Reset the map near all towns 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wait for update to reset 80%  80%  [ 20 ]
Keep the map 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 25
us 
 Post subject: Do we reset the map?
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 20:45 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Once again we get to the point in the server where users die down and the server becomes generally a shit hole near the start. I know we have a great map all together, but this idea has been on everyone's mind and needs to be discussed.

Do we get a new map? Do we reset the map only near the towns? Do we keep the map?

Any other ideas are welcome!

Please vote AND post on this subject with good reason backing your decision!

us 
 Post subject: Re: Do we reset the map?
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 21:32 
Illiterate (4)
I'm not sure which option I want.

Is there any option of build transfers? I currently have a underground Obsidian Base and it takes awhile to to gather the Obsidian. Also, any chance of chest transfers? I would like if we could bring some supplies to the new map.

If the map is completely reset and i'm sure that would include mcmmo skills. Then It would be cool to do a mcmmo double xp week or at least a xp boost compared to the normal amount.

So I guess my vote right now would be Yes to a map reset. With the condition of being able to transfer my build at least. And one double chest would be cool as well.

If a build transfer isn't an option then, I'd vote no to a complete map reset. Near towns would be fine though. I don't live near any towns as far as I know.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 00:17 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
So far everyone is for resetting the map at some point. I'm interested to see how this goes.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 05:13 
Has learned to write! (161)
seeing as I have just put like 6-8 hours on a new build I would like a chance to either finish it or save it, but only what I've already made, I'm fine with having to gather resources and what not again.

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 06:39 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
I just want to keep my "wrath of mbl" sword :?

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 23:16 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Is there a way to keep inventory and just clear the entire map? If so let players get whatever they want to keep and clear the map.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 05:44 
awesomefriends56 wrote:
Is there a way to keep inventory and just clear the entire map? If so let players get whatever they want to keep and clear the map.
The would delete my builds and gathered materials for said builds

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 06:26 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
I would like a map reset besides I think maybe anyone who is a member or higher should have access to a supple kit that would only be single use. Which would contain some decent tools and some building materials. Just so people do not bring a chest full of items. The only problem I see with bringing over a chest full of items is that someone could put all their amazing tools and their diamonds, which would give them a unfair advantage over anyone who did not bring over a chest full of items.
Well that is my two cents.

Regards,
RedBanana

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 06:54 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Wait for the update. Bring bigger builds if reasonably requested, but bring no items. No kits for the new map.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 11:24 
Geek (883)
If the update comes out before summer vacation ends for is Americans, then yes wait for the update. If it comes out towards the beginning of the new school then we should reset the map before the update. People are gonna get busy with school and won't be able to play as much.
The update looks amaZing so the school part probably won't affect what I stated earlier. One thing for sure is that I probably not gonna play on the map bc my keyboard is broken, and I'm too lazy to order a new one. :ugly:

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 16:55 
Pretty useless (66)
I agree to resetting the map after the update.

We would almost have to create 2 maps then. a 1.7.10 and after a month we would need a 1.8

In my eyes that is a waste of time, because the 1.8 update is coming soon, not sure when, but soon.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 17:13 
Geek (733)
I don't see much of a point in doing anything until the update arrives. We need to start getting everything ready for the update as soon as possible, ane sud makre we are prepared, when all the plugins update, to reset everything.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 17:18 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
Yea, we need the guards to come back so noobs can get wrecked when attacking them :-P

Plus, I chuckle when I see the announcement about the black market and remember that the guy is not there.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 08:27 
Geek (883)
One of the mind crackers (bdoubleO) mentioned the new mindcrack map would be reset when the update came out. So I'm guessing the 1.8 release will be around July 19. So we should work on the new map preparations.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 14:01 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Sounds good Tsc. So what is it that you guys want on the new map?

Do we want MCMMO?, protections?, money from mobs? etc.
Are there any new things that we might want to try?

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 14:52 
Geek (733)
From Arbo's poll previously, it would seem that people want basically the same type of setup, but harder. I personally like McMMO, and that could be a big thing that people like about our server. We should definitely work on everything. Even if it does come out July 19th, there will still be a period of a few weeks where everything has to update. That should give us the time to not only work on SMP, but everything else as well.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 16:17 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]CoDxFeedz wrote:
From Arbo's poll previously, it would seem that people want basically the same type of setup, but harder. I personally like McMMO, and that could be a big thing that people like about our server. We should definitely work on everything. Even if it does come out July 19th, there will still be a period of a few weeks where everything has to update. That should give us the time to not only work on SMP, but everything else as well.
On that note, would it be smart to do another temp map while we prepare the new map? It's a smart move if we want to get players dripping in, I don't know what you guys' experiences with temp maps are, though. It's always worth a shot, no?

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 16:36 
Geek (733)
From what I've heard from players during temp maps, they don't like them. I don't either. I'd rather wait it out instead of starting a temp map just for a month or so just to turn around and update the server and have a new map again.

fi 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 17:01 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]CoDxFeedz wrote:
From what I've heard from players during temp maps, they don't like them. I don't either. I'd rather wait it out instead of starting a temp map just for a month or so just to turn around and update the server and have a new map again.
Bah, at least temporary settings keep them occupied. They know they're going to lose everything soon, so they don't put that much effort in crying. They just have fun.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 17:32 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Something I've wanted to try for a while is to build the server up from a 'temp' map.

For instance, we create a fresh temp map for the update. This however is not a temp map, it is the new legit map. Whats good is that we can set a world border and such meaning people can't run off too far. As things update, we can then slowly add them in, such as protections and MCMMO.

So firstly, what do you think of that?
and secondly, what kind of protection system do you want?

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 17:38 
Geek (733)
I'd be fine with that. I think that as long as we start it out difficult enough that it can be transitioned into a more plugin based server as time progresses. It'd also be nice if the admin mode switcher thingy came back. I think it solved any problems that could be faced with abuse, and if we can find a plugin like it that actually functions properly, that would be fantastic.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 17:45 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Yeah that sounds good. Feel free to have a look for something, if not I will look around later.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 19:33 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
I like the idea of building up from a 'temp map'. However, temp maps have been a mess when it comes to guests placing random blocks all over the place but also griefing a lot. If we can manage to moderate this then I think it shouldn't be a big issue, but the question is, how do we do this without plugins? :ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 20:39 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
We should figure out a way to port bans we have done to a single text file, if they aren't already. Then put that into the vanilla minecraft and we have solved half our problems.

We need to do what we've done over and over again, find good solid guys we can trust with notch op and let them build up little towns and stuff for users to do. Remember the DJ station? That was good fun for weeks. Remember the wooden town that allowed literally anyone in? That was good fun for weeks. Interaction is how we get the users back.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 22:12 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
We should figure out a way to port bans we have done to a single text file, if they aren't already. Then put that into the vanilla minecraft and we have solved half our problems.

We need to do what we've done over and over again, find good solid guys we can trust with notch op and let them build up little towns and stuff for users to do. Remember the DJ station? That was good fun for weeks. Remember the wooden town that allowed literally anyone in? That was good fun for weeks. Interaction is how we get the users back.
If I remember right bukkit's banlist is kinda like vanilla's just we would have to reason from the bukkit banlist then it would work in vanilla. I may be wrong it has been awhile since I have messed with anything bukkit related.

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 22:21 
I like the idea of keeping the temp map and just adding to it but i also agree that the areas around spawn will need to be cleaned up as stuff is added because people do like to make towers and holes.

I still think that if we have protections they should only stop other players and fire from doing damage I think creeper damage should be allowed everywhere except maybe server hosted areas, and mob spawning shouldn't be able to be turned off. When we do these things it takes away all of the challenge of the game which is why people get bored with it so fast.

With money I still think that markets should be more limited and if we can either make the npcs with "farming" quests or get a plug-in that makes testificates make trades that people will actually want it would be better. I also think using an actual in game item or items as currency would be better as long as we pick something that can't be infinitely farmed. so maybe like Lapis to give it value or maybe emeralds to give them more value. The last time I heard anything about updates I heard they were going to start using lapis in enchanting but I don't know if that was kept.

We should definitely keep mcmmo it is one of the most popular plug-ins on the server and fit well with quests if we do them.

I have been trying to be on irc more often and if I could talk to someone on there about my builds or with messages here I'd appreciate it.

With what GB said about the things we had around spawn that people had fun with for a while, we could maybe make mazes or puzzles or something just to see if people like it...

cz 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014, 02:19 
Doesn't get out much (379)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
One of the mind crackers (bdoubleO) mentioned the new mindcrack map would be reset when the update came out. So I'm guessing the 1.8 release will be around July 19. So we should work on the new map preparations.
From what I talked with Searge they are squashing lots of bugs, but they are feature complete and even they do not know release date for 1.8 yet...

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 02:03 
Geek (839)
Okay I'm throwing an idea out, so don't yell at me too much. (Looking at you held.) From what I've read, and not read, I've picked up a few ideas and inputs. One: from what you said mbl, I definitely like the idea of starting a temp map, then just "building" the new map. However, knowing guests and so on, not all builds will be good, and nothing will be "temporary". What I'm thinking, is start the temp map, let the players build things they think would be helpful for the server, and then when the update occurs we wipe the entire map, excluding the few player builds that we accept to be server builds. Not sure if you all remember or not, but back on FB we had a special forum for judges to judge the certain builds that were in the contests, and then decide the winners. We could do something of the same sort, but instead of making a private forum we just make a public post: listing the builds and picture of each, which players could "enter" their build in the comments, and then as a community we vote for server builds. Sorry if this post is a bit rambled, I have lots of ideas and I'm just kinda coming out with all of them. Along with a temp map, do we want a separate server for selected players to build a hub, and whatever else SpA decides to have? This includes but not limited to: Prison, SG, SkyBlock, etc. These are a couple ideas, more to come so don't worry :D

Edit: Was just let know there is already a hub. Excuse that.
Edit 2: By temporary, I meant guranteed :)

Last edited by Arbogeddon on 24 Jul 2014, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 06:34 
Geek (883)
Why don't we have a mumble meeting this weekend and we can ramble ideas out to each other. And better understand each others plans. Don't shoot me down for this, but it could clear things out and get things across.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 06:44 
Geek (839)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Why don't we have a mumble meeting this weekend and we can ramble ideas out to each other. And better understand each others plans. Don't shoot me down for this, but it could clear things out and get things across.
Can't this weekend unless late Friday night. (Err, 48 Hours exactly)