Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:28

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: SpA advertising
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 17:57 
Crap at posting (45)
OK this topic might be explained in another post but i probably haven't read it so ill do it here. I SpA needs to be advertised on things like YouTube Facebook Twitter etc. I know mbl has something on Planet Minecraft, that's a good start but i don't it will get us big amounts of new people on our server. We need different people on different jobs. SpA has appeared on YouTube a few recent times by Lovejoy812 (squidplaysstuf) and Goldenkitie and that's fine. Golden has about 20 subs and squid has about 3 so we don't have a huge audience. This is a small server i know that but we have 120 slots for people and the most I've ever seen is 20. I personally don't have a Twitter or Facebook but i do have a work in progress channel on youtube. Also advertise in your community to your friends who play minecraft like your next door neighbor bob who spends his time on minecraft while drinking beer and eventually passes out on the computer and gets killed by a sheep. We need to ad in anyplace we can but not on other servers please i don't want people banned or kicked. So if you have any other suggestons post them below or give me or a [SpA] minecraft admin a PM

fi 
 Post subject: Re: SpA advertising
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 19:25 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
We already have plans in all that, so no need to really concern yourself with it unless you can provide us with material for our games.

Also, your post seems to refer to Minecraft alone. You do realise that Minecraft is only a small part of SpA, and since it's an adult community, Minecraft (which is mostly swarmed by illiterate kids) isn't the best option to advertise the most, do you not? :U

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. As I said, we're working on it. Or should be... Cough...

EDIT:
• http://www.youtube.com/user/SpecialAttackCast
• https://twitter.com/specialattack
• https://www.facebook.com/SpecialAttack

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

Last edited by [SpA]Dolf on 07 Aug 2013, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 19:25 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
We actually have all three. The problem I see is that people do not reach out to the rest of the community, not just mine craft, and tend to miss a lot.

I'm on my phone now, so I can't write a lot. I'm sure the next poster can link you to all our social media sites :)

us 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 01:22 
Crap at posting (45)
Clear point Dolf i see and yeah TF2 and games like that would give a feel of EPIC to SpA

us 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 05:51 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Okay proper computer :wink:

Sorry if I sounded short before, couldn't do to much on my phone :P

Twitter
Facebook
Youtube

All three I have access too, but the Youtube channel is run by [SpA]Haladir. If you have any ideas for the Twitter or Facebook you can message me; any ideas for the Youtube page you can direct your messages to [SpA]Haladir. (This goes for everyone too; ideas are welcome!)

As for your ideas, most of them sound great; we just need people to do them. Yes tell your friends, everyone, etc! :P We have big servers for a reason, to support more users. We need to advertise in many places, but, we should limit posting of official type posts such as Planet Minecraft to mbl(Don't wanna screw them up :ugly:). Apart from that, we also have a few pages on reddit(which i regrettably need to update) and a post on the Minecraft Forums. We just need to keep on top of them. Like all of these sites, if they aren't visited, they slowly move down the easily-viewable sections; in order to keep people flowing in, our servers need to be seen. Our first thing we should do is try to keep on top of the advertisement posts we have out there already, and when we can properly manage them, broaden it even more.