All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2020, 07:33 
Illiterate (6)
Username: Halcome
Current Rank: Veteran
Applying For: Mason

Build Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/HffZne4

Reasoning: I feel like I should earn the Mason rank for one reason and one reason only. Slug Bus. But of course I do have other builds that are deserving of a Mason rank. My Turtle Army was the first build I made coming back. Built 100+ turtle soldiers by hand before I had my commands reinstated. Then I have my Quagsire build. That build I made as a joke, a very well detailed joke. And now is stands as one of my best SPA builds to date. I also have some smaller builds like Scuba Bunny and Dapper Mouse. Both of which, while small, are builds I took time to rebuild and perfect. My final build in the series is a mason jar filled with an ant farm, the Ant Jar. The story behind that is I wanted to earn Mason with mason jars. But when I finished a mason jar it just felt too empty to use. So I filled it up with an ant farm. I certainly have others to share, but these are my most favorite builds by far.

(HAH! I made it look professional :D)

us 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2020, 18:47 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Good luck on the application! While the builds are small I do like the amount of detail that you have put into them. Overall the amount of model work you've done is impressive. One thing I have seen you messing around with is the museum you've built on veteran_new1 which is still a work in progress it seems but it is also quite impressive.

Once again, good luck!
-Awesome

us 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2020, 22:41 
Does Minecraft or something... (190)
Good luck with your application. I like that you put the time in on the turtle army and how you submitted your pictures. Very professional.
Like Awesome said I wish some of the builds were bigger and the detail is good but there is always room for improvement. Please take all these comments into consideration and build on them. I really like what you are doing with the museum on Veteran_new1. Maybe work on it a little more. :wink: Thank you for your application.

us 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2020, 00:10 
Geek (733)
Hey halcome! Thanks for your application here. Your models are nice, but I really want to see you expand your building style some. I would strongly suggest taking a look through some of the Mason maps that are loaded and some of the personal worlds of Masons and Architects. Hopefully they will give you some inspiration to draw on to broaden your portfolio. Good luck!

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 12:47 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Hey halcome,

nice to see you've decided to apply for the mason rank, reminds me of my old days here :roll:

I can definitely see potential here as you are able to put in a lot of detail in your builds, and I know this is difficult with the limitations that FB has block-wise. Good job on that.

It would be nice to see you experiment with some other building styles as well, perhaps more aimed at realism, or perhaps landscaping with buildings. This is entirely up to you though as it is your application, but diversification of your builds would add to the flame.

Good luck matey!