Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:34

All times are UTC+01:00

fi 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 05:09 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
American Football, fantasy league. Basically we pick our favourite players from across all of the NFL for our fantasy team and get points depending on how well they do in their games (for example, 6 points if one of our guys scores a touchdown, 2 points for a field goal, etc). It's a nerdy way for nerdy NFL fans to show their nerdiness :ugly:
Ehh... So... Some... IRL gambling or some game?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 05:16 
Geek (883)
kinda, you can gamble on some sites

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

us 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 06:40 
Pretty useless (84)
Scatter knows this already, but I'm in. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 14:59 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
sorry guys my pc was fooked so missed the draw, whats the plan?

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 15:18 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Oh, I didn't realise you were actually in, thought you were kidding :mrgreen: we weren't able to do the draft on Thursday so we've had to reschedule it. Not sure when it's gonna happen but it'll be before this Thursday.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 15:49 
:P

who did you think only noobs go red was?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 04:18 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Uhh... someone else. Maybe. :ugly:

Monday 7pm EST works for everyone that I've asked (which is everyone apart from Misunderstood Pyro and uvpurple) and it's the only time before Friday that can be done. I don't want to leave this until week 3 so we're just going to have to go with the day that the most people can manage, and at the moment that's Monday. Hope you guys can make it :5:

us 
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 05:15 
Pretty useless (84)
If this is correct, then I'm open.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid ... &sln=18-19

EDIT: Also, I have not a clue as to how this whole thing works, so if someone could explain how to join the league, etc. it'd be a great help!
:?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Yeah, that's correct.

If you're just looking for the absolute basics of fantasy then you're best just googling around for what you want to know. I've already put up some bits and pieces on info in the thread. If there's anything specific about our league that you're wondering about I might be able to help with that, otherwise, I'm as new to fantasy as you are so you the internet will give you better answers than I could 8)

us 
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:20 
Pretty useless (84)
Isn't there a specific league I need to join? I looked, but couldn't find a SpA or Special Attack league.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:24 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
http://specialattack.league.fantasy.nfl.com

Register and then join the league. Also, you'll need mumble for when we're doing the draft.

be 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
If anyone's free and has some downtime before the draft, feel free to join me in Mumble to shoot the shit about the first week of games or any other gubbins you wanna talk about. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 23:45 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Mumble in 1 hour guys! :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 01:29 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Soooo we didn't have enough people turn up. Again. Even though you all said you could make it and I told you watch this thread for updates and I gave you plenty of warning here :| (Arbo couldn't but at least he gave me warning and a large list of players that he wanted so I could make his picks for him).

This was the only night this week that everyone said they were available, and leaving a fantasy league until the beginning of week 3 is dumb, so there goes our last chance of having a proper draft. So this is what we're going to do: we find the night where most of us can be here (7pm east coast time, either tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday). We'll do a live NFL.com draft, and those who don't show up/can't make it get an auto-drafted team (*IF* it's possible to have a bot draft for AFK's whilst allowing others to actually make their picks, I don't know if it is). This is unfair to those like Arbo who went to the trouble of getting a list of players that they actually wanted and may now be subject to a shitty autodrafter if they can't make it, or those who are really keen to play but can't make that particular night (it's only fair that we go with the night that most people can manage) but that's literally our only option at the moment.

be 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 06:19 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
shitshitshitshitshit. Came home from work tired as a dog and fell asleep in bed with my laptop an hour before the draft started. I even made a Mumble channel for it and everything! I'm such a tool. SO sorry everyone :(

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 10:28 
hey,

personally i cant make another illicit mid night rendezvous, i am getting old cant hack sub 6 hours sleep without copious amounts of alcohol..

so would be happy to be autodrawn if possible, but also if i cant be around and cant be auto drawn ill groupy the shiz out of the the underdog

and wanted to say cheers for attempting to organise this!

Cheers

us 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 14:00 
Geek (883)
Geez,
I'm so sorry I missed this. All Monday I was busy with homework and I stayed after school pretty late as well, so I was tired and bitchy. I really am sorry that I couldn't show up so the rest of you could pick. I'll try to do my h/w at school and come for the next draft.

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 18:52 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
No worries guys. Shit happens, I was just annoyed at the time :5:

This is really short notice - I've been working today, sorry! - but if we can get all 8 people to sign up for our league before 7 EST then we can do it tonight* and autodraft those who don't turn up.

I thought that the first game was on Friday this week so if we don't get it done tonight then we'll just have to miss the Thursday game. If not tonight then 80% chance we'll do it tomorrow: we'll do Saturday if for some reason none of you can make Friday but that would be our absolute last opportunity.

At the very least make sure you're signed up on our NFL.com league page: I've extended the group to 8 people now so there's space.

*Edit: Alright, it's tomorrow then. Make sure you're signed up if you're not already!

be 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013, 19:00 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I'll start guzzling coffee right now to avert another emergency sleep shut down tonight :P. Definitely up for it.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 23:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
if we can get all 8 people to sign up for our league before 7 EST then we can do it tonight* and autodraft those who don't turn up.
If this doesn't happen before Sunday I'm cutting the league to 6 players and going with whoever we have on board (or 7, if we have that, and I'll create an 8th account to make up numbers). The draft can only happen tonight with a full league - hopefully you guys get online shortly and get it done, otherwise we'll have to delay it again.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2013, 01:50 
Geek (839)
Did i miss another? :oops:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2013, 01:53 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
We didn't have everyone signed up for the league so it didn't happen. We now have 7 (MrCat is the last guy, I've already messaged him. Cat, if you haven't already sign up to the league dude!). That means that tomorrow we're drafting, using autodraft for those who don't turn up. As far as I know for tomorrow, purple and scuz definitely can't manage, everyone else can (or probably can).

us 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2013, 13:27 
Geek (631)
All set on the sign up

[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I CANT MOVE
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I HAVE POLIO
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: HELP

[22:21] <@UNICORN_XD> *facedesk* sciece is so broing

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 00:49 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Draft starts 1 hour 10 minutes from this post. If you're not here, you're getting an autodraft!

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 02:52 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Draft's over, results are up! The autodrafter seems to have done a pretty good job, you've all ended up with solid teams.

So I set the pick timer to 30 seconds as I thought that it would run out the clock for all the AFK players, and we didn't want to be sitting around waiting a minute and a half before the next pick. Turns out that it makes the AFK picks more or less automatically. Results was that the draft was mad, but fun :mrgreen:

gb 
 Post subject: Re: NFL fantasy league!
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 21:34 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Triple post, but fuck it, tis the night before Sunday! :-11

How're you all feeling about tomorrow? Happy with your team? Got any "who-do-I-start" debates going on? Mine's deciding who to put in my flex spot: Lacy (Packers) and Richardson (Rams) have as much promise as they do unanswered questions. If last week is anything to do by Richardson will get loads of carries, although it's against a tough Falcons D. For now I'm counting on the Redskins run defense to still be terrible so that Lacy can pick up the yards... assuming Aaron Rodgers isn't completely running the show :ugly:

Also, I've been taking a look at how trading etc. works. You can make trades with other teams whenever you like but the changes won't take effect until the week is over (after the Monday night game). Also, you get one waiver trade per week - this is when you someone on your team for an undrafted player. Like the draft the is an order in which waiver picks are made. Apparantly this is determined by the 'Inverse Order of Standings', but that doesn't make any sense with how the league looks at the moment, so idk.

Good luck for tomorrow :4

be 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 21:10 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Hey folks! Week two is over and what a week it's been!

I have noticed, sadly, that a lot of you are inactive. This means we're missing out on all the fun trading shenanigans we could be having! There is, however, a handy subsection of the 'Team' fantasy page that's called The Trading Block.
It would be great if you'd all have a look at it and select which players you're willing to trade and which you aren't. That'll save us all the bother flicking between the slow loading webpages to see which players "may be" available.

Also if we could all come online once a week to manage our trades/waivers, we can make our league so much more dynamic and exciting!

Looking forward to this week's games. Maybe have a little meet-up in Mumble to chatter about the games while they're going on.

be 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013, 21:06 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Bumping again. A totally static fantasy league is no fun :(.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 18:23 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
For real. At the very least fill up your empty player slots/bye week guys with... yknow, anyone!

Anyway. Gonzalez. He's gonna come good sooner or later (dude's the best ever) but I can't go on ignoring the other excellent TEs on my bench. I want a top-of-the-range RB or WR for him. Let's do this deal :4

us 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 22:16 
Doesn't get out much (341)
Anyone want to trade backup quarterbacks? Aaron Rodgers is in his bye week and i dont really trust Russell Wilson against the Texans.

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)