Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:37

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: Jailbreaking advice
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 22:02 
Geek (883)
Hello
I have a second gen. IPod touch and I'm tired of not being able to download apps, since apple has dropped support of it. Should I jailbreak it or not?

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 22:23 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Hello
I have a second gen. IPod touch and I'm tired of not being able to download apps, since apple has dropped support of it. Should I jailbreak it or not?
Sell it, it has an older gen ARMv6 processor that can't handle any newer apps that got released after the 3rd gen release..(ARMv7)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
 Post subject: Re: Jailbreaking advice
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 22:58 
Geek (883)
I looked up the value of it and its worth $15 dollars or less. There's no point of selling it.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2012, 00:32 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Get a refurbished one, 32gig 4th gen is the same price as an 8gig 4th gen. Pretty cool. You may want to look around Amazon to see if you can find a used one.

Jailbreaking will not help you at all, even if you did manage to Jailbreak it you would still need to try to find apps that support your device.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2012, 01:32 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Jailbreaking for me is a must do, although you do have an older device you still could jailbreak it, what you would be looking for i guess is a way of updating to ios 6 on your ipod touch, if you are looking for that use Whited00r, that would make it able for you to update to ios 6. Do please consider that it would run slow because of the hardware in your idevice.

What Ios are you running (ios 3 ios 4 ect ect) ?

us 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 04:46 
I would recommend just updating to iOS 5.1 if you were to update it, iOS 6 brought much lag to the A5...

us 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 06:14 
Geek (883)
I have 4.2; I can't update since apple dropped support of it. :/

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 14:45 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Im guessing that yo have 4.2.1, if you want to update you would need to use a 3rd party way of getting ios 6, such as Whited00r, you first need a jailbreak for 4.2.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZshyGDSWWH4

then after you jailbreak it then search up whited00r then well your done, please note that apps would be increadibly slow and that not all apps may work, please know what you are doing.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 12:15 
The one and only (619)
Id recommend never touching an apple product ever again. :wink:
HTC One X+ = Best device ever (with working Java and Flash Player oh and did I mention a 1.7Ghz Quad Core Processor)

fi 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 12:27 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]ZEnergy wrote:
Id recommend never touching an apple product ever again. :wink:
HTC One X+ = Best device ever (with working Java and Flash Player oh and did I mention a 1.7Ghz Quad Core Processor)
Pfft, those cheap vibrators are the pinnacle of Chinese garbage gadgets. My first Nokia phone had an application for composing ringtones, how will you counter that?! Even though the phone was B&W...

Anywee, the point still stands, Apple products aren't worth the while. Rather, worth the money.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 19:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I do find it funny how Ubuntu might be put on the Android systems instead of Android itself, but anyway Jailbreaking is the way to go for Apple products.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 06:04 
Look up Sn0wbreeze, that's what I used to Jailbreak, it seemed to be fool proof. All I did was make sure I made a backup of my device by right clicking on the name of the device in iTunes and clicking backup, and then I made sure I saved all my precious photos on my email. Once you are done with that, you can go through and start the Jailbreaking process.

Open up Sn0wbreeze and check for any updates. Once you know you have the latest version of the software, click the little blue arrow. From there you should see two options "Browse for an IPSW" or "Download iOS Firmwares". If you have already downloaded the current firmware for your device, click the first option. If you do not currently have the IPSW for your device downloaded, select the second option, and from there you can find your device and select the iOS version. Once you have the iOS for your device on your computer you need to select it within the program.

From there the fun begins. A screen should show up to confirm the you have select the correct device and the correct IPSW (Version of iOS) by showing you a picture of the device. Once you have verified that it is in fact the correct version, you can click the little blue arrow to continue. You should be presented with three or more options, iFaith Mode, Simple Mode, and Expert Mode. I select simple mode because it is easier and less steps. You can look up a tutorial on how to use expert mode, but for the most part I have not tried it.

Once the IPSW is finished being created you can connect your device and run iREB which will put yuor device into PWND DFU mode, if you're not sure on how to do this, Google it.

When you are done running iREB you need to open up iTunes and the device will connect to iTunes as if it were in recovery mode, on but not running anything. It will prompt you to restore the device. You need to hold shift and click on "Restore" then browse for where the custom IPSW is located, usually on your desktop, and select that as the correct IPSW that you want to restore it with, and it will install onto your device through iTunes. After this is done it will ask if you want to set up as a new device or from a backup of another, if you made the backup, this would be the time to use that.

Now you should have a Jailbroken device, you can now hook it up to your computer and open up a new program on your desktop called "iBooty", connect your device and put it into regular DFU mode and select it from the drop-down menu pointed out with an arrow. It should go through the tethered booting process and exploit your device with limera1n. I believe that this is just a tethered boot, but you can look up on how to untether since you have an older device.

Hope this helped someone! If I forgot something, somebody let me know xD but for the most part I think I got it all. Enjoy cydia and all your favorite tweaks.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 18:23 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Depending on what IOS version he is running there are a number of Jailbreaks to go for (redsnow Snowbreeze Absinthe ect ect) but yeah you can just search how to do it easy as pie :)