Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:55

All times are UTC+01:00

at 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 10:23 
Geek (749)
I was thinking if we were to build a arena and have all bounties dealt with there and have everyone that wants to fight duke it out there. Instead of placing bounties on someone, locating them and just killing them when they are afk or not ready. Bounties are kind of annoying and when people get high bounties placed on them they just hide and find someone to split the money with. Clearly it wasn't mean't to be used that way.

So i'm suggesting that we build the arena.

Mongo, skeleton, and I could handle building the arena.

Don't know what you guys think about it.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 19:53 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
ihasfire wrote:
I was thinking if we were to build a arena and have all bounties dealt with there and have everyone that wants to fight duke it out there. Instead of placing bounties on someone, locating them and just killing them when they are afk or not ready. Bounties are kind of annoying and when people get high bounties placed on them they just hide and find someone to split the money with. Clearly it wasn't mean't to be used that way.

So i'm suggesting that we build the arena.

Mongo, skeleton, and I could handle building the arena.

Don't know what you guys think about it.
this^

us 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 21:30 
Geek (733)
I honestly think the arena would be ruining the point of bounties. It would have to be constantly supervised to make sure everything goes down fairly and such. It would take a nice stealth operation into a battle to the death for a reward.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 21:47 
Geek (883)
Yeah..I agree with CoD, I feel likesearching for the player adds more of a challenge

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

au 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 00:54 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Yeah, I have to agree with CoD and tsc sorry. Unless both parties would want to fight it out in the arena it serves no point.

However, an arena for some organized events would be cool. Something similar to the one frimple built us. So its up to you guys, if you want to build it, go for it and we can find a use for it when its finished :D

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 01:14 
Geek (733)
Yeah if you guys want to build it anyways, I'm sure I could find some time on the weekends to help with events. I want to see it when it's done if you're doing it though. :3

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 03:55 
The bounties are being abused anyway, all you see is players in chat talking about it, and simply killing each other for heads and such.

au 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 04:13 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Should we remove the bountys then?

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 04:40 
Geek (733)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
If Mongo, matt, and ihas are going to build this arena, and we can find a plugin or something to help manage events for it, then I would say yes; remove it. People might complain about it at first, but those are going to be the ones who ask on of their friends to set a bounty on another friend just to get the other friend's head for decoration.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 06:08 
Geek (839)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Possibly remove the dropping of head part of it?

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 06:53 
Arbogeddon wrote:
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Possibly remove the dropping of head part of it?
Yep^

at 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 07:17 
Geek (749)
I just wish the plugin was made different. Now all you have to do is put a bounty on someone track them down and just kill them when they are building. Like you being the victim have no clue when/who/how many people are coming. With invisible potions now a days you can just sneak really easy to them. And if they catch you at your home and they can't get in they will just camp until you come out. Or even enderpearl through a hole somewhere.

Or maybe if it were to tell if you someone that has taken your bounty is near by like~every 100 blocks or so.

Atleast in the Arena you can both be fully geared, know when the fight will start. You'll be better off. Otherwise someone with some op swords just goes and puts a bounty on a guy with just a normal diamond sword and then just 2 shots him. That guy just then lost his stuff (if they don't give it back).

Mongo,skeleton, and I could build the arena. We could make it rather nice and big. We could use creative however.

Maybe at the arena we could set up a few "player shops" that sell enchanted gear, so people can gear up for the arena.

au 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 10:06 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
It'd be really nice if you guys made it in survival. It doesn't have to be as monumental as Frimples arena although it is up to you how big you wanna make it. I can supply a residence free of charge for the area so that you won't need to worry about that.

As for the heads, I can't find an option to disable them. I might have a look and see if there is a better bounty plugin otherwise we might just remove it altogether.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 15:02 
Geek (839)
ihasfire wrote:
I just wish the plugin was made different. Now all you have to do is put a bounty on someone track them down and just kill them when they are building. Like you being the victim have no clue when/who/how many people are coming. With invisible potions now a days you can just sneak really easy to them. And if they catch you at your home and they can't get in they will just camp until you come out. Or even enderpearl through a hole somewhere.
See, this could, and will, happen even without the bounty. Players are going to kill players. It's Minecraft, and PvP IS allowed. So I feel like this wouldn't change anything.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 15:39 
Arbogeddon wrote:
ihasfire wrote:
See, this could, and will, happen even without the bounty. Players are going to kill players. It's Minecraft, and PvP IS allowed. So I feel like this wouldn't change anything.
The difference is that it gives players incentive to PvP others, rather than just being an ass and camping someone.

I'm just trying to look at it from both sides.
I personally don't like PvP most of the time, and if I was attacked and died while trying to build something, I'd be a bit upset. I'd get over it because it's just a game, but others get really upset over it and then it just causes a lot of problems like we had earlier in the week. (Don't think it was even bounty related though)

cz 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 17:54 
Pretty useless (63)
My personal oponion is that PvP should not be allowed at all, unless we want there kids who kills everyone they meet for no reason. And BTW, are there any plans to revive CMP, or it's just gone forever?

us 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 21:17 
Geek (733)
I don't see a good reason to remove a major portion of the multiplayer experience of minecraft like PvP battles are. It adds competitiveness as well as making sure you give a good impression to the people on the server so you can make friends and such.

As for CMP we are waiting to see what the player base looks like over an extended period of time before we go through and update it.

fi 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 00:27 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
zelit12345 wrote:
My personal oponion is that PvP should not be allowed at all, unless we want there kids who kills everyone they meet for no reason. --
This is why we used to have toggleable PvP.
PvP should be disabled in every bloody multiplayer game there is, with the exception of games or gamemodes (such as GMod's TTT) where PvP is the whole point of the game (though still not on the basis of "kill everyone", but "work together and kill few").

PvP is one of the reasons I stopped playing again and re-started playing LOTRO.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 01:15 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Very fair point. I've removed the bountys as it has been getting a bit crazy. Perhaps if someone can find a good PVPToggle plugin and people want it we could implement that

us 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 02:26 
Res your area and boom, no more PvP unless you want it.

fi 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 18:47 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
jdue722blues wrote:
Sure, just let me zone the entire world so I can move freely. Oh my, is it my wallet that's crying?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 21:05 
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
jdue722blues wrote:
Sure, just let me zone the entire world so I can move freely. Oh my, is it my wallet that's crying?

Better get fighting those mobs and selling items :5: