Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:25

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 19:44 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
ITT we recommend our favourite Youtube channels, because we all need more ways to waste more of our precious time :mrgreen: Really though, I always like finding a new good channel to subscribe to, so if you've got anything good then post it!

In alphabetical order:

Continue?: Pretty well known sort-of-LP-thing. I don't get a lot of the reference-jokes that they make - a combination of me being too young, not American and not having watched enough films - but on the whole they're a funny bunch.

Demolition D: Anime stuff, mostly reviews, with a mix of the serious, the silly and the offensive :ugly: A bit of a mixed bag so it's difficult to describe; this gives a pretty good flavour of the channel. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like him.

Game Grumps: Yeah, you guys probably know about them already. For me the golden age is over (and what a golden age it was!) but they still make me laugh almost every day. Start with Goof Troop.

Preach: Worth a look if you play or have played WoW at some point. Start with the 'Legacy of' videos.

Raocow: Predominantly plays (mostly good) Super Mario World hacks; 1000% non sequitur, silly, upbeat, often hilarious commentary; really lovely person with a selfless ethic toward LPing (he started out back in the dawn of LPs on the Something Awful forums, before Youtube even existed - he started out motivated 100% by love of SMW hacks and 0% by ego and has continued with that philosophy years and years); has a fan community that has created entire hacks for him, the playthroughs of which have been awesome to watch. The only good LPer imo.

Best known for cat planet, although he's not usually THIS wacky. Watch that then carry on with one of the Make a Good Level Contests.

Ricesnot: BONES! I have no idea how to explain this. I'd say it was an acquired taste if it wasn't the stupidest/most magical thing on youtube. Start with this so you know where it comes from and then... this maybe? There is some sort of bone canon/chronology going on but I couldn't tell you where it begins or ends. One must simply embrace the bones.

Stream Highlights: Funny stuff from various TF2 streams. Not so active nowadays but has a good archive. Start with The B4nny laugh, Corner Strat and I Cannot Breath this Air

Trump: If you play Hearthstone you probably know about him already. I love him to death :26 Start with Trump Reacts to Things.

us 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 20:34 
Geek (733)
Most of the people I watch are bigger channels. Used to watch a few smaller Minecraft FTB channels, but they quit posting videos. :(

Woodysgamertag - Mostly for Painkiller Already, a podcast.

Linus Tech Tips - Tech channel. He does lots a reviews on products in the PC world.

UnboxTherapy - Also a tech channel. He unboxes many things in the tech world.

Seananners - Short Gmod montages every day, and other games sometimes.

LeftyOX - Primarily gaming channel. Plays with FPS Kyle a.k.a. FPS Russia and WoodysGamertag. He also does a daily, audio only podcast.

I'm subscribed to a lot of other youtube channels, but these are probably my favorites. :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 21:03 
Community slut (13473)
MinutePhysics - Interesting Physics stuff, explained in a minute

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 23:50 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
MinutePhysics - Interesting Physics stuff, explained in a minute
I like this :5:

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014, 03:56 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Markiplier - Gameplay videos with commentaries.
DiscoveryNetworks - I think you all know what Discovery is.
BirgirPall - Their "I broke: [insert game]" videos are just hilarious :D

And of course my own channel, cough cough. Cough.
Other than that, I sometimes watch DNews, NatGeoWild, Gamespot, BBCWorldWide, BBC Earth, and Machinima.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

de 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014, 12:08 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Angry Joe Show: All kinds of video game related videos, core are the reviews.

Corridor Digital: Now that FreddyW is dead and with the future content of BrandonJLA unknown, the only special effects short film channel I'm watching. They do all the stuff themselves from script over filming to post production. Most of the time funny 3-10 minutes clips.

Inside Gaming: They play all kinds of games. Like Drunk Mario Kart. Or Steam Roulette where they play random games on Steam.

ItmeJP: Rollplay videos! Stuff like Dungeons and Dragons but on the internet. 8 bits is ok, not watching the lets plays.

Kripparrian: Daily ~8 minute video about his thoughts on games or events in the games he plays. Mostly Diablo 3/Hearthstone related currently.

TeamCoco: Highlights from the Conan Show. Talk with guests (least interesting to me) and all kinds of funny videos like Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, and Conan Share A Lyft Car or Clueless Gamer.

Periodic Videos: Videos about the chemical elements, with chemistry reactions or interesting locations shown.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014, 20:20 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Game Grumps, Angry Joe, ItmeJP and Continue? have already been mentioned so I'll add a few more

Ten Second Songs Guy takes a song, and does it in its entirety in different styles.

Miracle of Sound Does songs based around Video Games, I recommend The Crush, Joker's Song, Rampage, Higher Tonight and Halfman's song.

Ninja Sex PartyI don't know how to explain these guys, just imagine Steel Panther but with more synth and tonnes more cheese. Also has one of the guys who is on Game Grumps.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2014, 18:18 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
To lazy to edit in links...

Vsauce: funny science 'what if' etc.
ItmeJP: Rollplays
Flashgitzanimations: Funny animated cartoons about warhammer etc.