Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:40

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: I need your help
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 12:44 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Right so basically what i am doing is a documentary about differnt weird diets (like eating baby food for a week and such), with the diets that i choose, i will then go on them for about 1-2 weeks and see how much wieght i end up loosing, so if they work or not. This is where the SpA community comes in, I would like for you guys to post a comment saying any type of weird diets that you have heard of or tried. With this information i would put this in my data analysis folder and then, of course, try them out and then see if they work. Any help would be awesome, of course in the credits i can put your name if you like or just a short thank you for helping with the research. :5:

fi 
 Post subject: Re: I need your help
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 12:48 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Once I ate pretty much only chocolate for almost two months ಠ_ಠ Lost about 2kg.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 12:55 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Something says that might not work, but i shall give it a go, this isnt just a, "im doing it for a laugh" type thing, this is a full documentary that i myself am making, it is a narative story and im going to enter it to a few compitions and hopefully get it out there, just a lot of work to try and research and get all the information and interviews together, thats why im asking for everyones help :D

fi 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 13:17 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
ells551 wrote:
Something says that might not work, but i shall give it a go, this isnt just a, "im doing it for a laugh" type thing, this is a full documentary that i myself am making, it is a narative story and im going to enter it to a few compitions and hopefully get it out there, just a lot of work to try and research and get all the information and interviews together, thats why im asking for everyones help :D
You're just afraid :ugly:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

il 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 13:36 
Geek (883)
Get sick and throw up a lot. It helped for me :ugly:

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 13:39 
Community slut (13473)
Catfood, yes, it has been done!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SpA Forum

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 14:16 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
there was a student in Scotland (i think) that, to save money, ate nothing but porridge for months on end. he got scurvy - try this one at your own risk :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 14:16 
Geek (883)
The salt and pepper diet, you put like a table spoon of salt n peppa in a glass of water and drink. EVERY FRIGGIN DAY!!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 14:29 
Community slut (13473)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
The salt and pepper diet, you put like a table spoon of salt n peppa in a glass of water and drink. EVERY FRIGGIN DAY!!

That sounds incredible nasty!

il 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 14:43 
Geek (883)
We dont want him to die now would we?

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 15:15 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
There is the cotton wool diet, you eat nothing but cotton wool, there is the 3 tablespoon diet where you eat anything that can fit on one table spoon, but you can only eat 5 things, there are many and well really if i end up dyeing, would be a great documentary ending, from a film point of view of course.

Im keeping these ideas in mind, the documentary dead-line is set for december, and i'll be damned if im going to diet through december.

be 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Eat 200g-500g total of ice cubes each day!

Because of the cold temperature of the ice, your body takes energy to warm it up so you can digest/drink it, and because of the lack of any nutritions (beside a tiny bit) you don't get any energy from it back!

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 17:47 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Okay, feeling the need to post here just to stop you doing something stupid.

Please do NOT try any of the ones above, especially the salt and pepper one (could kill you outright).

There are plenty of "legitimate" (read: crackers but popular) diets that will at least not do you any harm:

Atkins: Link. Essentially you change most of your diet into protein, eating lots of meat and cutting out carbs. (Caveat here as Atkins WILL cause you massive harm in the long run but you are looking short term)
Chicken Soup Diet: Link. Sensible breakfast followed by as much chicken soup as you can eat.
Apples only diet: exactly what it says. You can eat as much apple (fresh only) as you want. Do NOT do it for more than 4-5 days though...
Cabbage Soup Diet: Link Kinda self explanatory.

Please do not do anything like the "X many litres of water a day" crap as they will fuck you up royally.

I know you are doing this with a purpose but take care. Any diet beyond just eating sensibly is fucking stupid/dangerous and categorically WILL fuck you up in some way. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 18:47 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Okay, feeling the need to post here just to stop you doing something stupid.

Please do NOT try any of the ones above, especially the salt and pepper one (could kill you outright).

There are plenty of "legitimate" (read: crackers but popular) diets that will at least not do you any harm:

Atkins: Link. Essentially you change most of your diet into protein, eating lots of meat and cutting out carbs. (Caveat here as Atkins WILL cause you massive harm in the long run but you are looking short term)
Chicken Soup Diet: Link. Sensible breakfast followed by as much chicken soup as you can eat.
Apples only diet: exactly what it says. You can eat as much apple (fresh only) as you want. Do NOT do it for more than 4-5 days though...
Cabbage Soup Diet: Link Kinda self explanatory.

Please do not do anything like the "X many litres of water a day" crap as they will fuck you up royally.

I know you are doing this with a purpose but take care. Any diet beyond just eating sensibly is fucking stupid/dangerous and categorically WILL fuck you up in some way. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.
Yeah im not legitimately going to do the mental ones, but my goal is that if there really is any worth to the ones that aren't so mental, such as you suggested the Atkins diet, im never going to do the ones such as salt and pepper, i know that just drinking pepper and water will completely make you go arse over heals, so i wont be doing that. I mostly asked about mental ones as i am going to be interviewing a nutritionist and a dietician about what effects would these so called "diets" really have on us, i will be taking part in some of the diets for experiment wise, such as is this diet better than healthy eating and exercise, but of course the ones that will really screw me up, no not a hope in hell, even if this documentary might go places im not screwing myself up just for that.

be 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 19:43 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Even the ice one? :cry:

us 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 20:11 
Has learned to write! (161)
My Brother in law does a different diet every month so I can tell you a few that I can remember.

He has done Gluten free diet,
a High protein diet where he started eating quinoa in place of other grains,
a no meat diet where he ate mostly fruit and vegetables and got protein from nuts and eggs,
and then he went a month avoiding all starches.

There are more but I can't remember them.

Good luck with your Documentary :D

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 23:54 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Even the ice one? :cry:
The ice one is just dumb and infective, not actually dangerous.
Well...actually, it could be dangerous as consuming ice will a) fuck your teeth up and b) have an affect on your stomach as it is just a bag of muscle and filling it with ice will, at best, make it go into spasms

ca 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 07:05 
Geek (776)
Butter. Un-pasteurized butter has numerous health benefits. Quite a few people consume it with every meal, which looks repulsive; but, butter is "good for you".

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 10:30 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Okay well this documentary is changing everyday,i will no longer be going on these diets for about a week, this is for general time and obviously health reasons. What i would be doing however is going on a few normal diets for a few days, just to see what its like. Thank you for all your help as you guys have helped me with my primary research :). I shall drop a link to the documentary when its finished :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 11:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
canadacanucks01 wrote:
Butter. Un-pasteurized butter has numerous health benefits. Quite a few people consume it with every meal, which looks repulsive; but, butter is "good for you".
What a load of toss.

Explain to me how a processed fat is "good for you". No food is "good for you" but as we live in a world filled with fucking morons, we have to label things as "good" and "bad". Butter however has no nutritional value that you could not find in any basic fat

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:08 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
canadacanucks01 wrote:
What a load of toss.

Explain to me how a processed fat is "good for you". No food is "good for you" but as we live in a world filled with fucking morons, we have to label things as "good" and "bad". Butter however has no nutritional value that you could not find in any basic fat
Your body needs fat. Just not the amount that we tend to feed ourselves with.

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 13:54 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
If you want to loose weight no one should need to go on any so called 'diet!' All you need to do is keep your portions down; don't have extra helpings and don't snack between meals, unless it's fruit. Eat at mealtimes! You can eat whatever you want at meal times it doesn't matter. Too much of a good thing will make you sick and become boring. Eat a varied meal that you enjoy eating. You should never have to cut or not eat what you want unless of course you have reason not too.

I've been doing that for years and I never put on weight and I never lose it. (well, sometimes I do lose weight but that's a different story.)

Exercise of course helps but you don't need to buy yourself a pair of trainers and start jogging. At least a 30 min walk each day will keep your heart fairly healthy.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 14:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

What a load of toss.

Your body needs fat. Just not the amount that we tend to feed ourselves with.
This was my point. Claims that food X has super powers pisses me off.

Anna - exactly. Diets are just loopy as all shit.

fi 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 15:24 
Has learned to write! (152)
I went on this project from march till beginning of september. My three primary rules were 1. No sugar 2. Eat full wheat instead of normal 3. no red meat. With these rules in mind I exercised every week and in the end lost 8 kg. Surprised I lost that much to be honest... I never was "over weight" :D

Why I did this? Well I was in this project with other ladies and we got help during this, but I also wanted to challenge myself if I could eat healthy.. Avoid them burgers and pizzas! And many of the things Anna said applied to this this project too. Portions and with some modifications I could eat many of the favorite foods I had before. For example tortillas. Changed the wraps to full wheat wraps. Pretty much that was it. I already had many healthy fillings in it like tomatoes and chicken and such. Oh and instead of eating many of them I might have had 1 or 2. :D

This project opened my eyes into seeing that you don't need to just go about dieting, but with small modifications you can change your daily eating habits to pretty healthy and DELIHOUSHSHSHSH habits! Been 2 months off the diet and I have got gained that 8 kg back. Maybe gained 1 kg... But that's cuz I haven't been moving as much.. :D

Best of luck to your documentary!

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 16:33 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Good on ya, Lyca! I wish I had the will power :lol:

One question though:L
[SpA]Lyca wrote:
For example tortillas. Changed the wraps to full wheat wraps. Pretty much that was it. I already had many healthy fillings in it like tomatoes and chicken and such. Oh and instead of eating many of them I might have had 1 or 2. :D
Surely you must see that it was the change in volume, not the change to "whole wheat" flour, that made the difference, right?

us 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 18:34 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Could we not agree, that the lost of weight was a combination of things? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 19:02 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:
Could we not agree, that the lost of weight was a combination of things? :ugly:
No, no we can't. The difference between regular breads and "whole-wheat" ones (and I use the quotes with purpose) is (if you are lucky) its bran content. Other than making you shit more, bran does nothing - absolutely nothing - for the human body (it is indigestible) so will contribute not one damned thing to weight loss, increase or anything else.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 19:37 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Agreeable, but, is it not true that weight loss is directly related to calorie intake. If you intake more calories then your body uses, you are going to gain weight.

Whole grain/wheat has lower calories then the normal bleached bread. If I was to eat 3 sandwiches, my calorie intake would be less with whole grain over standard bread. Which in turn, also becomes a factor in weight loss.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 20:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:
Agreeable, but, is it not true that weight loss is directly related to calorie intake. If you intake more calories then your body uses, you are going to gain weight.

Whole grain/wheat has lower calories then the normal bleached bread. If I was to eat 3 sandwiches, my calorie intake would be less with whole grain over standard bread. Which in turn, also becomes a factor in weight loss.
Well first up bleached flour isn't - at least not in the EU (and I personally buy Canadian flour that is its natural colour: yellow). White flour is not bleached, per-say, but has had things added to it which do not affect the calories. Second up, I don't buy - and can find no evidence to support - the proposition that "wholewheat" flour has a different calorie count. By weight it will of course, as a lot of the useful stuff is bulked out with crap we don't need but in use I imagine that recipes counter that. The only time (and I am judging this largely off common sense but also about 15 minutes of googling) that whole wheat could be viewed as having a lower calorie count is when it is measured by volume, wherein 1 "cup" of white flour will be more calorific than one "cup" of whole wheat flour - this is the kind of misinformation that gets passed around as fact however.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 20:56 
Has learned to write! (212)
Ok this is a true story. My story. I once weighed 250lbs and decided to lose the weight. With in 6 months of eating white fish, chicken breast, and all the veggies and fruits I would like to eat I lost 80lbs. This of course comes with a light work out of 15 - 20 minutes a day. It is always wise to do a detox before you do any diets just to reboot your metabolism. A good way to detox is to juice your veggies and fruit for about a month. I hope this helps out.

On a side note about juicing. There was a man who had nothing but juiced veggies and fruits for 6 months and lost a good amount of weight as well.

Good luck.