[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
SpA update 2018 - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:39

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: SpA update 2018
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 20:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Discord
So we've been getting a lot of feedback on Discord, a lot of people wanting more channels, and some people wanting less. So there's going to be more channels, but also less :wink:

We're adding a Looking for games channel. A news channel for discussing gaming news or just news in general. A text channel that will sit above the the voice channels so you can dump your weird images in while chatting. As for the gaming channels we're going to be a little more sensible with those and only make them for games we're actually playing, while adding channels for active games more quickly. Channels that are basically dead or useless will either be deleted or hidden if they have some actual chat inside them. Also we definitely agree that the post quality in discord can be pretty crap, so we're open to suggestions on fixing that.

Overall Discord should be bit more organised and useful, won't happen overnight so now is a good time for feedback or discussion :5:

Membership

So we had a chat about membership and we agreed it is not important as it was some years ago, but it still by default gives you an admin role on anything we host or use. We do expect though that if you are a member of SpA that you don't behave like a dick or trash people in game. Every SpA member should have read The Holy Bucky Text when they joined, but the general attitude is you can fuck about and have some fun, but don't be toxic. Your admin powers though by default should not be used, helping people move into a new channel is fine, but don't just move or kick people for laughs or because they're annoying (unless they're snoring lol) Lastly on membership we're going to be trialing a SpA member channel, whether we keep it or not will be based on feedback and usefulness.

Minecraft

As you most of you probably know the minecraft server has been pretty much dead for a while now, and after almost 8 years we think it's about time to retire minecraft from our machines :( I don't have any sensible screenshots from the good old days sadly, but I do have Scatter's LOL wall, and some idiot falling into a hole when I first joined.

Hell Let Loose
In with the new and all that, we plan on hosting a Hell Let Loose server perhaps as soon as the closed alpha, we'll see. It's going to rely on dedicated servers and community admins, very much appealing to old ass gaming communities like ours!

Lastly, joining our prestigious, highly esteemed membership is everyone's favourite swedish hacker!
[SpA]Enjano!

...and please also extend a slightly late welcome to our sneaky boy rejoining us today!
[SpA]Dekar!

us 
 Post subject: Re: SpA update 2018
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 21:30 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Congrats to the new members!

Looking forward to the changes to the Discord server as well.

Sad to see the Minecraft server go, the game just isn't what it use to be since realms came out. Looks like I need a new Steam profile pic :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 21:51 
Pretty useless (90)
yes yes yes tags for bro's

no 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 00:01 
Geek (883)
Woohoo! :4

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 21:17 
Community slut (13473)
Welcome lads! :5:

us 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 21:58 
Geek (733)
Oh look an excuse to post on the forums!

Welcome to the club Enjano, and welcome back Dekar! :18

fi 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 23:39 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Minecraft has been laid to rest. Thanks for everything, though our tale doesn't end here.

Congratulations to our new SpArtans. Though their non-SpArtan tales end here.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

ch 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2018, 13:25 
Community slut (13473)
As Dolf mentioned, we've officially turned off the Minecraft server.

For the time being there will still be a MC server running on the SMP details. This server only serves a thank you message and is not suitable to be played on.

Then from me personally; I'd like to thank everyone, administrators and players alike who've spent many hours in the past 8 years on hosting and maintaining Minecraft and its Specialattack based community. A lot of time and dedication has been given and I'm very grateful to everyone who has been a part of that. Many new great people have joined our community through this game, of which some are still quite active today. It's time to park this one in the SpA history books and move on to new adventures!

us 
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018, 16:07 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
You bastards, my avatar needs to change now. Thanks to all the minecrafters who played over the years, been some good memories!

Welcome all :4

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018, 16:56 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
You bastards, my avatar needs to change now. Thanks to all the minecrafters who played over the years, been some good memories!

Welcome all :4
Got your back, fam:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.