[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
My build - Page 2 - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:04

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Re: My build
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 19:33 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
Quantum Grape wrote:
I have the one monitor at the moment. I want 2 more so I can use them as sticky note boards. :lol:
I have a couple of old CRT screens sitting around in the barn behind my house, both are VGA though so you'll have have no problem using them to stick notes onto. One was manufactured in '95 and the other in 2001 I believe.

All jokes aside, does anyone know of a good use for old screens like that? Other than garbage I mean.
Depends on how creative you are. You could make it a fishtank?

cz 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 19:39 
Doesn't get out much (379)
A place to hide a key to a sex dungeon?

be 
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 11:11 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
Quantum Grape wrote:
I have the one monitor at the moment. I want 2 more so I can use them as sticky note boards. :lol:
I have a couple of old CRT screens sitting around in the barn behind my house, both are VGA though so you'll have have no problem using them to stick notes onto. One was manufactured in '95 and the other in 2001 I believe.

All jokes aside, does anyone know of a good use for old screens like that? Other than garbage I mean.
I would suggest garbage, and whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN THEM UP!

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 12:37 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Quantum Grape wrote:

There was a long time that certain gamers (CS/fight game game pros) kept using CRT's instead of flatscreens because they weren't locked to a certain refresh rate (60fps - I think CRT's are usually 120hz+) and there was virtually no delay time. Now that 120hz 0.whateverMS delays LCD's are available people have moved on to that but if I were you I'd boot up CS:GO while on your CRT (make sure you have your settings low enough to get 120fps or more), the colours may not be as vibrant but the game motion should look smoother :5:

cz 
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 20:31 
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
DO NOT OPEN THEM UP!
Why?

us 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 03:26 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
Quantum Grape wrote:

I would suggest garbage, and whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN THEM UP!
Open it and touch the big shiny coil with a fork, got it.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 16:54 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So I'm helping my sister plan a build so she can play better games and use photoshop and the like. It's going to be a similiar build to mine but with a 500w psu, no SSD and a 4 core AMD cpu instead of an 8 core. The main purpose of this build is that it's cheap, BUT she can still upgrade it for fairly cheap too, which is why I'm keen on an AM3+ socket on the motherboard.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Junco/s ... iew=7dTQzy

My two questions are:

What are people's opinions on a 500w supply? From what I've gathered only a very hungry PC is going to exceed 500w, so buying anything more will be wastful?
It will support this build easily, but bare in mind she may add a better cpu or gpu some time in the future.

Secondly I still need to decide on a video card, can probably spare £100 for this in the budget. As you can see I've got a Radeon R7 360 at the moment because it looks decent. Any better or cheaper alternatives?

cz 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 18:01 
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
What are people's opinions on a 500w supply? From what I've gathered only a very hungry PC is going to exceed 500w, so buying anything more will be wastful?
PSU takes only what it needs = computer's consumption/power factor (around 0.8 - 0.9, nothing is loss-less). Meaning if your PC idles at 50W, your PSU will take 63W. If your PC takes 300W under full load, PSU will take 350W from the power socket.

500W should be well enough... I ran 8800GTX on a 350W PSU (albeit a good quality one) for a year just fine :mrgreen:

se 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 19:12 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Secondly I still need to decide on a video card, can probably spare £100 for this in the budget. As you can see I've got a Radeon R7 360 at the moment because it looks decent. Any better or cheaper alternatives?
Considering the budget it might be worth looking up used computer parts aswell, might get lucky and find a cheap used 960, 7950 or similar.
(good gpu benchmark list)

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 21:10 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
http://www.logicalincrements.com/ - great site for working out hardware components vs. budget. UK prices aren't always the same as US but it's still pretty good indication of what to look for.

cz 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 00:37 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
All this hardware talk, performance charts and shopping guides make me want to upgrade. :-o

Maybe I should finally order that SSD...

us 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 04:51 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Dekar wrote:
All this hardware talk, performance charts and shopping guides make me want to upgrade. :-o

Go for one of those fancy SSDs that plug into the motherboard with a PCI-E connector if you REALLY want speed.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 09:18 
Dekar wrote:

Go for one of those fancy SSDs that plug into the motherboard with a PCI-E connector if you REALLY want speed.
And have a big wallet for all the credit cards you have :D

Just a normal SATA SSD is more than enough for desktop PCs :P

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 12:46 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Ashlee wrote:
Dekar wrote:

It's really not all that much more expensive then SATA SSD's. Just have to check real good if your mobo supports the boot mode etc.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 14:38 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Thanks for the points earlier, will update on my sister's PC.

I have a SSD in my build, but honestly feel like I don't notice. Partly because I went from windows 8 back to 7, eugh, but I spent just under £100 on a samsung SSD. At that price range I suspect you might aswell get a better SSD, or just spend it on other parts.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 21:54 
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Ashlee wrote:
Dekar wrote:

It's really not all that much more expensive then SATA SSD's. Just have to check real good if your mobo supports the boot mode etc.

If it is about the same price then they are not worth the extra hassle of taking up (rare) PCIe x4/x16 slots :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 14:11 
SpA Fookah (4459)
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
Drop whatever you're gonna fit in your pc in the dropdowns and go from there.
If you then grab a crapy cheap ass PSU, best to sit way above the minimum from that list.
Good 500 Watt PSU will outperform a crappy 800 Watt, So i tend to turn to really awesome PSUs :D
Also, in general, psu problems tend to get vague. Stuff works, but you get weird ass crashes or other shit that's hard to find out.
I always turn to A brand highest tier PSUs tbh. Atm , I have a seasonic X Gold http://www.seasonic.ru/products/2/

If you're looking for any kind of storage and want the best there is or best bang for your buck,
http://www.storagereview.com/best_drives
If it's usb stick, microsd, flash, ssd, or just a general HD, they have the best listed in their leaderboard. I always go there then check local pricing and grab something up that way. Idiotically fast micro sd of 128 gb for 50 bucks for instance :D

Just to drewel :P
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/460887/ ... ificaties/

512gb, 1,5 gbps write and 2,5 gbps read, 271 euros