Less Plugins (More Vanilla) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Keep Current Plugins 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Let's Have Mini-Games! 16%  16%  [ 11 ]
Let's Not Have Mini-Games 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 70
us 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 06:32 
Has learned to write! (161)
So another idea I had for the economy is something I've gotten from Realm of the Mad God, another game I play. The game is a bullet hell mmo sort of like gauntlet where you pick a class like wizard warrior paladin etc. and then you work to max your level, but stats aren't just raised by leveling, as you kill higher level enemies they drop potions that permanently boost your stats.

They have a trading system in the game and all items value is based completely on these stat potions. The reason the economy works is because the potions have their own value and the market is more like a stock market than anything. Prices go up and down with supply and demand and are influenced by how many potions and rare items are brought in.

I said in an earlier post something about emeralds and their flaws and I was basing it off of what I have seen in this game. I think if we picked an item that people would want more than just for a currency and made that the standard it might make the economy more stable, it would also put a limit on the currency as there would only be as much as people found/made. It would also mean that, like Jams idea, the total amount of currency would raise as people joined because they would then work to find/make their own naturally as a part of Minecrafting.

I still think Res' should be limited to just stopping other players if we are going try and raise the difficulty.

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 08:06 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
AP4rk3dC4r wrote:
So another idea I had for the economy is something I've gotten from Realm of the Mad God, another game I play. The game is a bullet hell mmo sort of like gauntlet where you pick a class like wizard warrior paladin etc. and then you work to max your level, but stats aren't just raised by leveling, as you kill higher level enemies they drop potions that permanently boost your stats.

They have a trading system in the game and all items value is based completely on these stat potions. The reason the economy works is because the potions have their own value and the market is more like a stock market than anything. Prices go up and down with supply and demand and are influenced by how many potions and rare items are brought in.

I said in an earlier post something about emeralds and their flaws and I was basing it off of what I have seen in this game. I think if we picked an item that people would want more than just for a currency and made that the standard it might make the economy more stable, it would also put a limit on the currency as there would only be as much as people found/made. It would also mean that, like Jams idea, the total amount of currency would raise as people joined because they would then work to find/make their own naturally as a part of Minecrafting.

I still think Res' should be limited to just stopping other players if we are going try and raise the difficulty.
I am mainly a building type so I don't really care about the rest. But I haven't touched res this map merely because I don't feel the need to collect a garbage pile of money to res my giant build and then having to collect more of it to keep that res.

Also, I would like to add my suggestion of having some builder ranks so we builders can have it a bit easier in things like res and maybe other stuff. Last few maps haven't really been builder friendly!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

be 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 14:08 
Crap at posting (46)
I'm also mainly a builder, but i don't think there should be special builder ranks. I don't see what they would add and a discount to res seems unfair unless it's a server build.

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

us 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 22:01 
I think that other than the boss mobs and fire spread being on, there wasn't anything severely difficult about building except maybe supply gathering on this last map.

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

us 
PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 00:56 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
AP4rk3dC4r wrote:
I think that other than the boss mobs and fire spread being on, there wasn't anything severely difficult about building except maybe supply gathering on this last map.
Yea, you need to finish those tree things :-P

us 
PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 02:29 
Geek (733)
frankwj1 wrote:
I am mainly a building type so I don't really care about the rest. But I haven't touched res this map merely because I don't feel the need to collect a garbage pile of money to res my giant build and then having to collect more of it to keep that res.

Also, I would like to add my suggestion of having some builder ranks so we builders can have it a bit easier in things like res and maybe other stuff. Last few maps haven't really been builder friendly!
I really don't think survival should be builder friendly. We had CMP up for months just for the purpose of enjoying your building and showing it off to others. Barely anyone came on CMP. Survival is meant with one purpose, to survive.(Perhaps even thrive) With plugins we can extend longevity by adding more difficulty or quests to do. Now server builds however, if approved, could be easier for people to build with res costs and such, but you'd still need to come up with your own materials for quest housings and such more than likely.

us 
PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 06:57 
jdue722blues wrote:
AP4rk3dC4r wrote:
Yea, you need to finish those tree things :-P

The only reason it was taking so long is because MCmmo wasn't updated fully and I couldn't quickly harvest the newer trees. It also doesn't help that acacias grow in such an odd way...

nl 
PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 14:09 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]CoDxFeedz wrote:
I really don't think survival should be builder friendly. We had CMP up for months just for the purpose of enjoying your building and showing it off to others. Barely anyone came on CMP.
I disagree on that, there were quite some players on CMP during the time I've been able to moderate it properly, though, after the summer ended and I (and most likely everyone else) had to get back to school and work, it got less visited, which is a shame in my opinion because I think we had something nice besides SMP.
On the other hand, this is our main concern for our player base, we don't really get people from outside, meaning we rely on our own players within the community, who are busy during the non-holiday 'seasons' as you might want to call 'em.

cz 
PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 19:02 
Pretty useless (63)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
I disagree on that, there were quite some players on CMP during the time I've been able to moderate it properly, though, after the summer ended and I (and most likely everyone else) had to get back to school and work, it got less visited, which is a shame in my opinion because I think we had something nice besides SMP.
On the other hand, this is our main concern for our player base, we don't really get people from outside, meaning we rely on our own players within the community, who are busy during the non-holiday 'seasons' as you might want to call 'em.
I totally agree, I'd also really like to see CMP coming back,
though it was empty almost all the time (like SMP nowadays)

us 
PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 03:50 
Geek (883)
Yo I just want a fresh map that has cool plugins like diablo drops, blood moon, giants and just fun, exciting plugins. Along with a more difficult setting. I like vanilla survival with some cool plugins. I liked the towny market place, maybe implement that into it, not towny, just the market. I didnt really like the quests, mainly because you had to walk so far, even with speed boost it was far. And the quests were kinda boring as well. I like the idea of mini games but we all know people are going to get tired of them at one point so getting people to play will be a future a few weeks after the new map comes out. Maybe we introduce a new game/ event each weekend to keep numbers up. Like a weekly uhc, but it can be like sethbling's building game, or a spleef tourney and implement a donator rank where whomever donates have a special item that helps them in the type of event. With cmp, I mean I'm sure the builders of the server will enjoy it, but smp people won't really get into it.

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

fi 
PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 04:24 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
-- I didnt really like the quests, mainly because you had to walk so far, even with speed boost it was far. And the quests were kinda boring as well. --
This is because they were just something small mbl set up, we've had no-one actually making quests. The language itself is rather simple, it'll just require a lot of work to make them more complex and interesting, and make them reasonable. Most RPG players actually hate collection quests, go there and bring me five items, kill ten enemies, but since they're the easiest ones to make, they're the most prevalent quests in games today. Having a story line will take ages to create. I tried to get the shit to work so I could write quests, but I stopped trying after a while (yes, I don't quite understand how to Spigot, how to Minecraft, how to server). Might get back on it after the university entry exams.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 15:54 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Yeah, exactly as dolf said. The questing language is extremely powerful. If we had people who could create a story and then script some quests it would add a HUGE new element to the game.

us 
PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 20:26 
Geek (883)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Maybe we introduce a new game/ event each weekend to keep numbers up. Like a weekly uhc, but it can be like sethbling's building game, or a spleef tourney and implement a donator rank where whomever donates have a special item that helps them in the type of event.
How do you feel about this?

fi 
PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 20:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Maybe we introduce a new game/ event each weekend to keep numbers up. Like a weekly uhc, but it can be like sethbling's building game, or a spleef tourney and implement a donator rank where whomever donates have a special item that helps them in the type of event.
How do you feel about this?
First we have to establish the foundation for everything. Active surveying should be conducted to build a basic idea of the needs and wishes of the community. Once we have a grasp on the situation, we can start planning further - events, games, orgies...

On the notion of special items that helps them in the type of event, we're not a P2W community - if that's what you mean. Surely there might be some perks, such as taking a second or two off of a respawn timer if there ever were to be such an event or a mini-game, with a respawn timer and all.
      Donator features, as always, will be there purely to make the donators stand out with funny commands and such. I wouldn't mind them having something little to help them get around better (such as 1.2x more mob drops and the likes, for example), but strictly P2W is bad, mmkay?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 05:09 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Yeah, exactly as dolf said. The questing language is extremely powerful. If we had people who could create a story and then script some quests it would add a HUGE new element to the game.
I might be able to help with the story and scripting of quests.

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 09:50 
Geek (883)
Just wanted to open this topic back up. The map has been up for six months...
Perhaps we should consider working on a new map?