of them and copying too many builds is not a task I would be up to do.

Keep in mind that the things that this would entail is things that would be time-consuming and will certainly delay any kind of new map opening up for the public.

Choice 3C:
Same as option 3A. But with ONE large chest of stuff to be brought over. And copying of themezones over to the new map. But these things will increase the time it takes until the new map would open up to the public.
OK >.> Yes quite possibly, 4am was not the best time to engage in policy making. I think we're in the weeds here though, we have a multiworld system so items can easily be moved over by the players themselves [in which case it would be very like greens suggestion I know I'd take a hard look at how much cobble I really needed if I had to carry it to a new home].

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 16:02 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Copying the theme zones over is next to impossible. The program I used for moving builds event the size of Spawn City is now dead. World Edit cannot do this so I don't know what you lot imagine you are gonna do instead.

As to moving stuff over: I really think it should not be allowed. You want a new map but with a huge cheat starter kit? Get bent. New start = new start as far as I am concerned but I'll be arguing this out in a separate thread.
The issue here is that still - unbelievably - no one realises what the current server offers and they still have NO idea what the impact is of the changes you all seem to want. Please read the separate thread I will create shortly.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 18:41 
Pretty useless (94)
So are Choices 1A, 1B, and 2 the only ones keeping the current map and all of our builds etc.?

For Choice 2, would items be able to be copied across from Hub to Bedlam before Homestead is gone?

Thanks

[21:00] <[Patogy]> *bends over jammy*

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 19:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
So are Choices 1A, 1B, and 2 the only ones keeping the current map and all of our builds etc.?

For Choice 2, would items be able to be copied across from Hub to Bedlam before Homestead is gone?

Thanks
I just don't understand this. Why is everyone obsessed with getting a new lap but obsessed with keeping their build too? What do you gain and what is the point?

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 19:06 
Pretty useless (94)
The impression I got from reading your thread you posted recently, is that it would be stupid to start over and lose everything, so why not keep the things we currently have.
And I think that too... that's why I do want a new start in a sense, but with some builds or items (as Green mentioned) to be copied across.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 19:23 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
The impression I got from reading your thread you posted recently, is that it would be stupid to start over and lose everything, so why not keep the things we currently have.
And I think that too... that's why I do want a new start in a sense, but with some builds or items (as Green mentioned) to be copied across.
Then why have the new map? If a good percentage of what is already on Hub will be copied to the new map, be it a modified Bedlam or a newly generated one, then why do it? This is what no one has an answer for.

People just want change for the sake of change then, when it doesn't work in 6 weeks, they'll blame everyone else.

be 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 19:58 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
The only things 1.3 brings that we can't access with our current world is emeralds and villager trading. The latter because everybody killed them already.

Spawning those is something I personally don't want. When jungle trees were added, people started to spawn them in, people who were trusted with the /item command. Those people being the only ones that would have access to those trees and the corresponding planks until bedlam was regenerated. The same people also used a HeldStone feature that would allow us to change biomes, not for something for the server, but for their or a friend's use, making a jungle biome on their house so they could get ocelots. Those would be the sole players with ocelots.

The point in all of this? If we want to update and get the new stuff, we'd either have to:
A) Change to a new map
B) Let those with the ability to spawn items spawn them for themselves
C) Manage to spread the items to everybody

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 20:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
heldplayer wrote:
The only things 1.3 brings that we can't access with our current world is emeralds and villager trading. The latter because everybody killed them already.

Spawning those is something I personally don't want. When jungle trees were added, people started to spawn them in, people who were trusted with the /item command. Those people being the only ones that would have access to those trees and the corresponding planks until bedlam was regenerated. The same people also used a HeldStone feature that would allow us to change biomes, not for something for the server, but for their or a friend's use, making a jungle biome on their house so they could get ocelots. Those would be the sole players with ocelots.

The point in all of this? If we want to update and get the new stuff, we'd either have to:
A) Change to a new map
B) Let those with the ability to spawn items spawn them for themselves
C) Manage to spread the items to everybody
Finally an answer! Sure, but the Villagers simply will not last. They will be killed as soon as they are found: you and I know that full well. As to the emeralds: we can easily regen chunks of land - hell we could regen either some of the Theme Zones (especially as most of them died) or the whole of Homestead (ie everything south of Spawn)

be 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 22:31 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
Yes, we could regen chunks, but there could be 2 outcomes of that. Either the chunk generation algorithm hasn't changed (keep your fingers crossed) or something has managed to break the algorithm, resulting in hard chunk borders.

A conversation with Green has given me 2 ideas:

If we do get a new map, and we decide to allow builds to be transfered, be it via an application on the forums, we could perhaps add a blacklist to what we transfer.

I propose we block any of the following things from being transferred:
  • Any inventory that could be used to smuggle items in
  • Diamond/gold/iron ore and storage blocks (storage blocks being the ones you craft with 9 diamonds/ingots)
  • All kinds of farms (melon, pumpkin, tree, wheat, sugar cane)
  • Anything that is below ground (with some exceptions?)
A player could be allowed to bring the following with him in his inventory:
  • 32 units of food of choice, excluding golden apples
  • 32 saplings of choice, can be of any species (besides jungle?)
  • Maybe 16 iron ingots?
We could also do all the above but add a twist to it, we could make it some kind of search, spreading the builds over the map and letting the owners find it. This could encourage people to help others. And to avoid it getting occupied by somebody else we could add a lease free residence to it. If the user finds his build he could alert a supop and get the residence removed so the owner can have access to it. 1.3 comes with abandoned structures, so this could make it more interesting.

Anyhow, these are just some ideas I came up with, and I have more! A suggestion, I say get rid of dynmap, or disable most features of it so you can't see where players are, where there are residences and the ability to chat.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 22:58 
Pretty useless (94)
heldplayer wrote:
A player could be allowed to bring the following with him in his inventory:
  • 32 units of food of choice, excluding golden apples
  • 32 saplings of choice, can be of any species (besides jungle?)
  • Maybe 16 iron ingots?
I don't really see the point in this, as kit starter is basically the same as this, or very similar. However your other ideas seem solid.

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 23:02 
Crap at posting (42)
First off these options are too vague and solve nothing. The problem has more to do with the underlying rules to the server. New map will change nothing !

ill try to explain some of the problem as i see them and try to suggest a fix.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 23:13 
Pretty useless (94)
If I could change my vote, I would vote Choice 2, although I don't think it even has 1 vote :3
IMO, it is what I like best.
Reason why:
  • 1 Map - means everyone (including guests) are involved.
    We have residences which we can use if we want to protect our things from griefers.
    Theme zones will still be available for people who want to work on big projects which will be protected.
Bit brief, but that's all I really have to say.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 02:30 
Crap at posting (34)
Time for another suggestion!
We keep the current homestead map, but allow guests on it. Bedlam would then have the factions plugin on it, using admin made factions, to prevent it from just falling apart into a billion factions. Aside from this, the server would remain mostly the same, and possibly making it easier for guests to figure out how to get to homestead.
Is there any way to remove my vote?

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 10:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Voltblades wrote:
Time for another suggestion!
We keep the current homestead map, but allow guests on it. Bedlam would then have the factions plugin on it, using admin made factions, to prevent it from just falling apart into a billion factions. Aside from this, the server would remain mostly the same, and possibly making it easier for guests to figure out how to get to homestead.
Is there any way to remove my vote?
If everyone can build on both maps, why have 2 maps? Also, to whom would you give control of the factions and how many do we have? What happens if we give an OP control of a faction and they vanish for 4 months like everyone seems to do?

Also everyone should be able to re-vote. Hit the X next to your vote.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 10:42 
Pretty useless (94)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Nope, that doesn't work

be 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 11:43 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Nope, that doesn't work
Maybe I should've mentioned that the moment I was told it didn't work, sorry :?

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 11:56 
Has learned to write! (161)
So I was just thinking, the reason I stopped playing smp for a while was because I had no goals and didn't have to struggle in any way to survive. Like what Howard said the problem of not having a working economy would do...

What if everyone was on one map that was completely reset like every month, something like bedlam, but the richest (this would be money and items combined worth) would get something that would roll over to the new map. Start everyone with nothing and allow things like residences and locking chests. It would make it so everyone would have a reason to keep building and playing. It would also let new players join right in, griefers would of course be a hazard but it would make it more interesting. it would make it so that you weren't just trying to survive but thrive and out do others on the server. I think the competition it would bring would give people a purpose to stay and play more.

We could keep the theme zones on a seperate world as like a neutral area with no pvp where people could view the Builds people of the server have made. Keep theme zones as application only. Let people who just want to build big do so. Anyone actively building in a theme zone wouldn't be able to be counted in the top five and would lose anything they had in the smp world. They also would not be allowed to bring things over from the themed zones. I know that this probably is much easier said than done, but this is a pretty rough idea I am getting off the top of my head.

Feel free to tear apart my idea, I was just throwing it out there as another option

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:13 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
While the server absolutely needs more things to engage the player and make them want to return, threatening everyone with the destruction of their work if they don;t try hard enough is just plain dumb.

You can't bully people into playing and caring about the server - this will drive everyone away instantly, starting with me.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:30 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
badrandsteve wrote:
3 a's ! cuz i love this server :3
What? You love this server so you want to totally get rid of it?

Are you people even READING the OPTIONS?!

au 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:37 
Likes to type... (254)
"Choice 3A:
A whole new world. A new map with a central Spawn City (not the current one as apparently no one likes it), players markets, protected road network and a limited portaling system. This will be far more like that map that had Iron City on it. (Is everyone clear that with this option, you lose everything you have right now? Its a completely fresh start.)"

I like the idea of that, except perhaps just spawnign another world and still have the old world running so that people who want to still build there still can.

I've been tossing up between 3A and the option where everything stays how it is.

I kinda think that we should keep the server how it is just add a few little things here and there like instead of having a DRASTIC change. like for example, just add a few little quirks here and there, and i got this idea of having a place where people can buy commands for a certain amount of money or whatever you use for money. and you can buy like /tp commands and other cool fun commands like that except you have to hire them so you will only have them for a certain amount of time.

Idk, this is just my oppinion on stuff..

[15:41] <@Mono-> My computer is hot because your skin Uni
[20:16] <+Jonesy`> unicorn has a nice ass
[20:17] <@mbl> But jonesy... She does tho :p

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:46 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
UNICORN XD wrote:
"Choice 3A:
A whole new world. A new map with a central Spawn City (not the current one as apparently no one likes it), players markets, protected road network and a limited portaling system. This will be far more like that map that had Iron City on it. (Is everyone clear that with this option, you lose everything you have right now? Its a completely fresh start.)"

I like the idea of that, except perhaps just spawnign another world and still have the old world running so that people who want to still build there still can.
And again I say, we CANNOT have another map. CANNOT.
UNICORN XD wrote:
I've been tossing up between 3A and the option where everything stays how it is.

I kinda think that we should keep the server how it is just add a few little things here and there like instead of having a DRASTIC change. like for example, just add a few little quirks here and there, and i got this idea of having a place where people can buy commands for a certain amount of money or whatever you use for money. and you can buy like /tp commands and other cool fun commands like that except you have to hire them so you will only have them for a certain amount of time.

Wait, you don't want everything change but you are stuck between changing everything and not? Errr...? :?

As to selling commands - I looked at that but the plugin was a mess (called vouchers or something). Maybe it will work again after 1.3

au 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:49 
Likes to type... (254)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
UNICORN XD wrote:

Wait, you don't want everything change but you are stuck between changing everything and not?
okay, then possibly going half way then??

[15:41] <@Mono-> My computer is hot because your skin Uni
[20:16] <+Jonesy`> unicorn has a nice ass
[20:17] <@mbl> But jonesy... She does tho :p

au 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 14:07 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
How so Uni? Describe what you mean

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 14:48 
Pretty useless (94)
Is it too much to ask for everyone to re-vote? Because I think a lot of people are following the crowd and choosing 3A (e.g. badrandsteve :3) and not actually taking into consideration what will happen (what Howard has been going on about).

I don't know how many people actually know how to re-vote... so maybe reset the pole completely? I don't know... this could be absurd. :3
I just think most people are looking at the amount of votes 3A has, and just choosing that (again, basically what Howard has mention - think about what you are actually voting for..)

Can I also persuade anyone to re-read Choice 2? In my opinion it does seem to solve many problems, and still allows people to concentrate on building or play true PvP if they wish. However, maybe changing the size of the theme zones will help? (i.e make more of them, but slightly smaller). That would allow more people to apply for projects if they want to focus on building.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next