Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:01

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: /tpa
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 06:59 
Crap at posting (45)
Ok lets get right to business on this. The /tpa command. This could be very useful to players on the server. Of course you could have a warm up so it isn't overpowered.

fi 
 Post subject: Re: /tpa
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 07:27 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Not coming. You have /home and /warp, and these handy appendages called "legs".

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 07:44 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
Not coming. You have /home and /warp, and these handy appendages called "legs".
Quote of the month and I see ur point

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 09:22 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Unfortunately Dolf is right. This is a survival server and tpa would kind of take away from that element.

We have tried many transport options over the past few years and every system has its good sides and its own flaws.

Portal hubs make the transport too simple, cause lag in the portal building and need someone to manually add portals. Then there also needs to be some rule on where portals can be as we can only have a limited amount in the hub.

Rails are an interesting solution but are not practical for a server. There is no easy way to manage carts on the track. Mobs on the track will ruin the ride and bounce you back. They cause some lag, admittedly its better than before and small 'local' railways are fine but there is still enough lag there to make it bad for a major transport medium. Then you need to take into account construction (the last one was never fully finished) and the actual size of this map (6000X6000)

Party teleports, similar to tpa but allow teleporting to players only in your MCMMO party were abused. They allowed groups to make transport really easy and it ruined fair PVP.

Roads just look crappy and with all the new terrain would not be easy to build. Also the map is again too large for a road to be useful.

Fixed portals such as the last map resulted in collections of players gathering around them. Griefed and almost un-navagatable landscape surrounded them and there were broken crappy boxes around the place so that people could survive the night.

Sure this transport system of the skyrim fast-travel styled warps has its own flaws and in time they will become apparent. But for now it seems like a viable solution. It means players need to walk to that location at least once which means you can't just warp to the best trading spots for your goods right off the bat. Markets will not be the only thing with these warps, Dolf's city will have one (possibly already unlocked) for guests to have a house. There will be other market towns placed around the map with these warps allowing for faster travel to your home by using the local warp point.