Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:05

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 07:05 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Have YOU ever connected your controller to your PC and wondered why it wasn't vibrating in those super intense moments? Second guessing the integrity of the controller's built in vibrating motors? Well wonder no more! I'm here to introduce Controller Vibration Tester (CVT) to the world!

All joking aside, I got bored and wanted to write a program to see if I could get my controller to vibrate on command and decided to do something useful with what I learned. This program is designed to test the functionality of the vibrating motors built into the controller. It can test both left and right motors at the same time as well as independently. Hopefully someone finds some use for this.
Attachment:
File comment: What it looks like :P
What it looks like :P
CVT_Demo.png [ 83.04 KiB | Viewed 52356 times ]
Download from 4shared. (Changelog)

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 09:14 
Community slut (13473)
Can I use this to remotely pleasure woman? 8)

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 10:22 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Do the games give off commands that are intended to make the controller vibrate? Cuz on a console, the game does right? If so and the controller doesn't react on the commands from the game, couldn't you rewrite the driver to recode those commands so it vibrates on the games?
Or, if the games on pcs don't give off those commands, you could maybe make it so the vibrations would be driven by sound? Like fps, when you're shooting a gun it makes noise, when there's an explosion, usually, more noise :D

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 23:18 
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Can I use this to remotely pleasure woman? 8)
Not the intended purpose, but probably 8) the right motor is best suited for that.
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Do the games give off commands that are intended to make the controller vibrate? Cuz on a console, the game does right? If so and the controller doesn't react on the commands from the game, couldn't you rewrite the driver to recode those commands so it vibrates on the games?
Or, if the games on pcs don't give off those commands, you could maybe make it so the vibrations would be driven by sound? Like fps, when you're shooting a gun it makes noise, when there's an explosion, usually, more noise :D
I'll try to answer this. There's one line of code that handles sending the command to the controller for vibration intensity. It can go from 0.0F to 1.0F on each motor individually. You could tie the command into an audio program to read the output levels and set it based on that. Would be useful for games that don't know how to properly vibrate the controller.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 14:14 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Do pc games give those commands?

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 21:08 
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Do pc games give those commands?
They should, but if they don't this program is to see weather or not it's the game or your controller.