Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:48

All times are UTC+01:00

be 
 Post subject: About name changes
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2015, 13:24 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
You might have noticed that as of yesterday, you can change your Minecraft account name.

I'd like to point out that anybody who joins with an offensive name will be banned for 30 days (the time you need to change your username again).

Changing your name can also affect some of our plugins, so we strongly advise against changing your name unless you are prepared.

Here is a list of the features that may or may not be affected by a name change:
  • Permissions/ranks: These are kept, as they are stored using your account UUID rather than username
  • Homes: Are not kept, as the plugin saves it based on names. If you want to change your name, log out near your home and when after changing it, reset your home as quickly as possible
  • mcMMO: Player experience for this is stored with UUIDs, so will be kept
  • Chest and door locks: LWC uses UUIDs to store locks
  • Stargates: Ownership of gates is stored using UUIDs, so you should be able to keep the ownership
  • Worldguard regions (for server builds): Also stored using UUIDs, so if you change your name you should be all good
If you have any more questions about name changes I'd like to give you a link to the official Mojang blog post, or you can ask here.

us 
 Post subject: Re: About name changes
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2015, 22:45 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Maybe someone could modify the homes plugin to use the UUIDs instead of the name. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard since all the other plugins already use it, just look at how they obtain the information and base the code off that. :lol:

us 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015, 01:36 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
Chests will let me access them, but apparently I don't own my own doors anymore. I'm trapped inside unless I chop down the wood next to my door to escape.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2015, 19:25 
It seems like every item that can be owned is now locked and inaccessible unless it was previously claimed. I vote that we reset the ownership of everything with a couple days of notice first, and a set date and time it will take place so people that want to keep their stuff safe can get on and do so. Just a suggestion though. It is quite annoying to have to go around all the locked chests and doors that were placed randomly. Also, there's some feature now that makes it so that anything you place is automatically set to be owned by you and locked immediately, while this is good to have it can be annoying if you're sharing a house with someone and you want to just make public chests for everyone in the house to share and what not. Something also worth looking into.

Greets :18

be 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 17:06 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
It seems like every item that can be owned is now locked and inaccessible unless it was previously claimed. I vote that we reset the ownership of everything with a couple days of notice first, and a set date and time it will take place so people that want to keep their stuff safe can get on and do so. Just a suggestion though. It is quite annoying to have to go around all the locked chests and doors that were placed randomly. Also, there's some feature now that makes it so that anything you place is automatically set to be owned by you and locked immediately, while this is good to have it can be annoying if you're sharing a house with someone and you want to just make public chests for everyone in the house to share and what not. Something also worth looking into.

Greets :18
In what way is this related to the thread?

Also, if you have problems with stuff being locked after changing your name, you can ask a supop+ to unlock it for you, provided it's actually yours.

us 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 20:21 
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
Thread is about plugins being updated, issues I pointed out arose after the plugins were updated. I'm saying literally everything that wasn't locked by someone was suddenly locked including doors which makes it very hard to navigate public areas. The updates broke things.

fi 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 21:13 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
Thread is about plugins being updated, issues I pointed out arose after the plugins were updated. I'm saying literally everything that wasn't locked by someone was suddenly locked including doors which makes it very hard to navigate public areas. The updates broke things.
Thread is not about plugins being updated, thread is about how changing your name will affect your gameplay.
As for "It seems like every item that can be owned is now locked and inaccessible unless it was previously claimed", what gave you that idea? If it wasn't locked before, it's not locked now. Unless someone came and locked them.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

be 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 11:20 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
Thread is not about plugins being updated, thread is about how changing your name will affect your gameplay.
As for "It seems like every item that can be owned is now locked and inaccessible unless it was previously claimed", what gave you that idea? If it wasn't locked before, it's not locked now. Unless someone came and locked them.
What Dolf said ^