Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:44

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 03:35 
Crap at posting (45)
OK i have some questions floating in my head.
1. What is the map going to be (expanded or refreshed)
2. About how long will it take to get off a temp map (unlike most others I don't like the temp map)
3. Will there be any new plugins
4. How can I help

Curiosity killed the cat

au 
 Post subject: Re: 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 05:52 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Glad to see you're still interested :D

1) Due to the nature of the up coming server (once 1.7 is more stable) we shall require a new map.
2) This could vary but I think perhaps a week or so. This would give me time to configure and setup all the plugins.
3) Yes, there will be many new plugins. We are trying to work out ways to extend the game play. We are aiming to turn the server into a more RPGish type experience where you can do quests and have other cool adventures that are different from just mining and building. When I say RPGish, I don't mean that it will be a full RPG server, it will have RPG elements like MCMMO and town/guild type things. You won't have to be part of one of these to build but you would get bonuses for joining certain town/village/guild.

Last night I created a list of plugins that sound interesting and could possibly work on the new server. Perhaps this would give you an idea of the gameplay we are trying to achieve. Feel free to offer your oppinions on this and suggest ideas.

4) You can help out by having a look at the list, see what you like or don't like. Let us know what sort of things you want on the server, after all its what you guys are playing so it should be what you want.

Link to the list - http://pastebin.com/SnHwJqhc

au 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 06:11 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Remember that none of those plugins are locked in, they are all just suggestions for now

us 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 12:19 
Geek (733)
Looks like a pretty cool list to me. Just message me here if you want some help testing stuff.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 13:16 
Crap at posting (45)
Thanks mbl that was an interesting list. I'm kinda sad we have to make a new map so soon but I'm holding on to one thing (MESA AND JUNGLE)

I'm with QuitPLAY on this one

us 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 01:32 
Geek (839)
To mbl, and any others that may want to read:

The plugins you listed there looks impressive, however a few look silly and unnecessary. For example the "myRPG" seems like it would be a good idea, but the things it lists seems as if we could make without it, or even just create the RPG world ourselves.

The "Scroll Transportation" I am in love with, and I feel like this could go hand-in-hand with quests and such. For example, a player would have to travel to a hard-to-reach locations, or even a place that would be rewarding for the player.

"signshop" and "signshop-hotel" definitely seems like a good idea, and I think we could put good use to this. Of course, there would have to be certain permissions, for example Member+ is allowed [3] signs, give or take.

A few more of these look good, not going to go in detail with, but there aren't any I really "Disagree" with. More ideas to come :ugly:

au 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 03:39 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
yes, after further looking into the plugins 'myRPG' seems rather silly. However the rest seem alright. I do have to wonder however if the player who created the lock for a chest needs a different key for every chest

us 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2013, 04:01 
Geek (883)
Any idea when the new map is coming out?

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2013, 22:20 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Any idea when the new map is coming out?
Within 5 years, we hope :ugly:

au 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 02:26 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Hopefully by the end of the week.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 15:52 
Crap at posting (59)
I'd like to offer my support for the new map if there is still building, excavating or other landscaping to be done - I absolutely detest temp maps and cannot get rid of the current one fast enough to please me.

If nothing of the sort is needed, I'll just stab my little vodoo rubiks cube (representative of the temp map, may it burn in hell for all eternity) and cheer you on!

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 19:22 
Geek (733)
AndragonLea wrote:
I'd like to offer my support for the new map if there is still building, excavating or other landscaping to be done - I absolutely detest temp maps and cannot get rid of the current one fast enough to please me.

If nothing of the sort is needed, I'll just stab my little vodoo rubiks cube (representative of the temp map, may it burn in hell for all eternity) and cheer you on!
Nice to see you again Andragon! I think the building is all done now, and we are just waiting for quests which are being done by mbl. Down the road if this map is a hit we may need more buildings or something, but for now, I think it's all good on that side. If you want to help out testing some stuff just talk to mbl. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 13:13 
Crap at posting (59)
No problem. I'll not lie and pretend I wouldn't like to scout out the new map and test the features, but I guess that's up to you guys. You know better than I if you could use someone test driving the quests, for example. ^^

au 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 13:21 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well, from the looks of things, quests will be a while off. I still have some roads and market things to finish off. If someone wants to look up how to create 'Denizen' quest scripts, then please feel free to, as it would be a great help.

I do have some quests implemented, however they are very basic and not much story is told through them. It was more testing features.

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 03:09 
Geek (883)
Sorry to bother, buuuuut what's the status on the plugins for the new map? :shock:

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 04:35 
Geek (733)
Like mbl said the main delay is the script writing for Denizen Citizens. We have most, if not all, of the plugins already picked out, and they seem to run alright with each other. I guess the quest scripts are a bit more complicated than just writing a quest down and putting it in as a text file.

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 14:13 
Geek (883)
Oh I see, alrighty then. Thanks for the effort you put in the map, I'm sure we'll all enjoy it

au 
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 04:31 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
This weekend I will try to finish all the quests off. Hopefully then we can test everything next week and have it up and ready for next weekend

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 11:40 
Crap at posting (59)
Me when I heard that the map will soon be online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE

mbl leading us to the promised land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSYmU2paBM

Damn, he got the moves man.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 05:16 
Geek (883)
Since the snapshot for 1.8 was just released, do you think it would be a better idea to just switch to a 1.8 temp map and wait for all the quests/plugins for the new map to update to 1.8? I, myself don't think it would be a good idea to go to a 1.7 permanent map if 1.8 has been released, b/c we'd be behind and wouldn't be able to enjoy the new add ons to the game.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 06:21 
Geek (733)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Since the snapshot for 1.8 was just released, do you think it would be a better idea to just switch to a 1.8 temp map and wait for all the quests/plugins for the new map to update to 1.8? I, myself don't think it would be a good idea to go to a 1.7 permanent map if 1.8 has been released, b/c we'd be behind and wouldn't be able to enjoy the new add ons to the game.
Absolutely not. We've been on this 1.7 temp map for quite a while, and we are just about ready with everything. You need to realize that this was the first snapshot of 1.8, and that it'll probably be at least a couple months before it actually, fully comes out. After that period, it'll probably be at least a week or two just for Bukkit and Spigot to update not to mention all the plugins that we are going to use. We can think more about 1.8 when it gets closer to coming out. Until then, we shouldn't worry about it.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 14:52 
Crap at posting (59)
We also need to keep in mind that the temp map is currently completely dead - people used it at the beginning to check features and then went and did whatever while the new map was made ready.

If we now switch to a 1.8 temp map while waiting yet again - possibly having the map ready just when the NEXT snapshot gets released - we would basically keep the server dead for that much longer.

I played for about 2 hours altogether in the last few weeks and observed a few new people logging in, noticing the server is empty, and leaving again.

The longer we keep it like this, the more people that might have been interested in staying we lose.

Also, new map gimme. ;_;

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 15:31 
Crap at posting (59)
Anybody else pumped up for the new map?^^

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 17:30 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
AndragonLea wrote:
Anybody else pumped up for the new map?^^
Oh, I'm pumping day and night.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 17:47 
Crap at posting (59)
Lol, for the sake of our age rating I fear I have to say I have no clue what you mean.

Double entendres aside, any plans for the new map already?

I'm looking forward to building yet another underground palace - hopefully a much cooler one, thanks to the new lights, wood types, and mountains.

Maybe this time it will have a sorta above groundish element as well.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 18:32 
Geek (883)
AndragonLea wrote:
Lol, for the sake of our age rating I fear I have to say I have no clue what you mean.

Double entendres aside, any plans for the new map already?

I'm looking forward to building yet another underground palace - hopefully a much cooler one, thanks to the new lights, wood types, and mountains.

Maybe this time it will have a sorta above groundish element as well.
I would love to help you make another underground base, if you don't mind. I enjoyed helping you last time.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 18:54 
Geek (733)
Arbo and I are going to start a town somewhere if anyone wants to join. Don't have too much planned out on it yet as the actual making of the map took precedence.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 19:19 
Crap at posting (59)
Yeah, that's actually sensible. Would've been massively Jelly and probably been deported to jelly school if you had scouted out all the good stuff in our off time. D:

Jokes aside, having first dibs should be one of the perks if you spend massive amounts of time getting a new map ready for public consumption, no?

@tscuzimbrown: I'd be glad to have you, not many people can dig a long time without complaining about it. <.<

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 21:01 
Geek (839)
Andra, do you have a steam account by chance?

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 21:51 
Crap at posting (59)
If I had a steam account that goes by the same name, I'd never tell anybody unless I would. In which case I'd have to add or kill whoever I would have told.

Thankfully I never tell anybody, though.