Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:53

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 22:12 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
:18 Hello, my name is AwesomeFriends56. My IRL name is Mathew S., but you can just call me Mat.

I live in East Tennessee, USA. I am a part time game designer following my dreams of having a company with my friends. We're currently 6 months into a project right now and I must say this stuff is harder than I thought. Thanks to the SpA community my mood has stayed light as they spam my notifications on facebook talking on an old post which annarack necro'd. I must say that without you guys I wouldn't be able to do what I do today.

I joined the community when I was young, when I found your Freebuild server. I was going around looking at servers, and I saw '.net' in the name and decided to join. Needless to say I had fun playing for the first time, and I stayed. I can remember that you had just switched to MCForge, and you still had your fCraft server up, so I was going back and forth between the two until the fCraft server was closed down completely.

I can honestly say that with you guys I have grown up substantially. I have learned to type faster, and my vocabulary has expanded from being on the server. Through your community my maturity has become a lot better, and I know how to handle real-life situations as far as judging goes. With my past experience as Op on the old Freebuild server I was able to learn a lot of things and get myself out of sticky situations. It also taught me to stay clam in high pressure environments, which is helping me with the tail-end of my high school years.

On the game designer part :ugly: . I work on scripting all the behaviors for the game we are currently making. I have logged about 10 hours total making, scrapping, and revising scripts which doesn't seem like much but it counts in the long run. When we get into beta I'll post a public download link here FIRST. That means you guys are special :wink: . I have inspired lately by everyone around me including you guys! So, thank you!

My inactivity doesn't just come with laziness, it also comes from being that fancy game designer, as well as turning into a female as Don_Don_Don would say it. Life's been hitting hard and I'm settling down so I am very distant from online interactions with people. I have plans on being very active in the summer but don't get your hopes up, I still may find something else that needs my full attention other than a female :ugly: . Blah blah blah, life is boring for me. Anyone up for some TF2? I'll livestream!
I would like to say thanks to SpA, you have been a great friend, and hopefully will continue to be in the future. If there's any areas I should clean up or make clearer let me know, I'll be glad to do so.

Greets,
AwesomeFriends56

Last edited by [SpA]AwesomeFriends on 21 Apr 2014, 15:58, edited 4 times in total.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Howdy, AF_56 Here!
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 22:34 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
the cake is mine!

us 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 23:15 
Pretty useless (90)
^ Actually Relevant ^
Also glad to see you finally posting in here awesome. :5:

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:28 
—————()–()–()–()–()
—————||–||–||–||
————-{*~*~*~*~*~*~*}
———-@@@@@@@@@@
——–{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
—-@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
—{~*~*~*~*~ HAPPY~*~*~*~*~}
—{~*~*~*~*~BIRTHDAY~*~*~*~}
—{~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
—-@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SaintK, this is for you, ryry6 stole my original idea :)

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 10:45 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Hello awesomefriends56, love your intro, very amusing indeed. You have won the best intro of the month award. :4

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 21:36 
Pretty useless (90)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
You have won the best intro of the month award. :4
Well darn...
:D jk
Great intro AF

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 03:24 
Thank you all :) I feel very welcomed here now, not that I didn't before... Anyways, is there anything else you would like to know?

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 14:28 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
You forfeit your month winning due to false information.

How could you be here a year if you only joined in September :P

Good info either way!

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 17:21 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Wonder Woman or Supergirl?

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:37 
bubbajim3 wrote:
How could you be here a year if you only joined in September :P
Hmm, maybe that's how long I have played Minecraft... I noticed that in a survey I did in 2010 I said in it that Minecraft was my favorite game, and not long after I did that survey I started playing Multiplayer with you guys... The survey was conducted at the end of the year, and I think I had just learned about free multiplayer. How would you know anyways, we switched server software two times since I started playing with you guys (fCraft (maybe it was MCSharp) to MCForge, and back to fCraft). You guys had launched the MCForge server the day after I joined for the first time, and it really confused me to see two servers with really similar names. None the less, I don't feel like typing a paragraph on that...

P.S. I know from running servers that when you switch software, it erases all player data (including ranks), but you can copy and paste names into the new server's [rank name].txt files to give people the proper ranks back. That is the only thing that I know about how you might know.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:42 
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Wonder Woman or Supergirl?
Wonder Woman all the way!

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 00:53 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
P.S. I know from running servers that when you switch software, it erases all player data (including ranks), but you can copy and paste names into the new server's [rank name].txt files to give people the proper ranks back. That is the only thing that I know about how you might know.
I know that, wasn't born yesterday :P On that topic, im gonna see if I can get the dates of when people first joined our server. So i'll look for mine and yours first :P

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 06:10 
I should have early footage from me being a guest on YouTube. I think I posted it about 3 weeks after I first joined...

The title is "My First Minecraft Castle" and it has the server name in the description.

Edit: FOUND IT :4

Last edited by [SpA]AwesomeFriends on 07 Sep 2013, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 16:22 
Pretty useless (90)
I went onto fcraft and did a /info on myself and they still have the player databases from before the split. Mine was April 7th I believe. So if you wanna figure it out you can visit there and check. and just as I was typing this I realized I missed my one year anniversary on FB... :(

us 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 16:24 
I edited the main post, feel free to collect the juicy information at your own risk :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 17:00 
Geek (733)
Nice! Always neat to learn more about the people you game with! :5:

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 16:03 
Updated again 8) Hope you like the new info :wink:

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 16:57 
Geek (839)