Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:49

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 00:49 
Geek (883)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/at ... ut-school/

People like this make me sick. Not to be racist, not trying don't be offended. If this man was Muslim the media would call him a terrorist, since he is white they'll most likely say he was "mentally disturbed". If he was black they'd say it was a hate crime.

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 00:54 
Community slut (13473)
Americans: Gun's should be legal to be sold. Everyone has the right to own a gun.
Result: Multiple mass shoot outs a year

Netherlands: Gun's are not allowed, only for profession or at club's with special permits
Result: Little firearms incidents

See where I'm going with this? :wink:

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 00:55 
Community slut (13473)
Oh, and another good start would be to stop reading/watching Fox news :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 01:04 
Geek (883)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Oh, and another good start would be to stop reading/watching Fox news :mrgreen:
I don't but this was the only news station that updated the story.

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 05:41 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Americans: Gun's should be legal to be sold. Everyone has the right to own a gun.
Result: Multiple mass shoot outs a year

Netherlands: Gun's are not allowed, only for profession or at club's with special permits
Result: Little firearms incidents

See where I'm going with this? :wink:
Finns: Guns are not allowed, obtaining one legally requires a club membership (such as a shooting range club or a hunters' club, minimum requirement is one year) and a mental integrity test.
Result: Mostly just school massacres and sniping from roofs.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 05:49 
Crap at posting (31)
Living in Newtown, it is going to mess with a lot of peoples heads. Newtown, never really has anything bad, we have drugs, sure, but never gun violence really. We have bomb threats, but it is a prank. This is the first real think to come our way. It was...strange, I knew today wasn't going to pan out right, it didn't. My cousin managed to get out, he has already started coping with what he has seen, by asking for his coat constantly. My friends and I knew a lot of the teachers and kids because of camps and the families are usually involved a lot around here. I know at least 7 people of the top of my head with family that work or go to the school. I think they are all okay, but some haven't had the chance to contact us.

It's going to change a lot around here, it ended up with a higher count than Columbine, adding on that it was kindergartners.

I can say the principal who had taken that place just over the summer was very smart, she hit the loud speaker so that the teachers knew to evacuate. It saved a lot of lives, but sadly not enough.

And Saint to respond to you, yes guns are dangerous and shit happens a lot, but, if we didn't they would be illegally smuggled, there are far too many gangs and the like for it not to happen. And also, I don't remember where, might be Switzerland, but if I remember hearing it correctly, every home has 1 AR, as to form a militia if necessary, and there are little if any incidents, of course, this could be false, but it is what I have heard.

It's just tough, I wish we knew more behind it.

us 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 06:13 
Crap at posting (40)
First off my prayers go out to those affected by this, and not just this one school incident, also that mass stabbing of children in China today.

And since we're offering our opinions on gun control here, thought I'd throw mine in.

I don't believe that having no guns would solve anything. You do know that people can break the law right?! And if this person was insane enough to murder school children, then I'm pretty sure he would be able to find a gun somehow. Having a gun for personal defense is necessary. Might I take a trip to the past when Hitler was coming to power and he told the people to give the government your guns, we will protect you. See how that turned out. Now I'm not saying we're going to have another Nazi Germany on our hands, but guns are here for our protection. A simple conceal and carry permit can save many lives when another decides to use a gun on innocent civilians. The conceal and carry can simply take out the gunner, and save some lives. Where I live, this has happened several times.
But then again not everyone needs a fully automatic assault rifle either. But a simple handgun as the man used today can be used to save lives, not take. And of course this issue can go both ways, and I know people have opinions! ^^ But once again, I wish the best for the people affected by this and the families of those that lost children, or a friend.

us 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 06:16 
Crap at posting (31)
stesser wrote:
First off my prayers go out to those affected by this, and not just this one school incident, also that mass stabbing of children in China today.

And since we're offering our opinions on gun control here, thought I'd throw mine in.

I don't believe that having no guns would solve anything. You do know that people can break the law right?! And if this person was insane enough to murder school children, then I'm pretty sure he would be able to find a gun somehow. Having a gun for personal defense is necessary. Might I take a trip to the past when Hitler was coming to power and he told the people to give the government your guns, we will protect you. See how that turned out. Now I'm not saying we're going to have another Nazi Germany on our hands, but guns are here for our protection. A simple conceal and carry permit can save many lives when another decides to use a gun on innocent civilians. The conceal and carry can simply take out the gunner, and save some lives. Where I live, this has happened several times.
But then again not everyone needs a fully automatic assault rifle either. But a simple handgun as the man used today can be used to save lives, not take. And of course this issue can go both ways, and I know people have opinions! ^^ But once again, I wish the best for the people affected by this and the families of those that lost children, or a friend.
I think for the holidays we are going to go around and give everyone food and make sure their holiday is not wasted. Just to see them happy for a brief moment in this would make me feel better.

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 07:35 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I took the 2009 amount of murders for both of 'em and checked how many % it was from the total population of the country.

US: 4.839‰
JP: 0.856‰

Amount of le murders:
US: 15,241
JP: 1,097

Le Populazion:
US: 314,941,000
JP: 128,056,026

Even if Japan's population was the same as US', there would've been only 2,698 murders (statistically, completely ignoring mass idiocy). Also, in the US the amount of handgun murders is 200 times more than in Japan. Couldn't find clear statistics on these, only going through info I found in newspapers and shit.

P.S. Finland's murders: 2.116‰, bigger than Japan's, smaller than US'. Japan bans all guns and swords to my knowing, Finland only most.

P.P.S. I'm not a mathematical genius, I'm sure I fucked up something. Or everything. Lol. My point still stands, US is a fuck-up place with guns and gangs and shit.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 14:24 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think it's pretty obvious that if the US was stricter on guns there would be less gun crime. It's logic, guns aren't easy to smuggle at all, in UK afaik a lot of the guns carried by gangs here were purchased as deactivated guns and then re-activated making them pretty shit to use. Not only are they legal to obtain in the states, but they're also very easy to buy them stolen aswell.
Samiak_ wrote:
le le le le le le le
Desist!

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 16:35 
Community slut (13473)
stesser wrote:

Let me share a story of my childhood.

In high school I was being bullied a lot because the first half year of the new school I had been in the hospital, and I joined the rest later, being an outsider.

The bullying was that badly, that if I could have gotten my hands on a gun in that time, I can say fully convinced, I would have shot up the place and killed every last mother fucker in the classroom.

Good thing for my former school is that gun's are hard to come by here, so for impulsive actions you can't get your hands on them.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 20:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
The statistics for purely handgun deaths:
48 People in Japan
8 in Great Britain
34 in Switzerland
52 in Canada
58 in Israel
21 in Sweden
10,728 in The United States

I think looking at the statistics there we can all agree something has to be done to stop this.

On black friday over 15,000 handguns were sold in America, that is 15,000 people who could potentially do crime or any other illegal activity.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 02:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Yeah, pray for whatever you like to your chosen sky fairy, but as long as those fucktards think that arming bears is a constitutional right, they are fucked (work through the joke, children).

That may sound harsh but I am not commenting on the event or the tragedy in question however at some point you have to look to your own backyard and realise you are causing the fucking problem

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 14:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Yeah, pray for whatever you like to your chosen sky fairy, but as long as those fucktards think that arming bears is a constitutional right, they are fucked (work through the joke, children).

That may sound harsh but I am not commenting on the event or the tragedy in question however at some point you have to look to your own backyard and realise you are causing the fucking problem
Bloody agreed there Howard, they always blame the people and never the guns, they should blame both, why the hell do you need an assault rifle anyway.

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 15:27 
Community slut (13473)
ells551 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Bloody agreed there Howard, they always blame the people and never the guns, they should blame both, why the hell do you need an assault rifle anyway.
Why does one need a gun at all?

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 15:58 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
ells551 wrote:

Why does one need a gun at all?
Exactly they dont, the only people who should have guns should either be top end police, or/and the army, nobody else would need a gun.

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 19:52 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
But noooo, the Muricans need shotguns to keep the neighbours out of their yards... Else your ladders might go missing!

Boring story, don't read it.

au 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
The fact is, it's still a tragedy and people still died - we shouldn't forget it. But what we also shouldnt forget are the underlying issues that caused this event: the guy's mental health, and more importantly gun control.

This man would have probably beaten the crap out of his family at home rather than shooting them if he hadnt had a gun. Less children and staff members would have died if he didnt have a gun. People have been massacred and millions around the world don't see past the sorrow. Therein lies the problem. Greater regulation, or the removal of personal firearms, or even the simple act of restricting the purchase of weapons in terms of adding personality checks and whatnot would go a very long way to mitigating the damage from violent outbursts like the one we see here.

Yes, that's a rather callous way of looking at it, but the fact is people would still be alive and this sick man (who had personality disorders and other mental issues according to the news) would have either been stopped before he could kill anyone in his own home, and many children would still be alive.

Yes people will still go on rampages. But rampages can be stopped a hell of a lot easier if you're not enabling them with objects designed specifically for killing, and nothing else. Why on earth would you need a gun anyway? Hunting? A brutal pastime which should honestly be discouraged as it's gaining pleasure from a creature's suffering. I'm sure Dick Cheney would be able to add something to that as well.

The fact that gun lobbies are fighting action at this point disgusts me. They have no right to argue anymore, not after this amount of publicity about a brutal shooting against primary school students.

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 23:38 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Ivanosauros wrote:
-- Why on earth would you need a gun anyway? Hunting? A brutal pastime which should honestly be discouraged as it's gaining pleasure from a creature's suffering. --
Well, no. Hunters make sure they shoot to kill. I personally know a couple and they love animals - hunting isn't a sport for them. Then again, it's not foxes they're hunting, neither do they do it on horseback... Still, here in Finland it's regulated as fuck. Both the weapons and hunting itself.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 01:46 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
[SpA]Ivanosauros wrote:
-- Why on earth would you need a gun anyway? Hunting? A brutal pastime which should honestly be discouraged as it's gaining pleasure from a creature's suffering. --
Well, no. Hunters make sure they shoot to kill. I personally know a couple and they love animals - hunting isn't a sport for them. Then again, it's not foxes they're hunting, neither do they do it on horseback... Still, here in Finland it's regulated as fuck. Both the weapons and hunting itself.
Bullshit. Period. Anyone who says they "love animals" yet they hunt is a fucking retard and should be given to me for 10 minutes to see the error of their lives.

Fucking imbeciles...

fi 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 02:09 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:
Bullshit. Period. Anyone who says they "love animals" yet they hunt is a fucking retard and should be given to me for 10 minutes to see the error of their lives.

Fucking imbeciles...
I love some animals, like cats, but hate others, like dogs.
One of these hunters almost punched me when I didn't give a shit when his dog died. Oh god what heatenings.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 12:22 
Community slut (13473)
Atomic weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

Let's grant everyone the right on self protection owning an A-bomb!

at 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 13:03 
Geek (749)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Atomic weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

Let's grant everyone the right on self protection owning an A-bomb!
I would like to have that nuke launcher that shot 8 nukes at once from Fallout 3.

I was never really able to successfully kill something with that without killing myself.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 13:58 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Super Mutant Behemoth

nuff said

at 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 14:33 
Geek (749)
[SpA]Ivanosauros wrote:
Super Mutant Behemoth

nuff said
I can only really think of one place where you can use that nuke launcher on a Behemoth, and that is the one location where a teddy bear is stuck in a closed shopping cart and when you open it a large Behemoth comes out.

Since the shots are spread so much apart it's quite easy for one to land right near you therefor inflicting more damage on you than the Behemoth.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 08:17 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Uhh, Capitol Building, GNR Building Plaza, and there's that one that Liberty Prime beats up on the way to the Purifier. Explore DC ruins, there are PLENTY.

Back to the topic at hand, gun lobbies are now saying that the key to safety is armed guards at all schools, and that safety can only be achieved with MORE guns, not less.

Gotta love logic.

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 08:33 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
But of course! It's such a brilliant idea. A school for 600 students would require at least two armed guards per classroom as well as guards placed ten feet apart from each other in the corridors. Upon entry to a space the students would be searched thoroughly to eliminate any possible threats. Requesting an audience with meisters and the Principal would require a mental examination by state-approved medical personnel.
      Come to think of it, it might be better to strip all students completely nude so only a orificial inspection would be necessary. Pencils can also be used as weapons, so why not switch over to finger paint? Then again, paint can be used to kill people... And fingers... Let's amputate all the limbs and make them tap keyboards with their noses. All this for their safety. But wait! What if they hack into a military satellite and start launching missiles? Oh no! Let's just let them speak, hire certified assistants to make the notes and all.
      Anything as long as the guards have at least two handguns and a rifle. For safety. Can't argue with logic, huh?
      Maybe it's best I go to sleep now so I won't write more...

us 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 05:33 
Geek (883)
I don't even know what to say anymore..
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/nyreg ... .html?_r=0

Let me just point out one thing...another Caucasian.

at 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 12:58 
Geek (749)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
I don't even know what to say anymore..
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/nyreg ... .html?_r=0

Let me just point out one thing...another Caucasian.

Him being "Caucasian" has shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's not just them using weapons to kill in cold blooded murder.

au 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2012, 08:07 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Actually, it might, since it negates the cultural stereotype associating african americans with violent crimes.