Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:05

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
au 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 12:42 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
It has been an exciting and long 11 months since Mojang officially released 1.7, but finally we have been blessed with the release of the new update, 1.8!! For the past few months, Heldplayer and I have been discussing the logistics of the new map and have come up with some interesting ideas that will change up gameplay on the server.

The New Map

The map that we will be launching with the new server, assuming Mojang doesn't break things, will be the next official map. This means that you can build away without worrying about your creations being destroyed once Bukkit is released. Keep in mind that due to us running pure vanilla there is nothing by means of protection, so you must be careful with your belongings.

Spawn

With this new map we want to try and promote a closer community of players and make the server seem more alive. To do this we are trying a new style of spawn, one which will transform into a living spawn town where players can buy areas and construct shops/houses or any other sort of facility they wish to make. There is also the spawn center which will be available for someone to construct something grand. (Should you be interested please let Heldplayer or myself know.) This unfortunately will not be publicly available until we get Bukkit in place, so use this 'down' time to gather resources and plan what you wish to make.

Special builds/creations

Although we will be offering plots to build in at spawn, there is still the rest of the map for players to explore and build amazing creations. This new map we wish to promote a healthy mix of building, combat and survival. With this new ideal we want to see some fantastic creations built. Certain builds, such as Matt and Mongo's Eco Tower (not necessarily as gigantic, but similarly cool), will be given a server protection along with the possibility of some form of public teleportation. These can be done solo or as a team, its completely up to you. Examples of things that would be cool are - A PVP arena (either simple or with fancy redstone), Spleef stadiums, Large builds/Attractions, Novelty rides like roller coasters, ingenious redstone games or puzzles, or anything else that you can think of!

IRC

Some of you may have also noticed a strange IRC bot in the chat lately. This is because heldplayer wrote a server wrapper that allows a vanilla minecraft server to be connected to IRC. Held has also gone ahead and added in some special formatting for player names which will help distinguish admins from non-admins.

The Current Map

Over the past few years there have been many requests for the map download, to which we have always said No. However this time, we are planning on releasing the current map for you guys to download. This will not be instantly available as we will have some processing to do however there should be a download link within the next two weeks. During this time, players can still access the old map at smp.specialattack.net:25560 using the 1.7.10 version of minecraft. This time can be used to touch up areas of your build or add signs to help guide people around.

Should you wish for your build to not be included in the map release there will be a separate thread (HERE) to request that.

Keep in mind that some or all of these ideas may totally not work once things get rolling. If that is the case we will try and work something else out so that the server is still an awesome place to be. On the flip side, if you have any suggestions feel free to let us know, we may actually implement it into the server.

So without further to do, I am proud to release the brand new 1.8 map!! :rock:

Server access information
The new 1.8 server - smp.specialattack.net
The OLD 1.7 server - smp.specialattack.net:25560

us 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 14:49 
Geek (733)
I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. :5:

fi 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 15:15 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]CoDxFeedz wrote:
I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. :5:
I guess I'll be sleeping, but I know what you mean.
Time to go wreck shit up.

World status:
☐ Rekt
☐ Not rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus Rekt.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 04:07 
Geek (733)
The new map is really fun so far. Really looking forward to putting my whole weekend into it. Hopefully some of you guys will be there, so perhaps we can get a mumble party started. :17

us 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 05:43 
Illiterate (10)
stuck in a nether portal at 239, 723, 71

us 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 07:40 
Geek (883)
Finally!!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

us 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 14:40 
Pretty useless (66)
I am still very excited! The new map is amazing! :4

be 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 17:24 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
Yaaaaaaaaaay! :79

us 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 21:47 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I must say that I am in love with the new plans! Very exciting!

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 14:19 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
Don Don land is the best land.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 00:17 
Geek (839)
Are McMMO stats being reset, or are we keeping the same levels?

au 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 04:49 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Complete new map will mean a complete reset. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point to using MCMMO as lots of people already have high levels.

However on that note, Bukkit was issued with a DMCA notification by some guy mad over the whole Mojang situation, so we may not get Bukkit for a while.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2015, 10:00 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
Soooo, bout that map download. That still a possibility?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]