Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:04

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: NFL fantasy season 2?
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2014, 21:41 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
We had 8 teams at the start of last season, then half of you went inactive so it was more like me, Orange and occasionally another dude or two :ugly: I'd love to run this again but only if we get decent numbers (any less than 8 seems like it would be a waste of time) and if people didn't flake off after a few weeks. Even if you're not hugely into trading and playing the waiver wire (which is the most interesting part tbh) then at least take about 5 minutes a week to swap out your injured players and players on bye weeks for healthy guys on the bench.

So yeah, if we get 8 and you're sure you can put in at least the bare minimum effort every week then I'm all for doing this again. Show of hands? :5:

us 
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2014, 23:35 
Geek (839)
:18

us 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 00:59 
Doesn't get out much (341)

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

us 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 01:02 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
:18 =D i'm in,go patriots,fuck the sea-Pigeons

u cant truly love until u given up on it

us 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 02:07 
Pretty useless (66)

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 21:37 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]sniper0zero1 wrote:
fuck the sea-Pigeons
"You have been banned from specialattack.net"

:ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 01:55 
ah dam the patriots don't face the sea-pigeons,i would of enjoyed watching feather fly off a little bird

us 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 02:16 
Has learned to write! (161)
woo seahawks, my hometeam :D
also, count me in

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 18:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Alright, as there's 6 of us now and I don't think that getting 2 more (or maybe even 4 or 6 more!) is much of a stretch I'm going to propose that we hold the draft on Saturday 16th August, 6pm UK time/1pm East Coast time/10am West Coast time. I think that having it on a weekend makes it the most accessible for both Americans and Europeans. If this doesn't work out for you let me know if there are similar alternatives that would be ok, we still have a few weekends before Week 1 kickoff so we have some time to work with.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 20:57 
the time is great for me =D

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 16:40 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Anyone else? Is that the silence of "I'm ok with this" or "I don't check the forums or my PMs or my emails to see that I got a notification of a PM"? :ugly: Seeing as we're in different time zones and not all of you have a steam account I can't rely on messaging you all through that so you're gonna have to tell me stuff on here!

us 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 19:58 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
I may be able to join in.

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014, 03:19 
Pretty useless (84)
Does anyone know if our league work with the mobile app, because I never really remembered to check the website.
If so, I'm in.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014, 09:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Yeah, it works on mobile - I think that nfl.com even has an app for it.

us 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014, 22:14 
Looks like a good time, hopefully nothing pops up for me

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 01:58 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I've heard no objections to the proposed time and assuming everyone in this thread is in then we have 8 teams, so I say that it's a goer :mrgreen:

Signups are still open, however at this point we need an even number of teams to make the league work - we can't have a 9th team without a 10th team too, or an 11th without a 12th. So if you're signing up at this point you only get to play on the basis that either a current team drops out and you take their spot or we get another new team to fill up the slots. But the more people playing the better so don't let that put you off!

http://specialattack2.league.fantasy.nfl.com - register here before Saturday!
League password is 'spafantasy'

The draft will go ahead at the proposed time/date (see earlier in the thread). If you haven't told me that you can't make this time and you don't turn up then nfl.com will automatically draft your team. If you know that you can't manage this, again, tell me and I'll see if it's possible to work something else out, although we're getting to the point where we really need to commit to something soon so I can't make any promises.

Last year we hung out in mumble during the draft and it was good fun; it's not essential but I recommend that you get mumble up and running before Saturday.

League rules/format is all standard, same as last year - I think I detailed it a bit in last season's thread, go look there if you want to know more :ugly:

(Note to the guys who played last season: I've reactivated our previous league, however, we won't be using that one this year - use the league linked above. It's just there for reference :5:)

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 11:59 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I've moved the draft to next Saturday for a couple of reasons - the first is that we've had some local flooding and I don't have any internet (sending this from the next village over) and I don't know if it's going to be fixed in time for tomorrow. The second is that half of you still haven't registered on the website yet so we can't do it anyway.

Like I've already said, I don't have a better way to communicate with you all than this, so PLEASE keep checking this thread regularly, at the very least up until the draft happens. I want this to happen but I can't do shit if you some of you won't even do the bare minimum :-14

us 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 20:50 
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
I've moved the draft to next Saturday for a couple of reasons - the first is that we've had some local flooding and I don't have any internet (sending this from the next village over) and I don't know if it's going to be fixed in time for tomorrow. The second is that half of you still haven't registered on the website yet so we can't do it anyway.

Like I've already said, I don't have a better way to communicate with you all than this, so PLEASE keep checking this thread regularly, at the very least up until the draft happens. I want this to happen but I can't do shit if you some of you won't even do the bare minimum :-14
Hope everyone is okay there!

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2014, 20:03 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Oh right, probably sounds much worse than it is lol - nah just some heavy rain, nothing special :ugly:

Don't know when the internet is back, I've heard Tuesday at the earliest. We'll see!

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2014, 21:41 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
Gooooo patriots!!! screw those sea-pigeons!!! have fun with the league!

i suggest picking tom brady cause he's gonna rape some defences this year!

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 19:26 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]Cpt.Awesome wrote:
screw those sea-pigeons!!!!
"You have been banned from specialattack.net"

:mrgreen:

Dude, come play! Some guys still haven't joined the league and to be honest if they haven't done it by now I don't know if they ever will, so there's room for more. And I need at least one more Euro so I don't get invaded liberated by all these 'Muricans! :5:

(By the way: if you've registered interest before, you aren't in the nfl.com league yet and you STILL want to play - first of all hurry up :P Second of all at this point the spots are going to go to whoever actually joins the nfl.com league first, you've had loads of warning so don't complain if you don't get a space at the end of the day! New signups are still welcome.)

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 15:15 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
DAT BAN! :mrgreen:

but im signing up.. me love me some football so lets hope i wont suck that badly at fantasy football :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 16:41 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Woo! :4

If we get 1 more person registered we can draft today. I'm keeping an eye out for Arbo/redbanana on steam as they're obviously not checking this thread but no luck so far. So if there's anyone even thinking about playing, if you get register for the nfl.com league before them (and within the next 2 hours or so) you get to play, cos y'all have had more than enough warning already. First come first served!

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 18:01 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Delaying the draft by 1 hour cos we still don't have 8 and cos I'll be eating at the original time (oops :ugly: )

edit: and by 1 more hour. if you're not online you're getting an autodrafted team.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 13:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Season begins in 2 days! You can drop/add players and make changes all season long, but if you want to do anything before the season starts then now is the time :5:

be 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 23:27 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Sucks that I couldn't make it in the league on time. Would have loved to participate this year.
However, if anyone is looking for an assistant coach (yup, co-ownership is possible on NFL Fantasy) I'd be more than happy to help out as the previous season's SpA fantasy champion :P.

And if nobody wants me, then I'd like to be symbolic co-coach of Scatter's team so I can just see what's going on in the league and talk about it with all of you guys. That would be ok, right? 8)

us 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014, 03:00 
Has learned to write! (161)
I could use some help...

[22:26] <+PTB2> UNICORN_XD: well not so much hitting it but rubbing it on my face because it was soft XD

[21:17]<+SMPB> (Patogy) what were you expecting to eat?
[21:17] <@Aadolf> Shit.

be 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014, 17:12 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
All right, I've thrown in my lot with APC and will be co-managing his team this season. Took a few executive decisions early on, but I'll make sure I don't take over completely. And if anyone would like to just give us Jimmy Graham, that'd be really swell :5: :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014, 20:58 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Oooh it's on now! Coach Orange bringing the pain :-11

I'm deeper than the Marianas Trench at WR, anyone looking to trade? I'm interested in RBs, maybe QBs too although based on how high you drafted them all you guys really like your Quarterbacks :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 12:57 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I'll trade you RGIII for a pack of gum and a hamburger. Just pretend it's 2012, he'll be fine :p.