Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:16

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: Armored Warfare
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 01:23 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So I know there's few people here who subject themselves to World of Tanks, which I found painfully grindy, but Obsidian's Armoured Warfare is in open beta and it's a superior clone based on my first impressions.

Mostly downloaded to blat blat things with this, but I will probably give up at tier 5 before I can get it. Having fun putting fools down until then though.

Thumbnail is a photo :<

I'm not sure I'm really into the free to play tier 1-10 etc. format, but it's significantly better in this. The vehicles are modern so they are much quicker and the game is worked to minimize camping with fast hit n run vehicles and spotting mechanics. Some features you usually have to grind or pay for in WoT are instead core parts of the game, like knowing when you've been spotted, and seeing what's damaged on enemy vehicles. Artillery is able to deploy smokes, or illuminating rounds to show hidden enemies. Artillery is shown the map to enemy artilllery as soon as it fires, targets also get a warning when this happens. So I already I like that better. Otherwise it's really quite similiar to World of Tanks or War Thunder and you'll be familiar with the controls and ui. Also there is a co-op mode against AI which earns about the same rewards as a PvP match I believe.

If you haven't played game like this before, it might take a while to realise what you're doing wrong. It's pretty simple to start with once you read the basics somewhere and know what's what.