Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:20

All times are UTC+01:00

rs 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 21:21 
Illiterate (5)
Hello,

So i recently joined and I've had a few questions regarding Special attack as a community and Red Orchestra 2 Servers in general and I was hoping i could get a few answers.

1. What is the main game on special attack (so far it seems like TF2 and Minecraft)
2. Are there people that play Red Orchestra 2 seriously here?
3. Are the RO2 servers "just another game" (What I mean by that is, is the community focused on Minecraft or TF2 while they host red orchestra 2 as well)
4. Are there any clans, or groups that play red orchestra competitively or at least seriously?
5. Are there any donation perks?
6. The SPA points for donations is that just for TF2 or does that work on Red Orchestra 2 as well?
7. And lastly, are there any reserved spots for Red Orchestra 2 players that are members of the community and that donate?

Thanks in advance.

fi 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 21:52 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
1. There is no "main game", but Minecraft and TF2 indeed often are in the headlines. There's an entire subforum dedicated to Minecraft, whereas the subforum Supported Games includes subfora for TF2, RO2: Rising Storm and Other Games (the third down in http://forum.specialattack.net/index.php). Lately we've been banging Garry's Mod in a group of many every other evening.

2. As a non-RO2 player myself I can't answer that, but people seem pretty stoked about it whenever they talk about it.

3. We aren't really focused on any game, it's just that some of us play A, others play B, some play C and so on. We're a gaming community, not a [specific game insert goes here] community.

4. :< (see 2.)

5/6/7. For some games, yes. In Minecraft you get a [$] tag, which should grow your virtual penis. Not sure if donators have anything special, huehuehue. SpA points in TF2 can get you something; not sure what, but I recall it being about a reserved slot and spray permission. RO2? Not a damn clue.
      However, you shouldn't donate just to get perks. We also don't believe in Pay-2-Win politics. Donate if you like to hang around with us and want to support us :ugly:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 22:19 
Community slut (13473)
Thazzrill wrote:
Hello,

So i recently joined and I've had a few questions regarding Special attack as a community and Red Orchestra 2 Servers in general and I was hoping i could get a few answers.

1. What is the main game on special attack (so far it seems like TF2 and Minecraft)
2. Are there people that play Red Orchestra 2 seriously here? There are a few, but with all other games you need to spread your time. However, it is seriously time for me to play some RO2 again!
3. Are the RO2 servers "just another game" (What I mean by that is, is the community focused on Minecraft or TF2 while they host red orchestra 2 as well)
4. Are there any clans, or groups that play red orchestra competitively or at least seriously? I think there are, however we don't. If we play public though, we do tend to follow the game rules, so create and lead the squad, fight together, etc.
5. Are there any donation perks? Lot's of love and 2 kisses? :mrgreen: We are reworking our spapoints system to facilitate all games. However, things don't go with any schedule here, so uhmm... It's done when it's done :ugly:
6. The SPA points for donations is that just for TF2 or does that work on Red Orchestra 2 as well? Currently we've disabled spapoints for TF2 so it's not being used atm at all
7. And lastly, are there any reserved spots for Red Orchestra 2 players that are members of the community and that donate? By default all our members have full admin including reserved slots on our servers. I haven't yet taken the time though to implement them on RO2. I'll do so sometimes "soon". We can reward players then with reserved slots.

Thanks in advance.
And as last, you're always welcome to donate and claim any perks later if and when they are introduced.

Cheers,

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 00:30 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think uvpurple wanted to put a team together at some point, but I don't think he quite got the player count needed for it.

rs 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 01:53 
Illiterate (5)
I wouldn't say it is pay to win, more like if the server is for the community the actual community members should at least have a reserved spot.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 07:51 
Community slut (13473)
Thazzrill wrote:
I wouldn't say it is pay to win, more like if the server is for the community the actual community members should at least have a reserved spot.
Yea, we would never create perks that give people advantage over others.

rs 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 09:06 
Illiterate (5)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Thazzrill wrote:
Isn't there a reserved slot on the TF2 servers already?

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 12:55 
Community slut (13473)
Thazzrill wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Isn't there a reserved slot on the TF2 servers already?
There normally is, however, we've disabled spapoints at the moment so the reserved slots don't work (not for admins either).

This has to do with our spapoints implementation, as well as new rules set by the quickplay system from TF2. There are certain rules regarding reserved slots now, so we wanted to be sure to not break them so we've disabled for now to monitor the situation.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 12:59 
Community slut (13473)
To elaborate;

The spapoints system was created to give the regular players an advantage over random players. These advantages were all non-gamebreaking, such as reserved slots, the ability to use spray's, ability to decide what the next map should be, etc.

However, the spapoints system was purely created for TF2 as at the time (7 years ago) it was the only game we hosted(coming from CS before that).

We are now in the process to redesign spapoints from the ground up to make it compatible with all our games in a more easy way then would have been required if we continued building on the old implementation. The new system should be modular so we can easily add and remove games. So once the new core is done, we can start adapting it for all the games and put back a system in place again which rewards loyal players and people who donate.