It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:19

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Map download
PostPosted: 19 May 2014, 17:45 
Illiterate (3)
Hello

It has been a while since i've played this server and I was
wondering if there was a place somewhere to download the old maps, especially one of the earlier maps with the spawn castle, sparadise city and iron city (not sure if iron city is the right name).
I would really like to take a look again on this map and later ones cause I've played so much on them.

If there is no place to download them, is it maybe possible to have them being uploaded somewhere? It would be really really awesome. :D

Thanks a lot,

Remcodd

us 
 Post subject: Re: Map download
PostPosted: 19 May 2014, 22:10 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
It would be awesome, just to see what everyone else was hiding in their chests :ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 19 May 2014, 23:32 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Realistically, I don't see us releasing the maps. It may be cool to have mbl host them for a single weekend allowing flight and chest/redstone access(This excludes building access) to let everyone see our history.

But, either way, its up to him.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 May 2014, 00:02 
Illiterate (3)
But why would it be a problem releasing them so we can use them for our single player world?

Seeing all of those old stuff back and our first stuff on this server (and Minecraft alpha in general for me) is something I'd really really like. And I think I'm not the only one

us 
PostPosted: 20 May 2014, 03:32 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Well, I know back when he who shall not be named was in charge he wouldn't release the maps on account that people would try to take credit for the builds on them. That and other reasons as well... Anyway, I too think it will be fun to see these maps come back for a little bit so people can see the history of the server. :ugly:

au 
PostPosted: 20 May 2014, 11:36 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
I do like the history tour idea. Perhaps it can be setup so that from the hub server, players can join the 'museum' and then warp to points of interest. They'd be given flight and such, but they won't be able to build/destroy or make container changes.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 May 2014, 12:26 
Illiterate (3)
Ok well if we can't download them, the tour option will do fine as well I think. I hope it isn't much work so I can be implemented soon :D

us 
PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 06:52 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
I do like the history tour idea. Perhaps it can be setup so that from the hub server, players can join the 'museum' and then warp to points of interest. They'd be given flight and such, but they won't be able to build/destroy or make container changes.
That may just be the greatest idea I have ever heard. Reminds me of the hall of fame from freebuild! :ugly: