Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:06

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: UFOs
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 02:43 
Has no REAL life! (3493)

Take from here.

I think that many (maybe even the majority) of the best explanations for many UFO encounters have nothing at all to do with aliens. On the other hand: because the universe is so big it is a statistical certainty that life exists somewhere else. Also, the chances of us meeting an alien race that is technologically within 1000 years of us is miniscule (read that somewhere before, don't have a source), they're almost certainly going to be far more advanced than we are. So if they want to keep themselves relatively hidden then it would be trivial for them to do so. It also means that if they want to wipe us out or enslave us or anything then we're royally fucked :ugly:

Anyway, I think this stuff's pretty cool. I've never been into the X-Files or anything like that but when you put together the probabilities of it happening with the above comments I don't think it's unreasonable to say that at least some of the UFOs seen are actually extraterrestrial.

What do you think, is the possible 'earthly' explanation always the better one or do you want to believe? :58

ayy lmao

fi 
 Post subject: Re: UFOs
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 03:29 
Has no REAL life! (1690)

I do enjoy the occasional space tentacle rape hentai, but I don't think we'll be seeing Cthulhu anytime soon. Fingers crossed for real-life Stargate, though :D

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 13:41 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
You know I've heard a handful of those testimonies, but I wasn't aware of there being so many.

Think my main problems with UFOs is that they seem only to exist in the U.S or in bad/blurry photos. It's a big planet connected by the internet, and people are getting their hands on better cameras all the time, filming their activities (like flying). However it seems as though that the later half of 20th century where humanity was wondering about space and extra terrestial life that the most substantial reports have been made. Now I guess they just don't visit or crash as often?

I'm not ruling it out but it doesn't much sense to me at all. Why are UFO's so elusive, when actually they will fly past or infront of aircraft, blip on radars, and be seen by the naked eye? Almost seems like yetti/bigfoot sightings, all sorts of blurry photos and compelling testimonies but no real tangible evidence publicly available. Like you said above aswell, in terms probability there is a very small window, or rather a lot of many very small windows all lining up together at the same time for this to be true. Only the massive size of the universe could allow by probability mutiple lifeforms to exist and that means we are likely mind bogglingly far away in distance, and maybe even in time, from intelligent life and even a comparitively abolutley miniscule journey would take probably hundreds of human generations to complete. A whole new human history would be recorded on a ship traveling at the speed of light just to reach to some of the planets that we're already aware of. What we aren't even certain about yet is if the speed of light can be exceeded by anything, because if not then any travel or communication is going to be a snails pace even between local solar systems.

So a lot of effort and planning for anything to reach us here on Earth, so why has there been no contact at all with the UFOs? Even our own spacecraft Voyager was able to express who we were. It doesn't appear based on these sightings that these UFOs don't wish to be spotted, what is there purpose here then?

us 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 15:24 
Geek (733)
I, too, think that there is almost no chance of Earth being the only populated planet in the universe. The chances of those worlds being close enough to visit us on a regular basis seems ridiculous unless they managed to break the barrier at the speed of light. On Junco's point of why we haven't communicated with them: how are we supposed to make contact with them? There are thousands of different languages just on this planet; a lot of them come from the same root languages, but we can't communicate effectively with one another. The languages developed across the galaxy would likely be completely foreign.
(All the communication stuff is assuming we don't just blow the things out of the sky. :ugly: )

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 17:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]CoDxFeedz wrote:
On Junco's point of why we haven't communicated with them: how are we supposed to make contact with them? There are thousands of different languages just on this planet; a lot of them come from the same root languages, but we can't communicate effectively with one another. The languages developed across the galaxy would likely be completely foreign.
(All the communication stuff is assuming we don't just blow the things out of the sky. :ugly: )
True, but bare in mind that although their way of thinking and operating could completely alien to our own ways, there is going to be stuff like mathematics, physics and chemistry that we understand, and that they will have to understand too. If they're exploring space, then that might mean they have some sense of sentiment and curiousity. I mean why else would you? It could be that these traits are actually required for intelligent life. So you might reasonably assume they would like to communicate and learn like we do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contents_ ... den_Record

The contents of the voyager craft is a very imaginative effort to record what it means to be a human being, and we produced that in the 1970's less than 20 years after our first spacecraft, and we have since speculated massively on how we would communicate with aliens. These UFO's based on these sort of stories seem to be indifferent to whether they are detected or not. If they are extra terrestial and they've travelled this far and remain uncaptured, then they were probably engineered by super intelligent beings. Even a drone created by them would be so intelligent it would invent ways to communicate.

Maybe they are indifferent and we're of no consequence to them at all. So then, again, why are they here?

de 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 18:01 
Geek (630)
I do not need aliens, the amount of human idiots around me is already enough. Forsomehow the amount seems to grown from year to year :)

de 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 08:59 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
I do not need aliens, the amount of human idiots around me is already enough. Forsomehow the amount seems to grown from year to year :)
Word! :5:

Aliens probably exist, but far outside of our reach.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 12:09 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Maybe they've come to take you home :wink:

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 16:26 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Dunken for president!