Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:21

All times are UTC+01:00

de 
 Post subject: Kung Fury
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 13:07 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Kung Fury is released! :4
A free 30 minute movie that you can watch on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/374570/

Miami Police Department detective and martial artist Kung Fury time travels from the 1980s to World War II to kill Adolf Hitler, a.k.a. "Kung Führer. :lol:

Watch only the first minute of the trailer if you want to avoid spoilers:

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Kung Fury
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 17:58 
Community slut (13473)
Watched it, loved it :5:

us 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015, 13:06 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
OR if you're like me and you attempted to watch it on steam and couldn't get it to load or play in any good quality, you can watch it on YouTube as well.

My thoughts: It seems like that music video that featured David Hasselhoff showed a bit more than we see in the movie so it looks like they either had to cut some things or they just made a few extra scenes to avoid spoilers, but I kinda wish they would have left that stuff in. Off of that, the "movie" itself is awesome to say the least. To avoid spoilers I'm just going to say that it really nails the 80's feel and makes some jokes about those VHS players that never really seemed to play the tapes correctly.

They also have a game on steam for the movie, a two-button fighting game. It's called Kung Fury: Street Rage and it's $1.99 USD I believe. (I bought it with the extra funds in my Steam Wallet from selling CS:GO cases.) The game gets harder as your score gets higher, and you can get points faster by having a higher chain. The game is on what looks like an old arcade cabinet screen and also gives that old 80's/90's arcade feeling to it, not to mention the music is all retro styled music.

I'm not sure what it is but this movie is somehow everything you could want in a movie and takes me back to when I was really young, watching Power Rangers and various other corny action shows and films. If you haven't watched it already I would recommend you do so if you're even remotely into this kind of thing. You won't regret it.

tl;dr: It's cool, watch it.

de 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015, 21:20 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
They failed a kickstarter stretch goal to make a full length movie, so they might have cut some things to get down to a nice length of 30 minutes. Or had extra stuff prepared for a longer length. :?
Maybe one day we will get a directors cut. :o