Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:05

All times are UTC+01:00

Would you be interested in playing? Would you be able to make them if held at a reasonable time?
YES! 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
NO! 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
I could make some of them, but I'll be away during some of "whatever" month 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 16
us 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 21:50 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Firstly, if you're interested in participating in a tournament, vote above so we can decide if it's plausible to start one up.

Similar to the years before, their will be 4 quarters(Twice a month[2 times in july; 2 times in august]). The first and second place winners from each quarter will be brought together in one final round. The last one standing at the very end will probs get a prize of some sort(and of course gloating rights). Unlike before, this will be held in SMP, so to our old FB players: a premium account IS required.
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
Tournament Information:
  • Each round will be between 2 people
  • Each round will consist of 3 battles
  • Once you lose, you lose, NO DO-OVERS
  • Losers are out, Winners advance
  • First place and second place quarter winners will compete against each other at end! A.K.A. The Championship!
Spleef Rules:
  • No Hacks(haxs)
  • No Island/Corner(Where you section yourself or someone else off and cant do anything)
  • No sore losers
  • Have Fun!
So once again, this post is just for a general idea if it would be good to start one up. Once we decide to start up the tournaments, we will have sign-up sheets posted for anyone to join.

Please note: If we do happen to get a lot of people, the amount of people per round will increase for all(Ex. 4 people at once instead of 2).

View the old tournaments: http://spa.challonge.com/

Post below if you have any questions or suggestions.

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 22:14 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
I've voted no for now because I think we already have a lot on the go and we still have a lot of things that aren't finished yet (for example the hunger games), I don't think it will really pull any people because there are too many options and too less interested.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 22:17 
Geek (839)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
I've voted no for now because I think we already have a lot on the go and we still have a lot of things that aren't finished yet (for example the hunger games), I don't think it will really pull any people because there are too many options and too less interested.
Good point. Changing my vote to no- for now.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 22:42 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
The reason for Spleef, atm, is its quick and easy to set up. Doesn't take weeks to push out; just a fun little game to throw together with little required. This will probs be worked around the UHC so it doesn't happen at the same time.

For anything such as SG, that will be a complete server entity within itself, running constantly with hopefully it's completely own player-base.

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 22:53 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
The reason for Spleef, atm, is its quick and easy to set up. Doesn't take weeks to push out; just a fun little game to throw together with little required. This will probs be worked around the UHC so it doesn't happen at the same time.

For anything such as SG, that will be a complete server entity within itself, running constantly with hopefully it's completely own player-base.
You can try it out but I personally don't think much people will be attracted by this..

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 01:17 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:

You can try it out but I personally don't think much people will be attracted by this..
Valid point.

Also, remove your avatar, we have enough cats around here... :P

cy 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 01:30 
Has learned to write! (154)
Quote:
Well, i disagree with that, our last year tournaments had great participation, and people of this server always liked spleef. The only problem that i can think is that some people will be on vacations or whatever will come and some days most people wont be around as happens every summer.
Quote:
also, remove your avatar, we have enough cats around here... :P
:ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 01:31 
Doesn't get out much (341)
I'm interested! But wouldn't it be harder in SMP because it takes longer to break a block? Maybe if we all have diamond pickaxes it will work out fine.

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

cy 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 01:43 
Has learned to write! (154)
NinjaAssasin1234 wrote:
I'm interested! But wouldn't it be harder in SMP because it takes longer to break a block? Maybe if we all have diamond pickaxes it will work out fine.
If eventually the tournament will take place, most likely we will get creative mod for the matches.

be 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 11:10 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
I love to say "no", Pato knows that very well :P

I said yes!

Spleef doesn't take as long as UHC, it requires more organization though. I'm not that good at giving my opinion ;_;

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 13:19 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
No, it's for Don, so I won't remove it :ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
I love to say "no", Pato knows that very well :P

I said yes!

Spleef doesn't take as long as UHC, it requires more organization though. I'm not that good at giving my opinion ;_;
I have to agree and disagree with that.

I doesn't take as long a UHC. I also feel that it's about equal with UHC organizational wise. I throw up a sign-up topic, make a challonge match, play.

As the polls are turning out atm, we'd get 8 players. All 8 would advance to the end round after 4 quarters. That's no competition :P

ca 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 22:58 
Geek (776)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
No, it's for Don, so I won't remove it :ugly:
I like it better than his old one.