You might have noticed that as of yesterday, you can change your Minecraft account name.
I'd like to point out that anybody who joins with an offensive name will be banned for 30 days (the time you need to change your username again).
Changing your name can also affect some of our plugins, so we strongly advise against changing your name unless you are prepared.
Here is a list of the features that may or may not be affected by a name change:
- Permissions/ranks: These are kept, as they are stored using your account UUID rather than username
- Homes: Are not kept, as the plugin saves it based on names. If you want to change your name, log out near your home and when after changing it, reset your home as quickly as possible
- mcMMO: Player experience for this is stored with UUIDs, so will be kept
- Chest and door locks: LWC uses UUIDs to store locks
- Stargates: Ownership of gates is stored using UUIDs, so you should be able to keep the ownership
- Worldguard regions (for server builds): Also stored using UUIDs, so if you change your name you should be all good
If you have any more questions about name changes I'd like to give you a link to the official Mojang blog post
, or you can ask here.