Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:40

All times are UTC+01:00

au 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 10:27 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Howdy folks, the mysterious Ivan appears again, this time bearing not gifts but a quest!

In all seriousness, I feel it's time I invested in greater gaming capital as my current rig goes to the lower end of the spectrum. And, since I'm heavily underinformed on these sorts of things, I thought I'd look to the lovely folks at SpA for help!

So, my budget is 600-900 AUD, which translates to something like 450-700 Euros for you crazy european folks. If I'm looking for something that'll run, say, BF3 in reasonably good quality, hell even full HD, is it within my price range and what do you recommend?

I'm scared, it feels as though the various merchants of the interwebs are out to overcharge me.

Also, I refuse on basic principle (which is me being terrified of breaking things) to build it myself.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 14:13 
Geek (883)
Ahhhhhhhhh you forgot about the fat Americans!!!

I've heard about Alienware, but apparently it's shit. :lol:
That's all I know....brownie out.... :18

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 14:25 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xDME for $700 you can get something like this, that's if you want to build it yourself. It's not as scary as you think. I mean... even I did it! and I named myself 3 times!

edit: Derp, that's US dollars.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/uNlL This comes to $700 AUD, you've just gotta pick a case.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 17:24 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
I have built my own PC a few months back, and can run BF3 on Ultra settings with an average of 60fps ^^
I spent around 880 euros to my PC, and am very happy that I built it myself, because I can upgrade it and do whatever I like to it :ugly: .

- Case: CM 690 II Advanced
- CPU: intel i5 3750k @ 4.00GHz
- RAM: 2x 4GB Corsair vengeance @1600MHz
- CPU cooler: Scythe Mugen 3, although this doesn't fit properly with the high profiled RAM -> Fan has to be on the other side of the cooler, which is currently causing a lot of heat in my case right now (I am probably going to buy an other CPU cooler).
- PSU: Corsair CX 500 (500w)
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
- GPU: MSI GTX 660 twin frozr 2GB

The HDD doesn't really matter I guess, I have a 1TB Seagate barracuda, running at 7200 rpm.

Like I said, I can run bf3 at 60fps on Ultra settings (1920 x 1080 BTW), so this is probably something you might want to look at.. And MSI doesn't do worse than Asus, so don't get carried away by the manufacturer of (in this case the graphics card) it's name ;).

Hope this helped (if not then, well, good luck anyway!).

P.s; I see whiskers picked almost the same parts as I have ^^.

au 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 11:21 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Cheers guys, I found one prebuilt with pretty much the same pieces, all I need is a new GPU which I'm fairly certain I can install myself without breaking something or I can just ask a mate to do for me.

Thanks for the help :mrgreen: