Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 10:30

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Phone...
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 13:54 
Has learned to write! (196)
Hi all,

So my lovely LG Nexus 5 is letting me down, phone crashed multiple times yesterday and I’m out of disk space, it’s only a 16GB. Yes the 14GB is used for apps and software, have no room left for music or pictures. I have my navigation app running on and that takes the most space.

So I think it’s time for a new phone… and that is now the problem. So many phones and to be honest not all are good choices.
So any tips?

I really don’t want a Iphone. It’s alright if it’s going to be a expensive phone.
Really would like to have the original Android without any skin from like example Samsung, but I think this is going to be a challenge.
Card slot is mandatory and a nice camera would we really awesome.

Hope that you all have some tips because I’m lost in world of Phones..

us 
 Post subject: Re: Phone...
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 15:29 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I've just ordered the Nexus 6P, if you wish to continue your nexus addiction....

I'm not sure how awesome it is compared to other phones but it comes with stock Android and a pretty decent camera(I think :| ).

Do you mean a SIM card slot? Cause it has one of those, i'm unsure about like a memory card slot though.

I'll let you know more once I get it in my hands (should be delivered Saturday!!!)

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 16:01 
Has learned to write! (196)
Thanks you,

My first choice was the Nexus 6P, but it is a bit big and the 6P has no memory card slot.
Im worried that in 2 years Im having the same problem that Im out of space.
But yeah please let me know what you think of it when you have it in your hands....

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 16:42 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
Got the nexus 5X and so has Kat. I moved from a LG G4 to it so it could of been considered a downgrade but it's smooth as butter and I'm loving it. I'd even go as far as saying it's my favorite phone I've ever owned.
I originally wanted the 6p but it's just too big for my liking, the 5X is a perfect middle ground for me and if you're using the Photos App you have unlimited Google cloud image storage at full resolution which you can access from anyway so space isn't an issue for me. I was a bit skeptical about not having an SD card slot too but I'm doing just fine without it.

There is a 32GB version if you want the most space and the 5X is relatively cheap compared to other phones. Plus the OS is pure android.

One bit of advice. Having facebook and Messenger installed can slow your phone drastically and kill the battery life like crazy even if you deny it all the permissions. That's just a general flaw with all androids though, not just this phone but since uninstalling them both I'm back on 2 day battery life.

es 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 09:42 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Everyone going up in price, more expensive phones, but what do you do with it that a 259 euro phone cannot?
So, I go for cheapest high spec phone. LG G Flex 2. Amazing specs for that price :) I'm very happy with it and not willing to spend more then 300 bucks on a phone. It's not like I'm gonna try and run rainbow six on it, or propellerhead reason... It's not my computer ! Browsing the internet, navigation, whatsapp, that kinda stuff. All very light stuff. Though, the fast processor in the lg g flex 2 makes it load nicely. Asside from the 16gig internal I added a 128gig fast micro sd card. Samsung evo pro.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/430277/l ... ificaties/

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 09:57 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
How can you people live without a memory card slot? O_o My phone supports up to 64 GB, but I only have a single 1-GB memory card (49.36 MB left; full of music and crap). Phone memory capacity is 8 GB, with 2 GB left. Plenty of space.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 17:12 
Community slut (13473)
My requirements are a bit different for my phone due to security, but otherwise I'd prolly go with Bucky's phone.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2016, 02:00 
Geek (883)
iPhone 6s

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

be 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2016, 12:19 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
iPhone 6s
*bans tscuz*

us 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2016, 19:17 
Geek (883)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
tscuzimbrown wrote:
iPhone 6s
*bans tscuz*
Wouldn't be the first, or the last time..

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

us 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 21:10 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
So I've had the Nexus 6P for about a week now... and I love it! I came from an LG G3 and not having bloatware alone was amazing!

Fast when doing things, pictures are nice, screen is really nice, speakers are nice. It's a big phone, but I had an otterbox on my LG G3 and transitioning from that to this has been no issue.

Extremely fast charging with a batter lasts easily a day plus some

Only downside for you, is there is no memory card slot :( But the sizes start at 32GB for the 6P