Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:22

All times are UTC+01:00

cz 
 Post subject: Silk spawners
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 21:46 
Pretty useless (63)
I think it would be nice if we had there something to obtain the spawners (for example using silk-touched tools).

I found something like this after a little searching: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/silkspawners/
Its updated to 1.7.2 and seems working

What do you think?

ro 
 Post subject: Re: Silk spawners
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 22:05 
Has learned to write! (185)
It certainly has its benefits but I cannot help to think that it might take a few things out of the game. For say new users wont get access to spawners as the ones that we didn't initially take interest in are now movable. Thus useful.

If we can take spawners we should be also able to buy or sell them. And I don't really like the way it might be heading towards.

Though, nonetheless we could try it and see where it leads to...

us 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 22:12 
Geek (733)
I think that would take quite a bit of luck and/or difficulty out of the game. It would move from "Wow! I got lucky and there's a mob spawner near my base. Awesome! I just have to take the time to build a trap." To "I'll just take this spawner and place it over a large drop."

us 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 22:15 
Geek (883)
Cool!!! I like this idea!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

cz 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 22:26 
Doesn't get out much (379)
But where's the fun and challenge in that? ;)

us 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 01:39 
Geek (883)
Eh there's enough fun in the game. I like this idea bc you can put multiple spawners in one space and have multiple mobs spawn at once

us 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 02:27 
Geek (733)
I also feel this could completely ruin the economy with very minimal effort. Mbl and I discussed while building the map the plugin for mob bounties, and that there was no way to discern between naturally spawned mobs and spawner spawned mobs. Unless this has changed, this will allow you to kill many, many mobs at the same time. This would give everyone a substantial amount of money that even the current economy with the changing prices probably can't compensate for. If there's no way to distinguish between natural and spawner spawned, then it could pretty much guarantee that the map would need to be reset at the next update. That's not even taking into account what people could possibly sell the Diablo Drops tools and weapons at. (If they can be dropped from spawner spawned mobs)

us 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 03:46 
Geek (839)
CoDxFeedz wrote:
I also feel this could completely ruin the economy with very minimal effort. Mbl and I discussed while building the map the plugin for mob bounties, and that there was no way to discern between naturally spawned mobs and spawner spawned mobs. Unless this has changed, this will allow you to kill many, many mobs at the same time. This would give everyone a substantial amount of money that even the current economy with the changing prices probably can't compensate for. If there's no way to distinguish between natural and spawner spawned, then it could pretty much guarantee that the map would need to be reset at the next update. That's not even taking into account what people could possibly sell the Diablo Drops tools and weapons at. (If they can be dropped from spawner spawned mobs)
Thanks for letting everyone know Cod :roll:

be 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 16:57 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
CoDxFeedz wrote:
The plugin knows the difference between natural spawns and spawner mobs :)

us 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 05:05 
Has learned to write! (161)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
CoDxFeedz wrote:
The plugin knows the difference between natural spawns and spawner mobs :)
Yes, spawner mobs do not give money. mcmmo exp, or diablo drops, the only think you get are vanilla items and exp

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

ro 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 19:45 
Has learned to write! (185)
As Ap4 said, spawned mobs will drop any type of armor the said mob spawns with in the spawner if it does drop. That being: gold, leather, chainmail, diamond and died leather and of course items. Them being bows, and the said armors with low-level enchants depending on spawner and luck.

Whilst of course it is not by any means too big of a deal. But the sudden possibility of purchasing and/or moving mob spawners will set a monopoly for said persons that get the most mob spawners. If that does not happen and people are able to get one for let's say each base or town, the issue at hand will be that new players will be overwhelmed by people with means of getting high-level enchanted armor whom are bored and kind of picky and will possibly not be able to get enough coin to buy them as I presume they'll be rather expensive.

Making them cheap will take away an essential part of the game as users will have it, making them in some means obsolete. Many will indulge in activities such as pvp and mining and thus rendering the server dead in a matter of months due to the scarcity of the overall resources...
Also this means the people that actually kill regular mobs will get the most out of their diablo drop items making them basically Gods as one will not be arsed to actually kill mobs for gains as he has them spawning right under his bare feet.

One can argue people will build, I don't really think most do nor will. To summarize this and put it simple: we tried it in maps before, it didn't work out too well.

Those are my several cents and a dime. Shineh~

us 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 08:24 
Geek (883)
Why don't we do a test run with it and see how it works with the inflation and all?

au 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 04:55 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Sounds good Tsc. The market *should* in theory stabilize itself around things like this.

I'll add this some time tonight