Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:34

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 19:38 
Community slut (13473)
We've installed a new version of the scramble plugin we initially tested. The plugin, "gScramble" has had a few massive updates over the last few months and has been given a lot of new features and bug fixes. We've slapped together an initial config based on player skill points drawn from our HLstatsX stats tracking database.

Please provide us with constructive feedback if you want to see anything changed in the plugin settings. Don't just tell us something is a problem, look up the settings, come up with a counter suggestion and defend your suggestion so we can make a proper judgement on if it should be changed or not.
Code:
// Enable/disable the plugin and all its hooks.
gs_enabled "1"

// **************************
//							*
//  Auto-balance settings	*
//							*

// Enable/disable the autobalance feature of this plugin.
// Use only if you have the built-in balancer disabled.
gs_autobalance "1"

// Time in minutes after a client is balanced in which they cannot be balanced again.
gs_ab_balancetime "10"

// Controls who is immune from auto-balance
// 0 = no immunity
// 1 = admins
// 2 = engies with buildings
// 3 = both admins and engies with buildings
gs_ab_immunity "2"

// Max time the teams are allowed to be unbalanced before a balanced is forced on low-priority living players.
// 0 = disabled
gs_ab_max_unbalancetime "60"

// How many of the top players to protect on each team from autobalance.
gs_ab_protect "0"

// If one team has this many more players than the other, then consider the teams imbalanced.
gs_ab_unbalancelimit "2"

// Allow clients to tell the plugin what team they prefer.  When an autobalance starts, if the client prefers the team, it overrides any immunity check.
gs_ab_preference "0"

// Time, in seconds after an imbalance is detected in which an imbalance is flagged, and possible swapping can occur
gs_ab_actiondelay "10"

// If teams become imbalanced by this many players, auto-force a balance
gs_ab_forcetrigger "4"

// If less than this amount of time (in seconds) is left in a round, stop auto-balancing.
// "0" will disable this function
gs_ab_timelimit "30"

// Only balance human players and ignore bots.
gs_ab_humanonly "0"

// Force a balance between each round. (If you use a custom team balance plugin that doesn't do this already, or you have the default one disabled)
// does not require this plugin's autobalacne to be enabled
gs_force_balance "0"

// Time in seconds to protect a client from autobalance if they have recently captured a point, defended/touched intelligence, or destroyed a sentry.
// 0 = disabled
gs_teamwork_protect "0"

//							*
//  Auto-scramble settings	*
//							*

// Enables/disables the automatic scrambling.
gs_autoscramble "0"

// Auto-scramble only after a full round has completed.
gs_as_fullroundonly "0"

// If a teams wins with a frag ratio greater than or equal to this setting, trigger a scramble
// 0 = disables this check
gs_as_hfragratio "2.0"

// Starts a scramble vote instead of scrambling at the end of a round
gs_as_vote "0"

// If a team wins in less time, in seconds, than this, and has a frag ratio greater than specified: perform an auto scramble.
gs_as_wintimelimit "120.0"

// Lower kill ratio for teams that win in less than the wintime_limit.
gs_as_wintimeratio "1.5"

// If the average score difference for all players on each team is greater than this, then trigger a scramble.
gs_as_playerscore_avgdiff "10.0"

// If a team has this many more dominations than the other team, then trigger a scramble.
gs_as_domination_diff "5"

// If enabled, trigger a scramble if a team never captures the point in koth mode
gs_as_koth_pointcheck "0"

// If enabled, lock teams when a scramble is about to happen until it happens. This will block clients from changing to spectator
gs_as_lockteamsbefore "1"

// If enabled, lock teams the entire next round after a scramble. This will block clients from changing teams
gs_as_lockteamsafter "0"

//							*
// global scramble settings *
//							*

// Minimum people connected before scrambles are possible
gs_as_minplayers "10"

// If enabled, teams will scramble at the end of the 'waiting for players' period
gs_prescramble "0"

// If a scramble happens during setup, restore the setup timer to its starting value
gs_setup_reset "1"

// Sets if admins and people with uber and engie buildings are immune from being scrambled.
// medics + enginneers are not immune during scrambles at the beginning of the round
// 0 = no immunity
// 1 = just admins
// 2 = charged medics + engineers with buildings
// 3 = admins + charged medics and engineers with buildings.
gs_scramble_immune "2"

// If a scramble-now happens during setup time, fill up any medic's uber-charge.
gs_setup_fill_ubers "1"

// Player scramble sort mode.
// 1 = Random
// 2 = Player Score
// 3 = Player Score Per Minute.
// 4 = Player Kill-Death Ratios
// 5 = Swap the top players on each team, controlled by gs_top_swaps
// 6 = Use GameME rank
// 7 = Use GameMe Skill
// 8 = Use Global GameMe rank
// 9 = Use Global GameMe skill
// 10 = Use GameMe Session
// 11 = Use HlxCe Rank
// 12 = Use HlxCe Skill
// 13 = Sort by player classes
// 14 = Choose randomly one of the above sort modes.
// This controls how players get swapped during a scramble.
gs_sort_mode "12"

// Percentage of players to randomly choose during a random scramble
// min 0.10
// max 0.8
gs_random_selections "0.65"

// The number of players to swap during a top-swap scramble
gs_top_swaps "3"

// If set, it will scramble after a team wins X full rounds in a row
gs_winstreak "0"

// If set, it will scramble every X full rounds
gs_scramblerounds "0"

// If set, then it will block auto-scrambling from happening two rounds in a row. 
// Also stops scrambles from being started if one has occured already during a round.
gs_no_sequential_scramble "1"

// If set, then print scramble stats
gs_as_print_stats "0"

// If set, then grand dueling immunity during a scramble.
gs_as_dueling_immunity "1"

//							*
//  generic settings   		*
//							*

// Disable most of the frequent chat messages the plugin displays
gs_silent "1"

// Integrate into the sourcemod admin menu
gs_admin_menu "1"

// Enable the mp_forceautoteam command and block people from using the 'jointeam' and 'spectate commands
gs_block_jointeam "0"

// Sets if admins set by 'gs_flags_teamswap' are immune from team swap blocking
gs_teamswitch_immune "0"

// Punish clients trying to restack teams during the team-switch block period by adding time to when they are able to team swap again
gs_punish_stackers "1"

// Time after being swapped by a balance or scramble where players aren't allowed to change teams
gs_changeblocktime "180"

// The plugin will check if people are reconnecting to the server to avoid being forced on a team.  Requires clientprefs
gs_check_reconnect "1"

// Allow clients to choose buddies so that the plugin will try to auto-balance them together, 
// and not scramble buddies who are on the same team
gs_use_buddy_system "1"

// If set, block client changes to spectator that result in a team imbalance
gs_prevent_spec_imbalance "0"

// Select spectators who have recently changed to specator during scrambles and force-balance.
// Setting to 0 disables.
gs_Select_spectators "0"

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 20:59 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
good job!

de 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 21:07 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Someone scrambled after a steamroll on granary, but next round was equally imbalanced overall resulting in a quick second round win.

Im not impressed yet!

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 21:15 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I thought the name of this thread was 'Scramble plugin installed' ,not 'Let's impress Dekar'.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 21:16 
Community slut (13473)
Dekar wrote:
Someone scrambled after a steamroll on granary, but next round was equally imbalanced overall resulting in a quick second round win.

Im not impressed yet!
You shouldn't use manual scrambles at the moment, please let it do it's work on auto mode, see if it balances it by itself.

de 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 22:41 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
I thought the name of this thread was 'Scramble plugin installed' ,not 'Let's impress Dekar'.
Must be an overlook, better change it.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Just curious if this has been turned off? as I didn't see it working last night. I wanted to see it in action so i could provide some constructive feedback to you if there were any issues. I read over the cfg, and it looks okay to me, but would be nice to see it in action. :D

The manual scramble options have disappeared from the admin controls; would it be possible to get them back as a precautionary measure in case the plugin doesn't kick in, as last night there was no way to scramble the teams. It would be really appreciated, Thank you. :D

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:18 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Just curious if this has been turned off? as I didn't see it working last night. I wanted to see it in action so i could provide some constructive feedback to you if there were any issues. I read over the cfg, and it looks okay to me, but would be nice to see it in action. :D

The manual scramble options have disappeared from the admin controls; would it be possible to get them back as a precautionary measure in case the plugin doesn't kick in, as last night there was no way to scramble the teams. It would be really appreciated, Thank you. :D
Hmm the plugin is on and active. There are some points I am not completely understanding from the auto balance bit of the config, so I'll get in touch with the plugin author to explain me a thing or 2 on the configuration.

The scramble commands should be in the admin menu, but I'd appreciate it if they aren't touched until the plugin is fully tested, ideally it needs to run on its own without admins needing to call manual scrambles (what we try to aim for is not using the scramble at all, but only ongoing balancing throughout the game).

#edit
Made a small edit as i maybe think I understand the cvar.
TF2's default balancer is now disabled, and gScrambles autobalancer enabled.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Hmm the plugin is on and active. There are some points I am not completely understanding from the auto balance bit of the config, so I'll get in touch with the plugin author to explain me a thing or 2 on the configuration.

The scramble commands should be in the admin menu, but I'd appreciate it if they aren't touched until the plugin is fully tested, ideally it needs to run on its own without admins needing to call manual scrambles (what we try to aim for is not using the scramble at all, but only ongoing balancing throughout the game).
Awesome! In my original post on the map rotation thread, I really wanted this feature so that the need to scramble was taken out of the hands of admin so it would be present when no admins were on the server and make it so admins didn't have to be constant worrying about fair teams all the time. So im 100% with you.

I definitely did not intend to use the manual scramble tools, as i want to see the auto working in as many scenarios as possible. But when i hit my admin key, i only got 3 options, the 4th (scramble/balance) was missing :| Again, I don't have any intention of using it, just be a good fallback if things get really bad and the auto plugin does not kick off.

But yeah, it was really weird, it didn't auto scramble once in the 3-4 hours i played last night, so was worried it was broken or something :) and i haven't seen it in action for myself yet :)

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:29 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Awesome! In my original post on the map rotation thread, I really wanted this feature so that the need to scramble was taken out of the hands of admin so it would be present when no admins were on the server and make it so admins didn't have to be constant worrying about fair teams all the time. So im 100% with you.

I definitely did not intend to use the manual scramble tools, as i want to see the auto working in as many scenarios as possible. But when i hit my admin key, i only got 3 options, the 4th (scramble/balance) was missing :| Again, I don't have any intention of using it, just be a good fallback if things get really bad and the auto plugin does not kick off.

But yeah, it was really weird, it didn't auto scramble once in the 3-4 hours i played last night, so was worried it was broken or something :) and i haven't seen it in action for myself yet :)
Well the idea is to have no auto scramble at all, but single players being balanced. So what you really have to look out for is if unbalanced games still exist in the same amount of before (I think the autobalance bit might not have worked till just now, so give it another go).

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:32 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Thanks saint, ill have a look this evening. :5:

ee 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 13:34 
Likes to type... (233)
If both teams have 10 players and I join by letting the system automatically assign me to a team, does it do so randomly or by the same logarithm that takes care of auto-balance? I'm curious if I should start checking the team stats and then join the one with less kills or does the system do the same thing by itself?

Not that I'm much help kill-wise but still...

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:23 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I think afaik, the balance kicks in from the gameplay, so if you randomly join then it will randomly put you in a team based on it being random and not to do with balance.

If you know what I mean.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:28 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
matude wrote:
Not that I'm much help kill-wise but still...
I think you are getting a lot better mate :D

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 18:44 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
good spy, that silent de-cloak owns me. damn set items :x

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 20:01 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I miss the easier to kill matude with his trademark hat :(

ee 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 00:59 
Likes to type... (233)
Ow, egoboost 8) Thanks guys :5:

Had to craft the damn set, too.

I think I just derailed the thread, mm... to get back on track I guess I should add that playing today for 3-4 hours there were a couple of moments when the system should have definitely auto-balanced the teams, but didn't do so.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 01:35 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
So far, I personally am quite happy with the way the balancing is working. I don't think we should scramble unless absolutely necessary.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 01:38 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I've seen the balancing thing work tonite and that was quite cool :5: , but the auto scramble didn't kick in really in some instances which might be down to how the game modes work. Shall have a read over the cfg when im more awake :)

I appreciate that we need to test the system and you have my full support! I will also try and be as helpful as I can be, but i can't stress enough, how I don't want to get back into a situation like we did when we tested out that brand new scramble plugin and drive away the players again. What im trying to say is, we should still manually scramble if it's (only) really necessary. I ofc do not intend to do this constantly, just when there is no choice, and players start dropping. :D

de 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 11:47 
Geek (630)
What im trying to say is, we should still manually scramble if it's (only) really necessary. I ofc do not intend to do this constantly, just when there is no choice, and players start dropping. :D

Like a redundant safety system. Just in case, if stil problems would occure. Maybe after an upcome update that would break the auto-scramble.
Swatching players manualy then could be a pain in the arse...with complaining swapped players, that bitch at the admi instead of the autocramble. ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 12:18 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
What im trying to say is, we should still manually scramble if it's (only) really necessary. I ofc do not intend to do this constantly, just when there is no choice, and players start dropping. :D

Like a redundant safety system. Just in case, if stil problems would occure. Maybe after an upcome update that would break the auto-scramble.
Swatching players manualy then could be a pain in the arse...with complaining swapped players, that bitch at the admi instead of the autocramble. ;)
I really do not want to go back to those days of doing manual swaps, i hate choosing people to move over. The balance plugin seems to be working fine; me, gzeus and anna saw it doing its job last night, but its just the auto-scramble that seems to be funky for some maps/gametypes, mainly payload ones, which is something scatter had mentioned in the past being an issue, maybe the cfgs are fighting against each other?

Just only use the manual scramble thing, when teams are clearly unbalanced (i.e. scores etc) and the auto scramble hasn't kicked in, and players start to leave. But to everyone, try and let the auto-scramble do its thing; but if it doesn't then use your best judgement.

People will always complain though, even if the teams are fair, they might just be playing crab and blaming it on the server. They are douches and should be ignored; but they are normally randoms anyway. ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 14:37 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
FYI if there is a complaint about this plug in, could you provide a timestamp and what happened (or didn't happen) which we can then use to match it against the actions that are logged so we can easily detect the problem. :mrgreen:

:grouphug:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 15:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
FYI if there is a complaint about this plug in, could you provide a timestamp and what happened (or didn't happen) which we can then use to match it against the actions that are logged so we can easily detect the problem. :mrgreen:

:grouphug:
shall do :5:

ee 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 17:29 
Likes to type... (233)
Quote:
Code:
// If the average score difference for all players on each team is greater than this, then trigger a scramble.
gs_as_playerscore_avgdiff "10.0
"
Does this mean the difference between two teams in terms of kill score has to be greater than ten times before the scramble kicks in? In which case may I suggest we lower it?

Yesterday I took screenshots of a couple of games, in both cases people were very annoyed and close to leaving because the auto-balance only moved a couple of people around, mostly when somebody quit, and didn't take into account the imbalance of teams in terms of skill at all.

Here's a screenshot of the worst imbalance:
If one team has more than twice as many kills, shouldn't the teams be auto-balanced? Or how does it work?

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 19:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The auto balancer is working and helping a bit, but I deffinetly think it needs to be more sensitive.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 19:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i just took some screenshots of it not scrambling on granary, goldrush and also ive noted when the auto-team balance wouldn't kick in and just make the teams the same number; which i noticed the plugin actually deactivates the standard tf2 autobalance; however does not replace the action as you can see in these screenshots, these uneven team numbers will be there for a few minutes often costing one team the round.
Attachment:
File comment: Shows auto balance not working effectively or quick enough.
Shows auto balance not working effectively or quick enough.
cp_5gorge0001_‎17‎April2011_‏‎19.35.40.jpg [ 363.78 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: shows on granary the teams not being scrambled
shows on granary the teams not being scrambled
cp_granary0001_17‎April‎2011_18.14.53.jpg [ 317.83 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: shows the other team leaving and not auto balance
shows the other team leaving and not auto balance
cp_granary0002_17‎April‎201‏‎.18.14.53.jpg [ 358.61 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: shows imbalance and no scrambling.
shows imbalance and no scrambling.
pl_goldrush0012_‎17‎April‎2011‏‎_19.58.54.jpg [ 360.36 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]
As much as it will effect the data there has got to be a point where we use the manual scramble; I do no want to get back in to that situation that we had last time. So when it is needed im going to have to manually scramble, rather than watch one player get moved over to the other team and then everyone leaves it anyway. Instead of waiting out an entire map, because even if we dont use manual scramble, the data will not be very useful as the players would have disconnected anyway.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 21:25 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Good points, I'm back tomorrow so I'll look into it to see if any of this is possible. In the meantime if you do see the code that corresponds to your query, paste it here ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 02:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
correct me if i am wrong, but is auto scramble even turned on?
Code:
// If set, it will scramble after a team wins X full rounds in a row
gs_winstreak "0"

// If set, it will scramble every X full rounds
gs_scramblerounds "0"

ca 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 02:53 
Geek (727)
Soooo off topic but balls, did you put those pics in that particular order on purpose?

1st pic : Ranked 1st
2nd pic : Ranked 2nd
3rd pic : Ranked 3rd
4th pic : Ranked 4th

I think I pay attention to useless details too much... :mrgreen:

<+Thaw111> typo
<+Thaw111> shit

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 09:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
haha, didn't notice that coincidence ^^

i like the fact that one of the spec is called LEROY!!! JENKINNSSS! :5: