Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:17

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
PostPosted: 07 May 2016, 13:10 
Has learned to write! (169)
alright, so me and _blueflame_ came up with an idea for a refreshable mine.

this is how it looks when it is untouched:
but under the first layer of stone, there is ores

we thought that we should have multiple mines so not everyone is digging in 1 mine.

we have 2 ideas to seperate the mines:
ranks
rent

the ranks could go like this

rank1: a mine with coal ores
rank2: a mine with coal and iron ores
rank3: a mine with coal,iron and gold
rank4: a mine with coal, iron, gold and redstone
rank5: a mine with coal, iron, gold, redston and lapis
rank6: a mine with coal, iron, gld, redstone, lapis and quartz
rank7: a mine with coal, iron, gold, redstone, lapis, quartz and diamonds
rank8: a mine with coal, iron, gold, redstone, lapis, quartz, diamonds and emeralds

ranks could be achieved by exp or in-game money

the rent depends on the mine, the more diffrent ores, the more expensive the mine becomes.

the ores in the mine should be sellable for 120% of the price of normal ores (if possible to do so) so players want to dig in this mine and not randomly around the map

let me know if there is something we should change or if you have tips!

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

au 
PostPosted: 07 May 2016, 17:54 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
I don't understand the point of having a special mine like this? Can't players just go around and mine ores in the natural world? The only incentive would be the price boost, which might not be possible (Maybe?).

us 
PostPosted: 07 May 2016, 23:39 
Geek (733)
I think this drifts away from the idea of a survival server. By not making players go look for resources out in the natural world, they are also having an easier time at gathering these resources. I think you should explain more of the thought process behind the idea, so that we can understand a bit better.

au 
PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 11:50 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
This is the main idea:

1. Players purchase a mining plot.
This plots could refresh weekly/daily. There would be varying types of plots, containing different concentrations of ores, at at different costs.
The cost of each plot would be dirrectly proportional to the amount of value (sellable ores) in the plot.

For example:
Plot A (16x16x16 blocks) has concentrations of ores at these values; 80% Stone, 15% Coal, 5% Iron (This WE command may be used to refresh the plot:
Given that the dimensions of the plot are 16x16x16 blocks.
Therefor, Plot A would contain:
- 16*16*16 * 0.8 = 3277 (nearest whole number) Blocks of Cobblestone
- 16*16*16 * 0.15 = 614 (nearest whole number) Items of Coal
- 16*16*16 * 0.05 = 205 (nearest whole number) Blocks of Iron Ore

Based on this, we can determine a price for using the mining plot:
- Let sell price of Cobblestone (CSs) = 1$ pr block
- Let sell price of Coal (Cs) = 5$ pr item
- Let sell price of Iron Ore (IOs) = 11$ pr item

Which means that the total value of the mine would be (MineValue):
3277 * 1$ + 614 * 5$ + 205 * 11$ = $8602

Suppose we want players being able to make a small profit by, mining at the mine and then selling resources.
Prehaps at +10% profit gain?
Then, we can determine the cost of using mine plot A (MinePlotACost):

MineValue = MinePlotACost * 1.1
Therefor; MinePlotACost = MineValue/(1.1)
MinePlotACost = $8602 * 1.1 = $7820

Meaning that a player would make a profit of (MineValue - MinePlotACost) $8602 - $7820 = $782 (+ McMMO mining levels [Prehaps a boost in the XP return when mining in these plots?])
2. Players spend time mining out resources.
3. Player walk out of the mine.
4. Players sell (or keep) resources at the Smelting Guild, for a price greater than that at the player markets.
One problem with this idea (that you probably already have thought of):
Wouldn't it be more economically efficent to mine elsewhere in the world (not have to spend thousands on a mining plot), and then come back and sell resources? Well. In the example I gave above that is probably true... But you can easily solve this by increasing the concentration of ores, such that the concentration of ores in Plot A would be greater than any 16x16x16 cube elsewhere in the world.

The whole idea of this is to give the guilds some purpose. Like it's a mining guild, so what? Prehaps I can sell ores there for a better price than at the player markets, what what else (in vanila & McMMO) terms is it good for?

Think of this idea as a functional job system for the player (i.e spend a few hours mining & selling & purchasing on Plot A, and then moving onto a more economically viable Plot B [higher concentrations of ores].

Let me know your thoughts.

au 
PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 14:09 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Tied to the guilds I could see it having some purpose. Perhaps we have it as a guild mine that you can only access after a certain MCMMO mining level is reached. This would help as its harder to level up the higher you get, so a higher concentration of ores would be nice.

Perhaps we could also have mines for different levels so that the higher you get, the more access you have to ores?

Again the only problem with this would be the higher availability of ores, thus the buy price in the shops will have to be lower. However it could balance nicely as a 'job' system, where players need to train in mining before they are able turn over a reasonable number of ores from the guild mines in order to make a profit at the shops?

Its something interesting that might be fun to explore, we just need to make sure that we fully understand how it will affect the serves 'eco system'.