It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:43

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: bye! it has been fun
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 21:15 
Has learned to write! (169)
hi, its me.

im saying goodbye to specialattack
i liked the community for 4 years, mostly i played minecraft, but sometimes tf2 or cs:go.
but things changed, people changed, the community changed.
i did not like some of the changes. but some changes i did like.
spa was a good community for me, i had my good times and my bad times.
but after all the time, i diddnt feel like i fit in anymore
and i diddnt always like to play.

so i decided to switch to another community.
Or see if i can fit in again.

I might visit once in a while.

goodbye,
miner.

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

Last edited by minerrobinotten on 25 Jul 2016, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

be 
 Post subject: Re: bye! it has been fun
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 21:24 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
If you think it's better to make a post stirring up drama than to actually take the time and resolve whatever conflict happened by talking to management, maybe you should step away from your computer for a bit and calm down.

Nevertheless, if you really feel like you don't want to come back feel free to do so :18

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 22:20 
Has learned to write! (169)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
If you think it's better to make a post stirring up drama than to actually take the time and resolve whatever conflict happened by talking to management, maybe you should step away from your computer for a bit and calm down.

Nevertheless, if you really feel like you don't want to come back feel free to do so :18
You might find me poseur, this
But to me you're just strenghtening my reason to leave and let me see i dont fit in with your habits.
I dont see how such a small thing needs to have a big outcome.
I tried to remove something unrelevant to make place for something relevant because the spawn is opening monday, but apparently it had such a big emotional value to some people that i had to be banned.
I might have not seen the fun out of it or just missed the point. But to me its the last straw breaks the camel’s back.

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 22:47 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah as Held said, you've chosen to leave instead of making your case. This management listens to feedback about changes, and it also reverses bans if they were unfair. What more can we do? If your ban was actually unfair then we can sort it out. I've seen quite a lot of ban, appeal and goodbye threads, and typically people don't just up and leave when they haven't done anything wrong. So you can wait for things to cool down and someone, probably mbl, can take a look at this, or you can move on. That's your choice, no one's forced you out.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 22:50 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
minerrobinotten wrote:
banned.
Alright, didn't realise this was about a ban before - ban appeal threads (which this isn't exactly but it seems close) as a rule get locked on sight. Not gonna lock this one yet but I will say that if there are personal problems then you guys need to sort it out privately (i.e don't drag it into the forums) or come see me/someone else from management if you think something's gone really wrong.

I'll leave this unlocked in the event that this stays drama free and people actually want to say goodbyes but if it's just going to be people airing dirty laundry in public it's getting locked and probably deleted/moved. I'm not taking sides in this yet and as a rule it's usually sad to see people go but just saying you guys need to keep it sane.

ed: yeah what Junco said too

us 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 23:56 
Geek (733)
Hey there. Hate to see you go man, and I hope you change your mind. You aren't actually banned (If you were, you aren't now), just removed from the whitelist. You still have [M] and everything that goes along with that, you'll just have to wait with the rest of the crowd for the official release. There wasn't much communication going on while you and the other group were building near each other, so I'll try and explain. You were all trying to do the same thing: add an interesting flair to the spawn landscape, and each of you had different ideas on going about it. Rather than each side communicating what they were doing, where, and why, it seems that destroying was simpler. Now there's some fault to be had on both sides here, and just some simple communication would've resolved it much more easily.

Again, I hope you change your mind and we see you again, but if not, best of luck to you in the future.