Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:43

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2013, 12:56 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Heh - more work than I thought! :lol:
About half way through now so, with typo checks and rewrites of the rewrites, should be done in about a further week...I hope.

Then the complaints can start about what I've changed. :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 15:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Ok, this day just got weird. :shock:

I am still busily finalising the rewrite but, out of the blue, I get an email this morning from Amazon regarding my royalties. Now, keep in mind, this book has been on sale for over 2 years and I have never sold enough copies to get any money from Amazon before (they have a minimum profit line before they will pay out) so getting this was confusing.
I logged into Amazon to see a while bunch of new reviews and, on my KDP page, a report showing that, in December last year, I sold nearly 1100 copies of the book! :10

No idea what happened to cause this sudden interest but I just wanted to say a thank you to anyone who has promoted my work outside of SpA as clearly it has had a huge impact! Thanks guys! :4

I'll get the rewrite done ASAP and I'll make a post explaining the changes and my reasons for them on my blog.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 15:16 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Ok, this day just got weird. :shock:

I am still busily finalising the rewrite but, out of the blue, I get an email this morning from Amazon regarding my royalties. Now, keep in mind, this book has been on sale for over 2 years and I have never sold enough copies to get any money from Amazon before (they have a minimum profit line before they will pay out) so getting this was confusing.
I logged into Amazon to see a while bunch of new reviews and, on my KDP page, a report showing that, in December last year, I sold nearly 1100 copies of the book! :10

No idea what happened to cause this sudden interest but I just wanted to say a thank you to anyone who has promoted my work outside of SpA as clearly it has had a huge impact! Thanks guys! :4

I'll get the rewrite done ASAP and I'll make a post explaining the changes and my reasons for them on my blog.
Great news mate! I'm really excited for you about this news!

Keep up the good job mate!

il 
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 17:16 
Geek (883)
Yay! :4

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

at 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 10:41 
Geek (749)
I really think "rewriting" your book was a good choice.

As a writer if you feel that there is always room for improvement you should try and fix it.

Now if you feel that there is no room for improvement then you aren't trying hard enough.

That's just what I had a very good english teacher of mine say once and it can apply to anyone.

Best of luck Howard, regardless of what happens to it you're a very talented writer.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 21:24 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OK - one chapter left to write so I should be good to go within the next few days. Therefore, I am on the scrounge.
Is there anyone here who read my book who would be willing to test-drive the new version and see how they feel about it? I'd rather get some more feedback before I make it an official update to the current book so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone who is up for this, please email me and tell me what format you need the book in: howard@worldscapes.co.uk

Please, ONLY reply if you have already read the book, other wise the rewrite will make no sense to you!

Cheers people!

us 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 21:39 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Question, If I go buy the original, let's say, in the next month or so I read it. Will this offer still be valid? Or do you plan to be past testing then?

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 21:43 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
Question, If I go buy the original, let's say, in the next month or so I read it. Will this offer still be valid? Or do you plan to be past testing then?
If the new version goes live, it will have happened by then. I want to get this done quickly.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 21:43 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Sounds good, i will drop you an email soon about the re-write and i will jot down likes/dislikes ect ect.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 21:49 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Sorry, I should have said. This is not a full rewrite. There are just certain sections of the book that needed altering so you will not have to reread the whole damned thing. The changes account for about 25% of the book. I'll mail those who are interested a list of the changes and the reasons for it, just so you can understand why I did what I did. If the version goes live, I'll make a public blog post describing the the changes and link on Amazon just to make sure everyone is clear.

il 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 09:09 
Geek (883)
I just sent ya ass an email! Looking forward to read!

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 00:08 
Geek (733)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Sorry, I should have said. This is not a full rewrite. There are just certain sections of the book that needed altering so you will not have to reread the whole damned thing. The changes account for about 25% of the book. I'll mail those who are interested a list of the changes and the reasons for it, just so you can understand why I did what I did. If the version goes live, I'll make a public blog post describing the the changes and link on Amazon just to make sure everyone is clear.
Howard, I am still making my way through the book, should I stop and wait for the rewrite?

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 16:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Revenge wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Howard, I am still making my way through the book, should I stop and wait for the rewrite?
Well, the rewrite will be out very son (2 weeks tops) but it does not change the outcome of the book, just the early chapters. If you are not too far in I would recommend waiting as it is a far better and more entertaining read now.