Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:32

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: 13w36a
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 23:32 
Crap at posting (45)
OK the new snapshot has rolled around and I am excited. But about the SMP server, what are we going to do. There is now something like 30 biomes and we probably will need to reset the server again. :( So my question is what to do for 1.7

au 
 Post subject: Re: 13w36a
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 00:25 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well, firstly we will wait for the final build of 1.7 to come out before updating. This could take quite a while knowing Mojang.

Currently there are two options that I am thinking of; 1) We expand the current map OR 2) We have a new map for the 1.7 server

Of these I am unsure which path to take as it will mostly depend on what happens in the 1.7 update

us 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 00:46 
Geek (733)
The main deciding factor on what happens is the amount of plugins that get updated in a short-ish period of time while we are making a decision. In order to really expand the current map, we will need basically, if not all of the plugins we currently have to prevent any instability or corruption. Just sit tight and wait and everyone will be notified of the decision being made as soon as it's made. :18

us 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 02:06 
Crap at posting (43)
Concerning what Mbl said, I would rather have the map expanded. Here are some simple reasons why.

1) The map with last a lot longer with more room.

2) The biomes missing in the current map will be added. (JUNGLE!!!!!!!)

3) This can also reduce griefing, as most people with move 1000's of block from spawn now.

Can't wait for 1.7 and all its pretty biomes! Hope this can sway the decision a bit :ugly:

-QuitPLAY-

us 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 16:49 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
I agree with Quitplay, expand the map. I'd really hate to have to start over yet again. Plus, expanding the map will give me more area's to look for those pesky diamonds, as they are trolling me so hard right now. Last maps, I found diamond all the time, had stacks of it. Now I'm lucky to find a few a week. Don't even have a full stack yet D:

Iron, on the other hand, lololol got at least 12 stacks so far :D

fi 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I second (or third :D) expanding, though why not also regen some of the unused areas of the map as well? Not to mention regenerating the immediate area around Spawn; it's like a bombing site.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Re: 13w36a
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 19:14 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
I second (or third :D) expanding, though why not also regen some of the unused areas of the map as well? Not to mention regenerating the immediate area around Spawn; it's like a bombing site.
I second the regeneration of the spawn bombing site.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 01:50 
Crap at posting (45)
I think listening to your options i think QuitPLAY makes an excelent idea and i think it Mojang doesn't change too much that would be the way to go.

us 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2013, 03:33 
Crap at posting (45)
Ok remember this topic its kinda dead but 1.7 is out and i personally think we should do this
SecretSniperuins wrote:
OK the new snapshot has rolled around and I am excited. But about the SMP server, what are we going to do. There is now something like 30 biomes and we probably will need to reset the server again. :( So my question is what to do for 1.7
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Well, firstly we will wait for the final build of 1.7 to come out before updating. This could take quite a while knowing Mojang.

Currently there are two options that I am thinking of; 1) We expand the current map OR 2) We have a new map for the 1.7 server

Of these I am unsure which path to take as it will mostly depend on what happens in the 1.7 update
QuitPLAY wrote:
Concerning what Mbl said, I would rather have the map expanded. Here are some simple reasons why.

1) The map with last a lot longer with more room.

2) The biomes missing in the current map will be added. (JUNGLE!!!!!!!)

3) This can also reduce griefing, as most people with move 1000's of block from spawn now.

Can't wait for 1.7 and all its pretty biomes! Hope this can sway the decision a bit :ugly:

-QuitPLAY-

us 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2013, 05:32 
Geek (733)
If you want to suggest what we should do for the normal server once things get updated go ahead! We really want to hear some feedback from you guys before making any crucial decisions.

So, if we stick with the current map, then we will need to wait for more plugins to update, and we would still get the experience of 1.7, but we wouldn't be starting out fresh. Most people have homes, and have already pretty much done all there is to do with the current map.

The solution to some of the boredom of minecraft that seems to be going around is to completely switch it up. New map, new objective; the whole package. I think that the main idea right now is a type of role playing type of thing that you can do at any point, but you would also help contribute to other people's experience on it.