It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:58

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Quests
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2014, 21:45 
Illiterate (12)
Hello There!

I have a suggestion: Quests/Dungeons!

A few days ago, i made a small jumping puzzle dungeon that looks like a quest.
Quote:
QUEST: There has been an emergency signal transmitted from coördinates "X:2417 Z:-1203".
Its up to you to find out what happened.
My idea is to make a few teleportation methods to the starting location of these quests to make it more easy for people living across the map.
This way we could make multiple, more detailed, more fun quests for everyone to enjoy with a group of friends or other players.

Greetings,
Tom1397
Below this tekst are the ideas pulled from the discussion so you don't have to read everything.

Idea: System
Quote:
Maybe warps are a good idea for these things, we could have a (public?) warp at the starting position of each quest, and even some at villages/towns to bring people together.
It is also easier to manage the quests if it's possible to warp to them.
Idea: System
Quote:
Another idea that just came to my mind for the system:
1. Obtain quest-scroll from NPC
2. Use scroll to go to quest
3. Get "object" at the end of the quest
4. Hand "object" to NPC
Idea: Location
Quote:
A Quest hub is also a great idea, like a specific place/castle where all the quest npc's are located.

Last edited by tom1397 on 20 Mar 2014, 12:42, edited 6 times in total.

us 
 Post subject: Re: Quests
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2014, 22:26 
Geek (839)
This is a good suggestion! As you may, or may not, know we already have a quest system set up, but this definitely could be added to the list.

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2014, 22:35 
Illiterate (12)
I had a small conversation with adog about it, and we both agreed that (a few public) warps bring people together...
For example you could meet up in a town/city to do something, or you could warp to a quest as a group to have some fun.
It would also be a lot easier to improve and manage quests since travelling to it takes ages.

au 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 01:16 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Sounds pretty good tbh. The problem with the scroll warping is that you need to carry the scroll with you all the time.

As for the quest what sort of rewards do you see being given to players?

us 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 07:44 
Has learned to write! (161)
well you could have an npc people could go to to get a quest just like how you currently get the scrolls, maybe have some quests have be ways to unlock quest via a scroll to the next quest, you could make series of quests where the further you go the better the reward, you could make money or certain equipment be rewards... would we be able to make dungeons with set bosses that have specific drops?

I would be interested in making quest areas and stuff too, and I could hurry up and finish my build to be a hub for quests...

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 12:38 
Illiterate (12)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Sounds pretty good tbh. The problem with the scroll warping is that you need to carry the scroll with you all the time.

As for the quest what sort of rewards do you see being given to players?
Another idea that just came to my mind:

1. Obtain quest-scroll from NPC
2. Use scroll to go to quest
3. Get "object" at the end of the quest
4. Hand "object" to NPC
(will put this in starting post)

5. Receive reward.
AP4rk3dC4r wrote:
well you could have an npc people could go to to get a quest just like how you currently get the scrolls, maybe have some quests have be ways to unlock quest via a scroll to the next quest, you could make series of quests where the further you go the better the reward, you could make money or certain equipment be rewards... would we be able to make dungeons with set bosses that have specific drops?

I would be interested in making quest areas and stuff too, and I could hurry up and finish my build to be a hub for quests...
A Quest hub is also a great idea, like a specific place/castle where all the quest npc's are located.

Unlocking quests by doing them might be hard to make, so lets keep it easy... the idea is to have a few quests/puzzles for entertainment, not to change the server into a quest-server. good idea though.

us 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 03:52 
Has learned to write! (161)
what I meant by that is have the item you get at the end of one quest be the scroll to another is all, maybe make getting to the hub something like with the initial quest that unlocks the scroll traders.

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.